Honored Social Butterfly

Moderate Democrats pressure Pelosi, 'Stop the stupidity'

There a bipartisan measure a foot to help the American people with a Covid-19 relief package. The Senete has their version, the house theirs... and all the time the American people are being held hostage by peelowsee. 

She's not gonna get what she demands and the Senate needs to up the anti. President Trump wants more like 1-1.5 Trillion. 

No Blue state bail outs... sorry peelowsee, not gonna happen.

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Honored Social Butterfly

There a bipartisan measure a foot to help the American people with a Covid-19 relief package. The Senete has their version, the house theirs... and all the time the American people are being held hostage by peelowsee.

She's not gonna get what she demands and the Senate needs to up the anti. President Trump wants more like 1-1.5 Trillion.

Personally I think she should hold out until the stock market starts to crash again, then I think Republicans will suddenly " see the light " .

She might cave in though,  I've heard we might be facing sixty million evictions in a few months time.

Can you imagine that?

Sixty million families, homeless during the worst pandemic in over one hundred years.

Where would we put them all?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@gruffstuff wrote:

Personally I think she should hold out until the stock market starts to crash again, then I think Republicans will suddenly " see the light " .

She might cave in though,  I've heard we might be facing sixty million evictions in a few months time.

Can you imagine that?

Sixty million families, homeless during the worst pandemic in over one hundred years.

Where would we put them all?

We'll put them back to work if president Trump is re elected. Cite your sources about 60 million homeless families... that's what?.... 130+ million people?

I think you should get in the shade. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Cite your sources about 60 million homeless families

https://www.aspeninstitute.org/blog-posts/the-covid-19-eviction-crisis-an-estimated-30-40-million-pe... 

The COVID-19 Eviction Crisis: an Estimated 30-40 Million People in America Are at Risk

That was August, in a few months time it could be sixty million families.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

There was a relief bill passed by the house in May which covered every area of concern. It was sent to the Senate where it should have been brought up for a vote in May. The Senate would have passed it, changed it, or voted it down. The Senate did nothing because Moscow Mitch refused to allow a vote.

Based on what is normal it proves once again how little the far right know or understand any of this.

If the Senate had done its job and ended in changing the bill it would have gone to a conference committee where the house and senate would have worked out a bill both houses could pass.

That could all have been done by June. So once again we see that the Trump crew put the USA into the current mess, and then we have the far right trying to cover it up.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Peelowsee could put the senate package up for a vote but she won't. 

You're skirting the issue by just assigning more blame to those you dislike. There is a BI PARTISAN package, sponsered by 25 dems and 25 repubs. Why? because like the dems said to peelowsee... stop the stupidity. 

Something will get done, but no bail out for blue states, for past irresponsible fiscal behaviors... take that to the bank. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Peelowsee could put the senate package up for a vote but she won't. 

You're skirting the issue by just assigning more blame to those you dislike. There is a BI PARTISAN package, sponsered by 25 dems and 25 repubs. Why? because like the dems said to peelowsee... stop the stupidity. 

Something will get done, but no bail out for blue states, for past irresponsible fiscal behaviors... take that to the bank. 

You are skirting the issue. The Senate had a bill in May and did nothing. Why. Moscow Mitch would not allow them todo anything. You just proved my point that Trump and his followers are 100% responsible for no bill. The package you speak of could have been done in May, and as I told you would have passed in June and been law when the old package ran out. Trump in action. Causing misery to Americans.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

john258 posted..

You are skirting the issue. The Senate had a bill in May and did nothing. Why. Moscow Mitch would not allow them todo anything. You just proved my point that Trump and his followers are 100% responsible for no bill. The package you speak of could have been done in May, and as I told you would have passed in June and been law when the old package ran out. Trump in action. Causing misery to Americans.

==========================================================
I usual do not answer your posts but that one takes the cake.

The Pelosi bill was more about getting money to states and cities than about helping people effected by the virus.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:
john258 posted..

==========================================================
I usual do not answer your posts but that one takes the cake.

The Pelosi bill was more about getting money to states and cities than about helping people effected by the virus.

The Pelosi Bill was the House Bill and  the Senate has the duty to take up a bill passed by the house and vote it up, down or change it. That is the system plus money bill are usually started in the house. It makes no difference what was in the bill. If the Senate did not like it they vote it down.

That did not happen because Moscow Mitch refused to put it up for a vote as he is required to do.

This is a case of the Senate Rep refusing todo their job and helping Dictator Trump destroy the USA.

Here once again we see how little Trump and his supporters know about how Govt. works.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png