Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: More Signs of a Slower Economy

Message 1 of 3

U.S. Budget Gap Balloons to $739 Billion Despite Tariff Revenue

June 12, 2019

The U.S. budget deficit widened to $738.6 billion in the first eight months of the fiscal year, a $206 billion increase from a year earlier, despite a revenue boost from President Donald Trump’s tariffs on imported merchandise.

The shortfall was 38.8% more than the same period a year ago, the Treasury Department said in its monthly budget review released on Wednesday.

So far in the fiscal year that began Oct. 1, a revenue increase of 2.3% hasn’t kept pace with a 9.3% rise in spending.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-06-12/u-s-budget-gap-hits-739-billion-with-four-months-...

economy savings.png

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: More Signs of a Slower Economy

Message 2 of 3

@CriticalThinking wrote:
The Morgan Stanley Business Conditions Index fell by 32 points in June, to a level of 13 from a level of 45 in May. This drop is the largest one-month decline on record. If that isn't bad enough, according to Morgan Stanley, it's at the lowest level since financial crisis in 2008.

Gee, I better visit my broker, hoping that they can tell me what to do. LOL

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

More Signs of a Slower Economy

Message 3 of 3
The Morgan Stanley Business Conditions Index fell by 32 points in June, to a level of 13 from a level of 45 in May. This drop is the largest one-month decline on record. If that isn't bad enough, according to Morgan Stanley, it's at the lowest level since financial crisis in 2008.

Kudos
Views
Replies