Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Milken: There are over 400 proposed coronavirus treatments, cures

Message 1 of 10

@CriticalThinking 

You said the unemployment rate was 50% ... that's different from jobless or not working. 

I saw a stat somewhere yesterday where it said almost one half of Americans are unemployed because of the virus.

I'm retired and not working, but spend a ton of cash doing my part.

Nice try though

Libs search for the light of day in the dead of night
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

You can thank your lucky stars that you didn't have Sleepy Joe at the helm because he doesn't know which way up is!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

And with the incompetence shown by the Trump administration, we are going to been all of them. Even Pence is wearing a mask now.

I'm sure Pence will check with you next time since you know better than he!

Well, I am betting I would not ignore the warnings of health officials and the scientific evidence and open the country up too soon. 

• I would not push unproven malaria medicine as a cure
  • I would not announce it was going away by Easter like a miracle
  • I would walk the walk and wear a face mask
  • I would not have exposed 6,750 of my followers to the virus (thank God it was no a million, eh?)
  • I would not have waited six weeks to enact the travel ban I put into place for China
  • I would not have defunded the World Health Organization in the middle of a pandemic
  • I would have coordinated the response between the various state governments 
  • I would have invoked the defense production act to make sure all PPE was acquired for the United States and not sold to other countries.  (he waited until April)
  • I would not have announced that we have prevailed over covid in May
  • And the list can go on if you want more. 
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Milken: There are over 400 proposed coronavirus treatments, cures

Message 4 of 10

Trump World gets thoroughly confused by FACTS, but here we go anyway.

Nearly half the U.S. population is without a job, showing how far the labor recovery has to go
PUBLISHED MON, JUN 29 20201:09 PM EDT UPDATED TUE, JUN 30 20209:48 AM EDT

• The employment-population ratio, the number of employed people as a percentage of the U.S. adult population,  plunged to 52.8% in May, meaning 47.2% of Americans are jobless.
  • As the coronavirus-induced shutdown tore through the labor market, the share of population employed dropped sharply from a recent high of 61.2% in January, farther away from a post-war record of 64.7% in 2000.
  • “To get the employment-to-population ratio back to where it was at its peak in 2000 we need to create 30 million jobs,” said Torsten Slok, Deutsche Bank’s chief economist.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/29/nearly-half-the-us-population-is-without-a-job-showing-how-far-the-l...

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

@CriticalThinking

"I saw a stat somewhere".... you're joking right? 

Are you the somewhere man now? 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

And with the incompetence shown by the Trump administration, we are going to been all of them. Even Pence is wearing a mask now.

I'm sure Pence will check with you next time since you know better than he!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

In Trump World, they are going to give credit to Trump for all 400. That's what cult members do.

In reality, there are no cures as doctors are learning and trying an array of new techniques. The key word in the title is "proposed". Yes, doctors and medical science know a lot more than they did only 3 months ago. But there is no cure, there is no vaccine, we still have a long way to go, and many antibodies tests do not work. 

As of today, Corona Virus cases are spiking in 38 states and the economy is still in big trouble. I saw a stat somewhere yesterday where it said almost one half of Americans are unemployed because of the virus.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

I know the hospitals are moving away from ventilators to high flow O2. No need to sedate the patient and recovery is faster. 

Lots of good work by pharma and medical.

As I've been told.... 60-80% of the population will need to have some exposure to covid-19 for herd immunity.  Link below is very comprehensive regarding current medical studies. Way too much reading, but if you're bored and like information, this is a gold mine.

https://www.sciencemag.org/collections/coronavirus?intcmp=sci_cov

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Message 10 of 10

MARIA  BARTIROMO Interview with Michael Milken

Michael Milken will join me next.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)  BARTIROMO: Welcome back.

Philanthropist Michael Milken has been studying life-threatening diseases for decades.

He joins me now.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

BARTIROMO: First, let me get your take on these worries that we could see a second spike of this in the fall, worries about the coronavirus spiking across the country in places like Florida, Texas, et cetera. Are you worried about this getting worse, Mike?  MICHAEL MILKEN, CHAIRMAN, THE MILKEN INSTITUTE: There are millions of people that we know that have had this virus that have never been tested.

So, the question is, what can be done? And I think one of the issues that Americans prize very highly is their freedom. But, at this point in time, there's a partnership. And wearing masks and other things is part of that partnership.

My particular focus, Maria, has been on a solution for this coronavirus. There are more today than 400 potential treatments, whether they're antivirals, antibodies, more than 150 vaccines, and bringing those to use by the people in controlling the coronavirus.

