AARP's caregiver resource center can help you navigate your role as a family caregiver. Try it today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Montana officer murdered by white right wing terrorists

Message 71 of 127

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

From the get-go, in situations like this I'd prefer the officer alive and the perp dead. No changes.

Your 'druthers???

Neither, but thanks for asking.

A cop out. In the situation under discussion "neither" was not an option offered.

Hey, 321, say "thank you" I shortened it just for you. 

As has been pointed out many times, your "options" aren't the only options available.

Image result for limited minds

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 127

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Albion61 wrote:

DHS, and police organizations around the country have understood for years that right-wing violence is more of a threat to officers and citizens than any other ideologically inspired groups.

"As state and local police agencies remind us, right-wing, anti-government extremism is the leading source of ideological violence in America."

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/16/opinion/the-other-terror-threat.html

An intelligent discussion on this topic requires a definition of terms. We have left/right politically. They are generally defined as Progressive/Conservative. On the Progressive side we have defenders of the masked and bandanna wearing street thugs. In reality, they are Anarchists but they align with the Progressives and the Progressives support them. On the other extreme there are the neoNazis - they may support the more Conservative side of the political agenda but Conservatives do not support them.

So, shall we discuss the differing ideologies of the Progressives and the Conservatives, or shall we make false claims about the meaning of the actions of the whackos out there?

You mean that we should not do what you just did?

What does that mean???

"On the Progressive side we have defenders of the masked and bandanna wearing street thugs. In reality, they are Anarchists but they align with the Progressives and the Progressives support them."

"... or shall we make false claims about the meaning of the actions of the whackos out there?"

Once again - what does that mean? If you have a thought, just state it. The "cuteness" just conceals whatever it is you are trying to opine.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 127

@alferdpacker wrote:

From the get-go, in situations like this I'd prefer the officer alive and the perp dead. No changes.

Your 'druthers???

Payment for an answer has not been recieved.

No payment - no answer.

Hint: Information that would lead to a conclusion as to what an answer might be does exist in prior posts.

It's there - IF you can find it...

Another cop out, this one a bit more convoluted (but without spelchek).

Hey, 321 - another "thank you" please.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 127

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Your 'druthers???

A cop out. In the situation under discussion "neither" was not an option offered.

Hey, 321, say "thank you" I shortened it just for you. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 127

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Albion61 wrote:

DHS, and police organizations around the country have understood for years that right-wing violence is more of a threat to officers and citizens than any other ideologically inspired groups.

"As state and local police agencies remind us, right-wing, anti-government extremism is the leading source of ideological violence in America."

An intelligent discussion on this topic requires a definition of terms. We have left/right politically. They are generally defined as Progressive/Conservative. On the Progressive side we have defenders of the masked and bandanna wearing street thugs. In reality, they are Anarchists but they align with the Progressives and the Progressives support them. On the other extreme there are the neoNazis - they may support the more Conservative side of the political agenda but Conservatives do not support them.

So, shall we discuss the differing ideologies of the Progressives and the Conservatives, or shall we make false claims about the meaning of the actions of the whackos out there?

What does that mean???

"On the Progressive side we have defenders of the masked and bandanna wearing street thugs. In reality, they are Anarchists but they align with the Progressives and the Progressives support them."

"... or shall we make false claims about the meaning of the actions of the whackos out there?"

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 127

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

And he should have been shot and killed earlier in the confrontation thereby saving the officers life and putting himself on cent's "victims" list.

1st, cent doesn't have a victim's list, but the Washington Post has a database listing all people killed by law enforcement; but thanks for the inaccurate, as usual, "credit".

Secondly, you and another Conservative complained in another thread about the NSA gathering data.  Just think if they had checked this clowns social media accounts and made an arrest before this killing.  Would the info gathering be acceptable then?

Does that mean you agree or disagree with my thinking that it would have been better if he had been killed earlier in the confrontation thereby saving the police officer's life?

Which "he"? 

There were two of them, you know... 

Is there some sort of mathematics problem involved?

Which one has been determined by forensics to have murdered the officer?

Can you post a link to factually verified proof of which "he" murdered the officer? 

