More Lies by trump.....

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: More Lies by trump.....

Message 1 of 19

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Thanks Centrist for some factual analysis. Up until a few years ago, after a touchdown or field goal, we'd have 3-5 minutes of commercials and then the kickoff. Play would continue until another score or a change of posession.

However, about 4-5 years ago, the NFL changed to one of their most horrible advertising policies. It's bad enough enduring 3-5 minutes of commercials after a score, but now they STOP THE GAME AFTER THE KICKOFF and force us to watch another 2 minutes of commercials.

I think this latest advertising policy is horrendous.

It's all about those huge contracts to everyone involved.....as you know.  Someone suggested it already, but I'm a fan of charging $4.99 and let me watch which game I want with no commercials.

But for now, I dvr the games and watch a game, including replaying plays I want to see again, in under an hour....so much more efficient.

I do boycott every product I can that's advertised during NFL games.....it's quite a list.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

More Lies by trump.....

Message 2 of 19

Thanks Centrist for some factual analysis. Up until a few years ago, after a touchdown or field goal, we'd have 3-5 minutes of commercials and then the kickoff. Play would continue until another score or a change of posession.

However, about 4-5 years ago, the NFL changed to one of their most horrible advertising policies. It's bad enough enduring 3-5 minutes of commercials after a score, but now they STOP THE GAME AFTER THE KICKOFF and force us to watch another 2 minutes of commercials.

I think this latest advertising policy is horrendous.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 19

@easyed598 wrote:

Mlseker wrote-yes yes yes..tv timeouts. went to watch my 8th grade gansons game. wall to wall action. One of the reasons i stopped wtching basball too..commercials and no hustle on the field. out of the box in the box, pitchers trying to psych batters etc..like watching a chess match. One of the reasons for my declining viewership.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------50 years of tv  football commercials and you are just now complaining? Football games are longer than ever due to the increase in commercials as CeeTee correctly pointed out.  A score.....two minutes of commercials.....kick-off....another 1 minute of commercials, sometimes a minute and a half.  It's outragous......BUT, that's how these players, the league and teams get paid millions!!!  Games used to last 2.5 hrs....now it's 3.20.....another two beers if your at the game.....Put the blame where it belongs-with the players .   The players?  Hardly..... 64% of Americans are with Trump with this one.  1)  you found a poll you liked?  Shocking!  2)  Who cares; they polled the wrong population.  They should have polled those who watch the games every week;  3) do we need a #3?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 19

@easyed598 wrote:

Critical wrote-Analyzing viewership after only two or three weeks is the equivalent of judging the stock market performance after only 2-3 weeks.  Can we judge after 8 months.?  ALL  TIME HIGH!   And prior to his taking office, 

President Donald Trump has been tweeting more frequently about the stock market, whose record-setting performance has been one of the highlights of the 45th president. But it turns out, equities were advancing even more quickly in the early days of President Barack Obama.

S&P Global Market Intelligence compiled S&P 500 SPX, +0.41% performance for each postwar president, through the July of each president’s first term.

PresidentS&P 500, taking office through end of July
Eisenhower-5.3%
Kennedy11.3%
Nixon-9.7%
Carter-4%
Reagan-0.6%
George H.W. Bush20.7%
Clinton3.4%
George W. Bush-9.8%
Obama22.6%
Trump8.8%

Of course, early performance is just that, and may as much reflect the policies of the previous president as the current one.

Obama trumps Trump in stock-market gains through July

But thanks for asking......

If ratings are down, one of the agreed upon reasons is the length of games. Football is 60 minutes, but it takes more than 3 hours because there are about 2 hours of commercials during an NFL game. Of course, Trump Cult members always believe every word their hero utters.                    This has been the case for over 50 years . You just now notice.?  Another lie from a Conservative.  Won't you guyz just stop with the lies?

An average NFL game: more than 100 commercials and just 11 minutes of play

NFL games running longer than ever in 2015

Poor attempt to blame it on the fans and not the players.  Another lie....he didn't blame the fans.

Please Conservatives....please stop with the intellectual dishonesty.  You give us seniors a bad name.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 19

@easyed598 wrote:

Mlseker wrote-yes yes yes..tv timeouts. went to watch my 8th grade gansons game. wall to wall action. One of the reasons i stopped wtching basball too..commercials and no hustle on the field. out of the box in the box, pitchers trying to psych batters etc..like watching a chess match. One of the reasons for my declining viewership.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------50 years of tv  football commercials and you are just now complaining? Put the blame where it belongs-with the players . 64% of Americans are with Trump with this one.

Asa real fan, i can state it has gotten worse. Toss in corporate deisions to put games on pay tv. I cut the cord..and to bad for them. I still support the protestors, it hasnt affected game play one bit.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 19

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------50 years of tv  football commercials and you are just now complaining? Put the blame where it belongs-with the players . 64% of Americans are with Trump with this one.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 19

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Analyzing viewership after only two or three weeks is the equivalent of judging the stock market performance after only 2-3 weeks. 

If ratings are down, one of the agreed upon reasons is the length of games. Football is 60 minutes, but it takes more than 3 hours because there are about 2 hours of commercials during an NFL game. Of course, Trump Cult members always believe every word their hero utters.

Hey, where's that repeal and replacement of Obamacare on the first day in office?

Where's the wall paid for by Mexico?

Where's tax reform?

Where's infrastructure upgrades?

etc.

yes yes yes..tv timeouts. went to watch my 8th grade gansons game. wall to wall action. One of the reasons i stopped wtching basball too..commercials and no hustle on the field. out of the box in the box, pitchers trying to psych batters etc..like watching a chess match. One of the reasons for my declining viewership.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

More Lies by trump.....

Message 8 of 19

What a shocker! A bona fide member of the Trump Cult is defending his hero just like he does 100% of the time. 

Trump Cult members don't deal with facts, they merely blindly repeat what their hero says. Remember, they're cult members because they never challenge, question, or disagree with their hero.

For the rest of us, we know there were just a few players who peacefully protested for less than 2 minutes before a game. Most Americans, just like me, completely ignored them and couldn't wait for the game to start. They were nothing but a brief footnote we forgot once the game started.

But thanks to the leader of the Trump Cult, virtually the entire league, incuding many owners, are now joining the protest. 

Finally, anyone who thinks the past 8 months of the Trump Administration has been a success, is not living in the real world.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 19

Critical wrote-Analyzing viewership after only two or three weeks is the equivalent of judging the stock market performance after only 2-3 weeks.  Can we judge after 8 months.?  ALL  TIME HIGH!

If ratings are down, one of the agreed upon reasons is the length of games. Football is 60 minutes, but it takes more than 3 hours because there are about 2 hours of commercials during an NFL game. Of course, Trump Cult members always believe every word their hero utters.                    This has been the case for over 50 years . You just now notice.?  Poor attempt to blame it on the fans and not the players.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

More Lies by trump.....

Message 10 of 19

Analyzing viewership after only two or three weeks is the equivalent of judging the stock market performance after only 2-3 weeks. 

If ratings are down, one of the agreed upon reasons is the length of games. Football is 60 minutes, but it takes more than 3 hours because there are about 2 hours of commercials during an NFL game. Of course, Trump Cult members always believe every word their hero utters.

Hey, where's that repeal and replacement of Obamacare on the first day in office?

Where's the wall paid for by Mexico?

Where's tax reform?

Where's infrastructure upgrades?

etc.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors