Introducing the Problem-Solving Strategy Challenge, the latest interactive brain exercise from Staying Sharp! Get started now.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Mitsubishi Motors announced that it is relocating its North America headquarters to TN.

Message 21 of 51

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

You keep stating FACTS 

Republicans & the Trump Cult & Conseratives have always found FACTS offensive 

Seeing as that I am well familiar with that area, a parent born there, relatives still in the area, I do know a lot about it.  From what I see here, it isn't Republicans, etc that are finding the FACTS offensive.  The negative comments are coming from those in other areas of the country.

The location is excellent.  Major highways and transportation, plenty of inexpensive electrical power thanks to the TVA, cost of living reasonable, etc.  An added benefit is TVA's lakes for recreational activities and fishing.

Yeah

In Summary - More American Workers Making Less Money - will the price of the Vehicles charged to American Consumers Decrease now that they are being made in Tennesssee because of all the Cost Savings to Mitsubishi compared to the Price they were in Expensive California

Of Course Not

No the Workers will simply make less money & Mitsubishi Stock Holders Will get better Dividends

BTW that Sister Company Nissan - They've managed to keep the UAW out in the Southern USA

Do you think that might have been another Incentive?

In 1994 MMNA was the subject of two lawsuits brought against it.

The first, filed by 29 women in December 1994, accused the company of fostering a climate of sexual harassment at its Normal, Illinois plant.

Then, in April 1996 the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) filed a class action suit on behalf of approximately 300 other women who worked at the plant. Mitsubishi initially denied any problems at its plant but later hired former U.S. Labor Secretary Lynn Morley Martin to recommend changes to its policies and practices.

The 1994 suit was settled for $9.5 million in August 1997, and an agreement with the EEOC was reached later that year as well.

Source - https://aflcio.org/UnionCars

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Mitsubishi Motors announced that it is relocating its North America headquarters to TN.

Message 22 of 51

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Really. They will be paid a lot less, and the Co will make a much larger profit.  Only the far right would think it is a good move for the worker, or the US.

Comparatively, the workers will come out ahead based on housing values...if they own property in California, they could sell it, buy property in the new location and have enough to put into an educational fund for their children.   A bonus would be having friendly folk for neighbors.

Thanks for proving what I said. You are telling us that the quality of life in the far right state is so much worse than CA people do not want to live there. I agree with you on that.  Most of the workers will try and find another job as they value the better standard of living. Just look at how the far right in TN act toward people. They try and suppress the vote, Racial problems will be larger, Laws to prevent them from doing things that are ok in CA, but not in TN. One thing in this case the Co is now in a far right part of CA so I could be wrong.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 51

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

I just realized how much like Trump this thread is.  Pointless and of no economic value to the country. 

Not as pointless as certain posts.  But of course to the people of that area it means jobs.

Can't blame Mitsubishi wanting to move from those Western states

Not at first since they will have to bring trained people in since the locals can not fill the jobs that require skills. Saturn, Mack Truck learned that years ago. They had to send workers from the north  to  the south to work, and had to pay them more. Mack even had to move some production back to its Pa. plant.  As they said then you can not take people lacking in the needed skills and start them out making vehicles. Keep in mind these are far right states.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 51

@john258 wrote:

Really. They will be paid a lot less, and the Co will make a much larger profit.  Only the far right would think it is a good move for the worker, or the US.

Comparatively, the workers will come out ahead based on housing values...if they own property in California, they could sell it, buy property in the new location and have enough to put into an educational fund for their children.   A bonus would be having friendly folk for neighbors.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 51

@Richva wrote:

I just realized how much like Trump this thread is.  Pointless and of no economic value to the country. 

Not as pointless as certain posts.  But of course to the people of that area it means jobs.

Can't blame Mitsubishi wanting to move from those Western states

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 51

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Tennessee - a Republican Paradise

Education..........43d BEST out of 50

Health Care......30th

Safety...............40th

Senior Care......47th

Wages..............40th

TAXES..............10TH

The area they are locating in is within the Nashville Metropolitan Area with higher wages than in most areas.  One consolation, cost of living will be a lot lower than in California.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 51

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

You keep stating FACTS 

Seeing as that I am well familiar with that area, a parent born there, relatives still in the area, I do know a lot about it.  From what I see here, it isn't Republicans, etc that are finding the FACTS offensive.  The negative comments are coming from those in other areas of the country.

The location is excellent.  Major highways and transportation, plenty of inexpensive electrical power thanks to the TVA, cost of living reasonable, etc.  An added benefit is TVA's lakes for recreational activities and fishing.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 51

@mickstuder wrote:

You keep stating FACTS 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 51

@mickstuder wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Yes and the local paper  there was discussing the package of tax and other incentives the state and city granted them to make the move.  

Perhaps you should tell them you object to the incentives?   Since you're not in that area what is your problem?

I don't recall saying I objected to the incentives. 

Your Problem On This Thread Is The Same One You Keep Trying In Others 

You keep stating FACTS 

I suspect the world is much simpler if you don't bother with facts.  I should ask Donald Trump. Martin Heirich once called him "the most factless president ever".  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 51

@Richva wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Yes and the local paper  there was discussing the package of tax and other incentives the state and city granted them to make the move.  

Perhaps you should tell them you object to the incentives?   Since you're not in that area what is your problem?

I don't recall saying I objected to the incentives. 

Your Problem On This Thread Is The Same One You Keep Trying In Others 

You keep stating FACTS 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion: