Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Mexico As A Safe Third County

Message 11 of 19

@mickstuder

I said nothing about the US building a border wall in this post.

Try applying for asylum in Canada - especially if entering from the US

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/irregular-border-crossings-asylu...

Georgia does legislate the mandatory use of the E-Verify system for all employers with over 25 employees - One of the only states that does this - but the law is only as good as the employers giving these undocumented a job regardless of the wages they pay them because government cannot be everywhere.

I wish these folks had an easier, more efficient way of becoming here.

We Seem to have a pretty good refugee process but with asylum seekers, it is hit or miss even without the current Administrations tough policies.

it seems to me that perhaps this group seeking asylum here could begin the process in their own country and gather the proof they need to back up their claim so that we could be ready for the ones that are approved for asylum.

This whole asylum seeking process for this group does nothing but cause them grief because many are never approved.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 19
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 19

".... - a Boat from Iceland would come into Port and I'd pick some of the Crew up and take to a Bar and then to my house for a all-night Party - No Border Check Point - No CBP - No Customs - Nothing - in fact when I would drop them back at the Boat it was right after we stopped at the Local Liquor Store so they could stock up......".

"... There is also significant Icelandic dysporia with 88,000 people of Icelandic descent in Canada and more than 40,000 in the United States.....".

**bleep**! They're coming for us.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 19

@GailL1 wrote:

IF Mexico could be declared a Safe Third County in their treatment of migrants, we could develop an agreement with them like we have with Canada and migrants from the Northern Triangle of Central America would have to seek asylum in Mexico.

Pretty soon, Mexico would be building their own wall but on their southern border.

Canada has it made with the Safe Third County Agreement which we signed with them in 2002.  Think we should cancel it and move some asylum seekers at our Mexican border northwards to their Country.  Has Canada offered us any help at all ?  I don't think so.

The surge seems to be increasing at a rapid pace - perhaps our new legislator can give some new ideas.  Anybody heard any?

WP 12/10/2018 - At Mexico border, US sees surge in migrants claiming fear of harm in home countries

BTW, I have a friend who lives in Guatamala - use to come and go but since retirement she and her hubby are there now full time.  I asked her about the crime and she said in her country, like in the US, there are some areas that have an abundance of it and others that have little.  They just stay away from those areas.  

Wonder when some folks in our high crime areas are gonna split to Canada for their safety from harm?

Well, Whatever You Do - Don;t Cancel it until we can get a WALL built all along our Northern Border with Canada...............................

No One Knows Yet How Many Rapists - Drug Dealers - MS-13 - Perspective Future District Court Judges are pouring in through our Border with Canada

3.5 hours from where I live you can cross back & forth between Canada & the USA as easily as I can drive from NH to Mass - No CBP - No Check Points - No Nothing

What about by Boat on the EAST & WEST Coasts - thousands of miles of beaches and inlets and rivers where anyone with a boat can land on our Shores unnoticed

I used to Live in Gloucester Ma. - big Fish Processing Port - a Boat from Iceland would come into Port and I'd pick some of the Crew up and take to a Bar and then to my house for a all-night Party - No Border Check Point - No CBP - No Customs - Nothing - in fact when I would drop them back at the Boat it was right after we stopped at the Local Liquor Store so they could stock up

This Border Wall Immigration Issue is a Joke

Start Locking Up the People Hiring Illegals and it will STOP Tomorrow

The only difference - the illegals coming from Canada are White

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 19

@retiredtraveler wrote:

Another failed organization. Good idea, good intent, has accomplished very little.

Seems government's should be better at determining what works and what doesn't - Isn't that where government shines - ideas, planning, creating the steps for success - putting it to work and making adjustments along the way.

Anybody with any intelligence can write up a good spill - it is actions that produce results and success in whatever goals have been set.

This organization of governments seems to have lost their way.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 19

You are right about the OAS - it is even tied to the UN and there are 35'country members, including the US, Guatamala, Honduras, El Salvador as well as Venezuela, Cuba, Canada - What a group of characters.

http://www.oas.org/en/member_states/default.asp

To have been around for so long, they certainly don't appear to do much.

Hope we aren't sending too much money to them for whatever their trek for human rights might be.

Perhaps we should pull our membership.

With Mexico's new President wanting to do more for human rights and migrants in particular, they should put their vision where their mouth is and sign a Safe Third Country agreement with us.  But if that is not to be - at least right now - I think we should cancel the one we have with Canada - who knows there might be people who want to go to Canada for a new safe home - even some from here or travel through our country to get to Canada; under the Safe Third Country agreement we have with them - that is not now possible.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 19

"......The OEA (Orgranization of Americans States)

Is an organization that have always existed. and it was supposed to help all countries in this Continent. But I guess that it has never happened.....".

Another failed organization. Good idea, good intent, has accomplished very little.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 19

Gail   if you think for two seconds that Mexico is going to help the US on this issue, you are dreaming.

Mexico will never help the US on anything that doesn't pertain to them.

They have always been like that. I have many times in the past have stated that people in this country should study the history of the OEA    and how Mexico and other have always voted in any proposition that  the US has presented.

The OEA (Orgranization of Americans States)

Is an organization that have always existed. and it was supposed to help all countries in this Continent. But I guess that it has never happened.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Mexico As A Safe Third County

Message 19 of 19

IF Mexico could be declared a Safe Third County in their treatment of migrants, we could develop an agreement with them like we have with Canada and migrants from the Northern Triangle of Central America would have to seek asylum in Mexico.

Pretty soon, Mexico would be building their own wall but on their southern border.

Canada has it made with the Safe Third County Agreement which we signed with them in 2002.  Think we should cancel it and move some asylum seekers at our Mexican border northwards to their Country.  Has Canada offered us any help at all ?  I don't think so.

The surge seems to be increasing at a rapid pace - perhaps our new legislator can give some new ideas.  Anybody heard any?

WP 12/10/2018 - At Mexico border, US sees surge in migrants claiming fear of harm in home countries

BTW, I have a friend who lives in Guatamala - use to come and go but since retirement she and her hubby are there now full time.  I asked her about the crime and she said in her country, like in the US, there are some areas that have an abundance of it and others that have little.  They just stay away from those areas.  

Wonder when some folks in our high crime areas are gonna split to Canada for their safety from harm?

Kudos
Views
Replies