Mitsubishi Motors announced that it is relocating its North America headquarters to TN.

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Mitsubishi Motors announced that it is relocating its North America headquarters to TN.

Message 41 of 51

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Only by GOPers. The rest of us call it shafting workers to enrich Management, and we're the only country that allows it. The fact all those other countries have vibrant economies AND a higher standard of living for their citizens is proof our method is inferior for 99% of the population, including 98% of those silly enough to vote Republican.

So you are saying that companies are not entitled to risk their money to make a fair profit?  But the company is there for the workers?  You are against companies locating in areas with a lower pay scale because of the unskilled labor available to train versus remaining in areas with higher costs of living, therefore higher pay scales?

I have nothing against unions nor a living wage, but employment is a two-way street.  The workers deserve a fair wage, but there has to be a satisfactory return on investment for the company and investors.

Maury and Williamson County is the area where my mother's family was from and these type companies has brought a higher standard of living to the area.

Your post sounds like a page out of Karl Marx's writings.

I think they are saying that the attempted praise of Trump's policies is backfiring bigly. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Re: Mitsubishi Motors announced that it is relocating its North America headquarters to TN.

Message 42 of 51

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Only by GOPers. The rest of us call it shafting workers to enrich Management, and we're the only country that allows it. The fact all those other countries have vibrant economies AND a higher standard of living for their citizens is proof our method is inferior for 99% of the population, including 98% of those silly enough to vote Republican.

So you are saying that companies are not entitled to risk their money to make a fair profit?  But the company is there for the workers?  You are against companies locating in areas with a lower pay scale because of the unskilled labor available to train versus remaining in areas with higher costs of living, therefore higher pay scales?

I have nothing against unions nor a living wage, but employment is a two-way street.  The workers deserve a fair wage, but there has to be a satisfactory return on investment for the company and investors.

Maury and Williamson County is the area where my mother's family was from and these type companies has brought a higher standard of living to the area.

Your post sounds like a page out of Karl Marx's writings.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 51

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Republicans think it's great when Corporations can cut their labor costs, especially when a Blue State's citizens will lose good jobs and those in the Red State will work for much less. Not sure why the GOPerBase thinks this Race to The Bottom will be good for them or the country.

That's called conducting business to make money.   Democrats does it also.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 51

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Republicans think it's great when Corporations can cut their labor costs, especially when a Blue State's citizens will lose good jobs and those in the Red State will work for much less. Not sure why the GOPerBase thinks this Race to The Bottom will be good for them or the country.

That's called conducting business to make money.   Democrats does it also.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 51

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 51

@jimc91 wrote:

Mitsubishi Motors North America — say the headquarters move from Cypress to Franklin, Tennessee,

Spring Hill, Tennessee was where the Saturn was manufactured so Mitsubishi might find a favorable atmosphere for automobile manufacturing there in Williamson and Maury Counties.

I believe that General Motors pulled Saturn in the process of realignment

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 51

"...Now I am astonished on the rare occasion that I see one on the road. Seems to be going the way of Saturn, moving out to pasture in Tennessee....".

Mitsubishi Sales and Profits Continue to Rise - The Drive

Lets stick to facts.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 51

@FredSmif wrote:

Mitsubishi used to have quite a presence in the US auto market 20-35 years ago. Now I am astonished on the rare occasion that I see one on the road. Seems to be going the way of Saturn, moving out to pasture in Tennessee.

True and the Trump supporters are so desperate for any good news they are bragging that Mitsubishi moved their HQ from CA to TN................Typical.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 51

Mitsubishi used to have quite a presence in the US auto market 20-35 years ago. Now I am astonished on the rare occasion that I see one on the road. Seems to be going the way of Saturn, moving out to pasture in Tennessee.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 51

Just to give people the truth. They are relocating from California.  Remember, you must always check the facts from any post referencing a conservative source. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors