Reply
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: More Petty Vindictiveness from Baby Trump

299 Views
Message 11 of 38

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Trump revokes former CIA Director Brennan's security clearance

 

Threatens Entire US Intelligence Agencies Alumni

 

 Bow Down & Kiss My Big Mac Fed Fat Babies Belly or Else

 

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders also read a list Wednesday of other former law enforcement, national security and intelligence officials, all noted critics of the president, whose security clearances may be at risk as well.

 

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump has decided to revoke former CIA Director John Brennan's clearance for access to classified information, he said in a statement read by press secretary Sarah Sanders Wednesday.

The courtesy of allowing a former administration official to retain security clearance has been "outweighed by the risk posed by his erratic conduct and behavior," Trump said in the statement. "Mr. Brennan has a history that calls into question his objectivity and credibility..."

 
 

"Mr. Brennan has recently leveraged his status ... to make a series of unfounded and outrageous allegations, wild outbursts on the internet and on television, about this administration," he added.

 

Who thinks any one of them cares?

 

 

Source - https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-opts-revoke-former-cia-director-brennan-s-securit...

 

 

Mr. Allen - someone here seems to think that the actions regarding Brennan  "Threatens Entire US Intelligence Agencies Alumni" do you have any thoughts on that? I ask because you are being offered as proof of assorted wild stuff including baby kissing.

 

 

 Let us review the sequence of events here.

  1. Trump announces that he may take away security access of people who are critical of him.
  2. Ryan says that Trump is hyper-Trolling the people who are critical of him and no president would ever try to squelch free speech with such a heavy handed move. 
  3. Trump executes the heavy handed move with, once again, no rational other than his own childish impulses. 
  4. America sees that Trump is attempting to be a two bit dictator in a free country. 

 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: More Petty Vindictiveness from Baby Trump

292 Views
Message 12 of 38

@Tom5678 wrote:
Brennan speaks the Truth about the Liar in Chief, something totally alien to Trump, he don't like it so he is gone. We are NOT living in normal times.

Well, he did lie to the Congress on the subject. So, by what standard do you say he speaks the Truth about the President?

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: More Petty Vindictiveness from Baby Trump

287 Views
Message 13 of 38

@mickstuder wrote:

Trump revokes former CIA Director Brennan's security clearance

 

Threatens Entire US Intelligence Agencies Alumni

 

 Bow Down & Kiss My Big Mac Fed Fat Babies Belly or Else

 

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders also read a list Wednesday of other former law enforcement, national security and intelligence officials, all noted critics of the president, whose security clearances may be at risk as well.

 

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump has decided to revoke former CIA Director John Brennan's clearance for access to classified information, he said in a statement read by press secretary Sarah Sanders Wednesday.

The courtesy of allowing a former administration official to retain security clearance has been "outweighed by the risk posed by his erratic conduct and behavior," Trump said in the statement. "Mr. Brennan has a history that calls into question his objectivity and credibility..."

 
 

"Mr. Brennan has recently leveraged his status ... to make a series of unfounded and outrageous allegations, wild outbursts on the internet and on television, about this administration," he added.

 

Who thinks any one of them cares?

 

 

Source - https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-opts-revoke-former-cia-director-brennan-s-securit...

 

 

Mr. Allen - someone here seems to think that the actions regarding Brennan  "Threatens Entire US Intelligence Agencies Alumni" do you have any thoughts on that? I ask because you are being offered as proof of assorted wild stuff including baby kissing.

 

 

 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: More Petty Vindictiveness from Baby Trump

281 Views
Message 14 of 38

@GraysonL320504 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@Epster wrote:

It's been stated that the WH announced this July decision now to stop the Omarosa news cycle or to be vindictive. As Scott Adams explains, reason option number three is: the President does not trust John Brennen John Brennen is a American Hero - he is the architect of the plan that first - located Osama Bin Laden & then helped direct the successful killing & extraction of Bin Laden without starting a war with Pakistan

 

As usual, WRONG ON ALL COUNTS.  The group within the CIA that was devoted to finding bin Laden and finally found him was set up at the request of Bush during his administration.  For all we know, Brennan and Obama didn't even know the group existed until they informed them they had found him.

As usual, Republicans post what they wish were true while ignoring reality.

 

jrbush may have told the CIA to look for OBL, but he told EVERYONE in Government that. He had no more interest in the details than he did in the reality of what was going to happen if he toppled Saddam.

 

Just six months after 9/11, Bush suggested in a press conference that Bin Laden was not a top priority for his administration. Asked whether Bush thought capturing Bin Laden was important, Bush scolded those who cared about Bin Laden for not “understand[ing] the scope of the mission” because Bin Laden was just “one person,” whom Bush said, “I really just don’t spend that much time on

 

The CIA informed President Obama they had located OBL on Sept 2010 and that became a regular item on the PDBs until the SEALS killed SOBOBL on 2 May 2011.

 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: More Petty Vindictiveness from Baby Trump

284 Views
Message 15 of 38

NOT has a reasonable idea for once, and I'm fairly certain he's describing the way it actually works than the notion that somehow bigshots carry their security clearance home in a bag when they leave Government Service.

 

 All security is based on "need to know". If your job does not involve the sensitive information, you can't have it, period. No job, no sensitive info, clearance is immaterial.

 

If you change jobs while working for the Gov't, your access changes to fit the new job and if necessary, your clearance will be adjusted accordingly.

 

Trump has given information with the highest classification (the very names of which are themselves classified "Top Secret") to his idiot son-in-law who would read the PDBs and verbally pass on his (Jared's) interpretation to lil donny who had neither the attention span or the intellect to read it himself.

 

Granting of clearance has before now been kept scrupulously NON-Political and untrammeled with "executive interference" - i.e., you're boss could not influence the decision on what clearance you'd be granted, only what was requested.

 

Now the PupPetPOTUS has turned access to our most sensitive information into a personality contest - HE likes you, you got access, doesn't like you, no access

 

Considering the long and growing list of convicted felons, including folks indicted for Conspiracy with a hostile foreign power against the United States, that Der Trumper has placed at the head of his administration, do you really want Lemontop making those decisions? If not

VOTE OUT THE NRAGOP IN NOVEMBER, then rinse, repeat in 2020.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

More Petty Vindictiveness from Baby Trump

298 Views
Message 16 of 38

Trump World exists in an alternate reality.

 

"In his book, State of Denial, Book Woodward records the frustration of CIA operatives who were angry that then-President Bush took them off the hunt for the al Qaeda leader so they could search for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq that didn’t even exist."

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Conversationalist

Re: More Petty Vindictiveness from Baby Trump

284 Views
Message 17 of 38

@mickstuder wrote:

@Epster wrote:

It's been stated that the WH announced this July decision now to stop the Omarosa news cycle or to be vindictive. As Scott Adams explains, reason option number three is: the President does not trust John Brennan.

 

John Brennen is a American Hero - he is the architect of the plan that first - located Osama Bin Laden & then helped direct the successful killing & extraction of Bin Laden without starting a war with Pakistan 

 

 

As usual, WRONG ON ALL COUNTS.  The group within the CIA that was devoted to finding bin Laden and finally found him was set up at the request of Bush during his administration.  For all we know, Brennan and Obama didn't even know the group existed until they informed them they had found him.

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: More Petty Vindictiveness from Baby Trump

301 Views
Message 18 of 38

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Why should anyone retain their security clearance once they quit, retire, or fired? The only reason is you are taking a second job afterward that REQUIRES a security clearance. If you were fired, it should be impossible to regain your clearance.


Why - Because the US Government used to be a place that was steeped in Tradition - it was a place where those who served their Country Honorably for Decades were Honored after they left Service with a few Perks like keeping their Security Clearances.................this ac tion by Trump is pure Swamp Politics

 

Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, who was on a list of officials whose statuses were being reviewed by Trump, told CNN that it was “unprecedented” for the White House, as opposed to an agency itself, to pull clearance.

 

Michael Hayden, who ran the National Security Agency under Bill Clinton and George W. Bush and the CIA under Bush, told CNN that he hadn’t gotten a briefing from the CIA in nine years since leaving that job. “With regard to the implied threat today that I could lose my clearance, that will have no impact on what I think, say, or write,” he added.

 

Source - https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/08/clapper-hayden-respond-to-trump-pulling-brennan-security...

 

 

 


A security clearance is needed for some jobs. You have to apply for a security clearance when needed. When not needed, it should be removed. Of course that is just my opinion.

 

Should Omarosa have a security clearance? I don't know if she had one but I question why she was hired, what she did, and if she had a clearance, was it removed from her? Maybe if people who didn't need a security clearance had them removed, their would be less leaks of classified information.


What is it about Republicans that they think their odious actions should be excused because other people acted worse?  "OK Trump is bad but just look at what Hitler did"?????? Interesting argument. 


This answer is for you and Pan: I stated an OPINION. It is my OPINION and definitely not yours or Pan or Oldscout. I think anyone who quits, retires, or is fired should immediately have their security clearance cancelled if they are Republican, Democrat, Socialist, Communist, or other. For those seeking other jobs requiring a security clearance, they should reapply for the security clearance. If you previously had a security clearance, this should take but a couple of hours (assuming you don't have the TSA, Homeland Security, or other government agency swamped with bureaucracy do it. For those that don't like my suggestion because it is too cumbersome, think about your suggestions to use the "do not fly" list as a tool for who cannot buy guns. BTW, the error prone "do not fly" list is almost impossible to get off of!

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: More Petty Vindictiveness from Baby Trump

309 Views
Message 19 of 38

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Why should anyone retain their security clearance once they quit, retire, or fired? The only reason is you are taking a second job afterward that REQUIRES a security clearance. If you were fired, it should be impossible to regain your clearance.


Why - Because the US Government used to be a place that was steeped in Tradition - it was a place where those who served their Country Honorably for Decades were Honored after they left Service with a few Perks like keeping their Security Clearances.................this ac tion by Trump is pure Swamp Politics

 

Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, who was on a list of officials whose statuses were being reviewed by Trump, told CNN that it was “unprecedented” for the White House, as opposed to an agency itself, to pull clearance.

 

Michael Hayden, who ran the National Security Agency under Bill Clinton and George W. Bush and the CIA under Bush, told CNN that he hadn’t gotten a briefing from the CIA in nine years since leaving that job. “With regard to the implied threat today that I could lose my clearance, that will have no impact on what I think, say, or write,” he added.

 

Source - https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/08/clapper-hayden-respond-to-trump-pulling-brennan-security...

 

 

 


A security clearance is needed for some jobs. You have to apply for a security clearance when needed. When not needed, it should be removed. Of course that is just my opinion.

 

Should Omarosa have a security clearance? I don't know if she had one but I question why she was hired, what she did, and if she had a clearance, was it removed from her? Maybe if people who didn't need a security clearance had them removed, their would be less leaks of classified information.


What is it about Republicans that they think their odious actions should be excused because other people acted worse?  "OK Trump is bad but just look at what Hitler did"?????? Interesting argument. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: More Petty Vindictiveness from Baby Trump

310 Views
Message 20 of 38

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Why should anyone retain their security clearance once they quit, retire, or fired? The only reason is you are taking a second job afterward that REQUIRES a security clearance. If you were fired, it should be impossible to regain your clearance.


Why - Because the US Government used to be a place that was steeped in Tradition - it was a place where those who served their Country Honorably for Decades were Honored after they left Service with a few Perks like keeping their Security Clearances.................this ac tion by Trump is pure Swamp Politics

 

Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, who was on a list of officials whose statuses were being reviewed by Trump, told CNN that it was “unprecedented” for the White House, as opposed to an agency itself, to pull clearance.

 

Michael Hayden, who ran the National Security Agency under Bill Clinton and George W. Bush and the CIA under Bush, told CNN that he hadn’t gotten a briefing from the CIA in nine years since leaving that job. “With regard to the implied threat today that I could lose my clearance, that will have no impact on what I think, say, or write,” he added.

 

Source - https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/08/clapper-hayden-respond-to-trump-pulling-brennan-security...

 

 

 


A security clearance is needed for some jobs. You have to apply for a security clearance when needed. When not needed, it should be removed. Of course that is just my opinion.

 

Should Omarosa have a security clearance? I don't know if she had one but I question why she was hired, what she did, and if she had a clearance, was it removed from her? Maybe if people who didn't need a security clearance had them removed, their would be less leaks of classified information.

Report Inappropriate Content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors