Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Mnuchin Can't Answer Basic ? about Presidents Audits

Message 1 of 1

Steve Mnuchin Can’t Answer Basic Questions About IRS Presidential Audits

The Treasury secretary previously said he’d be happy to give Congress details on the process.

Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin recently told Congress he would be happy to provide information about Internal Revenue Service audits of presidentsa task the agency performs every year.

But when he was asked for those details on Wednesday, he didn’t have the answers.

Sen. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.) asked Mnuchin during a hearing if the mandatory presidential audit would encompass previous tax years if the person who became president had been under audit for those years.

“I don’t know the answer to that but I can look into it,” Mnuchin said. “I do know the audit requirements are of the current years, but I’d be happy to look to look into that issue and get back to you.”

Van Hollen said Wednesday, “The fact that it’s difficult for you to answer that question underscores the congressional concern about whether or not the tax laws are being fairly applied.”

Source - https://www.huffpost.com/entry/steve-mnuchin-trump-tax-returns_n_5cdc4247e4b066205c60282a?guccounter...

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors