Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Midwestern Floods-A sign from God?

Message 1 of 12

Midwestern Floods-A sign from God?

Off Topic?

Maybe

70,000 years ago the Toba super volcano erupted and reduced the world human population to about 5000 people with the effect it had on the climate.

Main culprits were ash, which caused a volcanic winter for six years, and carbon dioxide, which caused sulfuric acid to from in the atmosphere and fall down as rain ( acid rain ), which killed plants and disrupted the food chain.

I think we're well on our way to some serious problems, we've had acid rain all my life?

The oceans are acidifying , ice caps melting, permafrost thawing, methane ice melting and releasing gas. 

Midwest flood a sign from God?

Maybe, but we can't say God hasn't warned us.

Side note:  You know those 5000 people that lived?  They were able to do that though cooperation  with each other, not with Herbert Hoovers philosophy of rugged individualism.

So now what, should Midwest Red States choke on their own ideology, or should all of us Neo Marxist help them?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 12

I never said they were not predicted. I said they were unprecedented. Climate change scientists have been predicting this for years. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 12

Pure snark:   The end of timers must have not had it on their calendar, and the evangelicals have gone into hiding. 

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 12

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

These are NOT UNPRECEDENTED WEATHER Conditions - We know we are going to have them - these things are predictable 3 days - 3 years - 30 years in advance  Really?  When's the next "bomb cyclone"?

Right After the Cannonization of the next Saint!

The point is - we know these severe weather events are going to happen - we know Climate Change is going to exacerbate them

We do not have a Comprehensive Infrastructure Plan in place to even attempt to deal with them effectively

Many Other Industrialized Countries Have - Especially Flood Control as part of their National Security Strategy

We have 30 year Career Democratic Politicians who's priorities lie within playing pin the pork on the most Senior Good Ole Boys & Girls & have all they can handle simply trying to metabolize the current air

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 12

@mickstuder wrote:

These are NOT UNPRECEDENTED WEATHER Conditions - We know we are going to have them - these things are predictable 3 days - 3 years - 30 years in advance  Really?  When's the next "bomb cyclone"?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 12

The Areas That Flooded Contain Two of the Biggest Rivers in the Country

There are Countries around the World less Capable Monetarily then the USA - they make Flood Control a National Priority - they make peperation for Severe Weather a National Priority

These are NOT UNPRECEDENTED WEATHER Conditions - We know we are going to have them - these things are predictable 3 days - 3 years - 30 years in advance

This is not a Natural Disaster

This is not Divine Intervention

It's Incompetence

The Same Incompetence that allows people to build Mansions on the sides of Cliffs next to a Ocean that is rising

The Same Incompetence that allows people to build in the bottom of Canyons where we already know their are going to be mudslides

The Same Incompetence that allows people to build in a place like New Orleans that is Below Sea Level to begin with - and we know that the Oceans are rising and we keep rebuilding the place over and over

We Have No Competent Leadership in Washington or in the States

We Have No Strong Leadership That Can Make the Tough Choices Regardless of the Poltical Consequences

We Have People Like Trump who would sell his Soul if he had one to the Devil just to get a Extra Big Mac - even if he alreadys had 10 of them sitting in front of him

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 12

@Laurie42010 wrote:

Hmm, interesting.  Perhaps this is God's way of showing us what our own "freewill" can do?  We caused this problems with years and years of misusing the earth, no?  We(They) made the mess, now let's see what We (They) will do???  All that bloody money while destroying our environment and our people.

Why would God destroy his people who he made in an image of himself when we can do it for him?

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 12

Hmm, interesting.  Perhaps this is God's way of showing us what our own "freewill" can do?  We caused this problems with years and years of misusing the earth, no?  We(They) made the mess, now let's see what We (They) will do???  All that bloody money while destroying our environment and our people.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 12

@williamb39198 wrote:

I’m sure that the citizens affected

may be thinking that this may be an act of God. Plus, I’m sure that many in the Midwest may have been trump supporters, and may now may question why trump is a climate denier. And is taking no measures to prevent climate change. I really hope that at least they will realize that trump was not chosen by God, nor has any connections with God!

He was chosen by putin, which is like being picked by an evil force

This is the Sign God Sent the Midwest

trumps infrastructure .png

Source - GOD

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 12

I’m sure that the citizens affected

may be thinking that this may be an act of God. Plus, I’m sure that many in the Midwest may have been trump supporters, and may now may question why trump is a climate denier. And is taking no measures to prevent climate change. I really hope that at least they will realize that trump was not chosen by God, nor has any connections with God!

He was chosen by putin, which is like being picked by an evil force

Kudos
Views