Or are we dealing with yet more of the usual fringe rightwing fecally verified allegations?

Does that mean you agree or disagree with my thinking that it would have been better if he (or they) had been killed earlier in the confrontation thereby saving the police officer's life?

I disagree.

Wouldn't it be far better for him/them to be serving mandatory life sentences without the possibility of parole for their armed resistance and attacks on police way back in 2000?

Since he/they already are convicted felons - how did they get firearms?

Who bleeped up there?

Shouldn't whoever sold/gave/traded - or otherwise participated in aiding them to gain unlawful possession of firearms be charged and prosecuted for firearms law violations and/or prosecuted as accessories to murder?

Once the shooting started, there was no way for a judge to step in and say, "O.K. enough is enough - you, off to jail". So based on the realities of the situation, I would rather the perp was dead and the officer was alive.

Your 'druthers.

Yup!  "Once the3 shooting started".  Much different than your prior premise.  Just saying......

Your 'druthers???

Payment for an answer has not been recieved.

No payment - no answer.

Hint: Information that would lead to a conclusion as to what an answer might be does exist in prior posts.

It's there - IF you can find it...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 127

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

And he should have been shot and killed earlier in the confrontation thereby saving the officers life and putting himself on cent's "victims" list.

1st, cent doesn't have a victim's list, but the Washington Post has a database listing all people killed by law enforcement; but thanks for the inaccurate, as usual, "credit".

Secondly, you and another Conservative complained in another thread about the NSA gathering data.  Just think if they had checked this clowns social media accounts and made an arrest before this killing.  Would the info gathering be acceptable then?

Does that mean you agree or disagree with my thinking that it would have been better if he had been killed earlier in the confrontation thereby saving the police officer's life?

Which "he"? 

Can you post a link to factually verified proof of which "he" murdered the officer? 

Or are we dealing with yet more of the usual fringe rightwing fecally verified allegations?

Does that mean you agree or disagree with my thinking that it would have been better if he (or they) had been killed earlier in the confrontation thereby saving the police officer's life?

I disagree.

Wouldn't it be far better for him/them to be serving mandatory life sentences without the possibility of parole for their armed resistance and attacks on police way back in 2000?

Who bleeped up there?

Shouldn't whoever sold/gave/traded - or otherwise participated in aiding them to gain unlawful possession of firearms be charged and prosecuted for firearms law violations and/or prosecuted as accessories to murder?

Once the shooting started, there was no way for a judge to step in and say, "O.K. enough is enough - you, off to jail". So based on the realities of the situation, I would rather the perp was dead and the officer was alive.

Your 'druthers.

Yup!  "Once the3 shooting started".  Much different than your prior premise.  Just saying......

Your 'druthers???

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 127

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Which "he"? 

I disagree.

Who bleeped up there?

Your 'druthers.

Your 'druthers???

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 127

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Albion61 wrote:

What does that mean???

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 127

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Life is full of options and discussions are full of opinions, so - again - Does that mean you agree or disagree with my thinking that it would have been better if he had been killed earlier in the confrontation thereby saving the police officer's life?

By your same thinking displayed in this comment, would it be better if a bigoted police officer who was about to needlessly kill someone were to be shot and killed before he/she did it?

As always - far afield. I did not attempt to read anyone's mind to seek bigotry or lack there of. We are talking about a specific case and I would rather the perp got killed soon enough to save the police officers life. Try to focus on that and offer your opinion.

Chasky did ask a valid question that deserves an honest answer

If the "perp to be" were an officer - would killing the "perp to be" outweigh the fact that the "perp to be" is an officer?

As usual you didn't answer a valid question...

The content of your posts have the appearance of being engaged in a political adaptation of "Lying for the Lord"

Bob Millet, Lying for the Lord (iPhone & iPod).m4v - YouTube

Do not answer the question asked, but give an answer to an entirely different question you wish had been asked that diverts considerably from the intent and spirit of the question originally asked.

Have a time period of undefined duration and quality.

The officer was not the "perp", no lying, no Lord, no iPhone, and no gibberish. A straight forward point - in situations like the one in the topic (not a chas made up one) I would prefer for the police officer to survive and the perp not.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22