Protect your digital identity with AARP’s fraud resource center. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Michael Flynn Saga

Message 21 of 35

critical thinking--There is no question that not only did Flynn lie under oath, but had interactions with the Russians. He now wants immunity, which to parahrase him, WHY WOULD ANYONE NEED TO ASK FOR IMMUNITY IF NO CRIME HAD BEEN COMMITTED leaves me with no doubt as to his guilt, not that there ever was a doubt.   (And of course, Trump, who has yet to have an original thought, parroted the same.)

The fact that he hasn't been taken up on his request for immunity tells me that Intel already has a lot of info. on him.

I have always hoped that any president, whether a Dem or a Repub., would do well.  Trump is such a disasterous representative of this country, I can't wait until he, Flynn, and other felons like them, are taken down so that Americans can once again have pride in their leadership, and faith that their president have  their well beings in mind, rather than the stroking on the egos of those who are pretending to represent them.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 35

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

About Flynn we know the following - someone high in the intel community leaked information (as yet unverified) for purely partisan political purposes.

I do believe that certainly needs investigation and if immunity is asked for, it should be granted.

What crystal ball told that "someone in the Intel community leaked information for purely political reasons"?

Why should immunity be granted just because it is asked for? Seems to me that Flynn shouldn't want immunity since according to him that means he would be admitting his guilt.

Surely you know that this whole thing stems from media reports leaked to them. As to grant or don't grant - that isn't my decision.

And that means it was purely for political reasons? Or is that just your partisan political opinion?

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Michael Flynn Saga

Message 23 of 35

"What did he do??"

At this point in time we know he LIED to:

• The FBI
  • VP Pence
  • The Trump Administration
  • He asked for Immunity from Prosecution (that's what guilty people do, per his own words)
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 35

@rk9152 wrote:

What did he do??

That is for you to ask him and for us to assume.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 35

What did he do??

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 35

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

About Flynn we know the following - someone high in the intel community leaked information (as yet unverified) for purely partisan political purposes.

I do believe that certainly needs investigation and if immunity is asked for, it should be granted.

What crystal ball told that "someone in the Intel community leaked information for purely political reasons"?

Why should immunity be granted just because it is asked for? Seems to me that Flynn shouldn't want immunity since according to him that means he would be admitting his guilt.

Surely you know that this whole thing stems from media reports leaked to them. As to grant or don't grant - that isn't my decision.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 35

Apparently some are making noise that Immunity should be granted.   The reason:  because.   Perfect logic - NOT. 

Considering that investigations by the Senate and the FBI are in the early stages, why would anyone want to protect a guy who has clearly violated several laws of this country.    It is amusing that they are mimicking Donald - who is refusing to answer the question of immunity - attempting to say, that he knows more than anyone else?   NOPE - when questioned he ran out of the room.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-leaves-without-signing-executive-orders-amid-flynn-questions/

Ignorance and immunity are the only way that Donald hopes to get past this and if people didn't listen to Clinton Watt testimony at the Senate Investion - then do and then you will possibly comprehend why that immunity is such a bad idea.   

I'd post the link- but I have to dash!   :-)

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 35

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 35

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 35

I was listening to Jeffrey Toobin on CNN last night, and he said even if he was given immunity for his testimony, Flynn could still be subject perjury charges if it's found that he lied to the FBI. He said it is not likely that Flynn will be granted immunity any ways soon as they will want to go over all the evidence first. He also said that investigators would want to know what Flynn has to offer and if it would be worth their while. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22