BARTIROMO: Yes, I want to talk to you about that, because the efforts are wide and deep. The innovation in this country is strong.

But your institute has the COVID-19 Treatment and Vaccine Tracker. Tell me about the tracker, because do you think one of the reasons that we're seeing the spikes is because we're just doing more testing and tracking? Or are we actually seeing the threat that this is getting worse?

MILKEN: I think the answer is both, more testing, but I don't think it's getting worse.

Having more people have the virus -- we know better how to treat a person with a virus. The medical system is far better prepared. There are antivirals that are working. We are very excited about a few of them that are working through our medical foundations right now and in clinical trials that quite possibly can prevent the virus from going to your lungs, particularly for men.

So, I think we're going to treat this better. Less people are going to be in ICUs or need ventilators out of the percentage the number of people diagnosed. But this has not gone away.

But what has occurred is the greatest movement ever in history by the biomedical industry and by government.

BARTIROMO: You mentioned the impact on men.

Talk to us about cancer drugs, in particular prostate cancer drugs, and what you're seeing as they address the COVID-19 crisis, Mike.

MILKEN: We looked at testosterone, and we discovered research that we had done back in 1999 on drugs that are in the public domain and generics today.

Appears to substantially reduce or prevent the movement of the virus into your lungs. So, this is -- these are drugs that have been going into human beings for decades. I have actually been on one of these myself for 27 years. There are other antivirals that are extremely promising here.

And we have been very focused on those immunology treatments that have little side effects for the person, but can stop the inflammation in your lungs, which has led, in most cases -- most of the deaths, that's been involved with.

BARTIROMO: Unbelievable. This is so fascinating.

Mike, I want to come back to this, because I also want to talk about the antivirals out there.

But let me turn the conversation now to the economy, because this most recent quarantine going on in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, where the governors said, look, anybody from hot spot states coming in will have to quarantine for 14 days before going out and about in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, is this going to worsen what has been a recession, obviously a serious contraction in the economy?

We are expecting a serious contraction in the second quarter. How do we get out of this, Mike?

MILKEN: Since you and I first started talking about this a few months ago, everything has accelerated.

We talked about J&J, Johnson & Johnson, the most valuable health care company in the world, having a vaccine, making it available to the world, going into human beings in January of 2021. That vaccine is going into human beings in July of '20. So, everything has been accelerated.

The second area is, testing and tracking will give us more -- we're talking about delaying here, not stopping, the opening of the economy. And all of the restrictions on movements just push it out.

The medical community, FDA, CDC, HHS, BARDA, NIH, they are accelerating these efforts. They are making financial commitments, so that, if something works, it will be available to us.

Hundreds of millions of vaccines will be available in the fourth quarter of this year. We don't know if they work yet.

BARTIROMO: Wow. Wow.

MILKEN: But they will be available.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

BARTIROMO: Stay right there.

More with Michael Milken when we come right back.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

BARTIROMO: Welcome back.

More now from philanthropist Michael Milken.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

BARTIROMO: This is an election year, Mike. How do you avoid politics getting involved?

There is a report out that says that President Trump is pressuring the FDA to get a vaccine out before the election. Is that even possible?

MILKEN: FDA doesn't need to be pressured. They're challenging themselves.

No, they're not going to bring anything that isn't safe. Johnson & Johnson is not bringing anything that isn't safe, Moderna and so on.

BARTIROMO: Yes.

MILKEN: Thousands and thousands of people have already been given the vaccines.

And the Oxford vaccine, BARDA has committed more than a billion dollars to it.

BARTIROMO: Tell me about the therapeutics and the antivirals, Mike.

How important are these drugs going to be as sort of a bridge until we get to an overall vaccine?

MILKEN: Antivirals, such as Gilead, or these ADT drugs, androgen deprivation therapy, are going into human beings today.

It's -- these are safe. They have been approved. They have been around for years. And many of them appear to have a very positive effect on controlling the virus. To get your economy 100 percent open and to get people comfortable, you will have a vaccine.

But antivirals, immunology, agents that control the movement into your lungs and the cytokine storm, they are occurring at this time and are going into citizens in the United States. And our entire system of medical research has been transferred.

There is a downside, and there is collateral damage. And those are the issues of people that have had heart attacks and didn't go to the hospital or strokes, or people that have not taken their cancer treatments.

So, there's collateral damage. And maybe, as we come out of this, one of the greatest challenges we have is to mental health that we're very focused on.

BARTIROMO: So much great information from you, Mike. It's great to have you. Thanks very much.

We, of course, will be watching and hope to talk with you soon, Mike. Thank you.

MILKEN: Thank you, Maria.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors