Arthritis remedies now target inflammation as well as the ache. Learn more in AARP’s series: Getting Smart About Chronic Pain.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Mexican officials propose banning Trump from Mexico

Message 51 of 61

@myexper wrote:

If Americans are crazy enough to elect someone like Trump to President of the United States, I believe Mexico will build a wall to keep Americans out of Mexico.

And THAT is the way Trump had planned for Mexico to pay for the wall he wanted  ...... and why Trump has refused to reveal how he would get Mexico to pay for it.

That would never happen, It you think that the Mexican government is going to shoot themselves in the foot, you don't know the Mexican Government. Regarding the wall that Trump says he is going to build. I think than rather than spending the money on a wall he will get his Republicans buddies to vote once  and for all for an immigrantion bill that will allow then to really curtail the illegal entry. Remember he is not against Mexicans, he is against Illegals. sorry that you have never noticed that.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 61

There are multiple issues here and it is a perfect case where one size does not fit all and the cliches do not address the issues.

First of all, there are criminals coming over the border - and they are generally not doing so legally. I assume we can all agree on that.

"Mexico is sending" - I dunno about that, but they are coming through Mexico.

I'll say again, the purpose of the "wall" (or whatever is used to secure the border) is not to stop immigration - it is to stop illegal immigration.

"They're bringing drugs" - aren't some doing that??

"And some I assume are good people" - yep, and that is the key. Separate out the legal from the illegal and the good people from the nogoodnicks. That requires border security.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 61

@rk9152 wrote:

Since the proposal is based on a falsehood, “What we’re saying is that if he wants to build a wall so that Mexicans can’t enter his country, then he is not welcome in our country", the entire issue is as meaningless as the use of schoolyard names.

For those more interested in reality than funny names it should be obvious that Mr. Trump has no problem with Mexicans nor with Mexican immigrants. His concern is with illegal immigrants from wherever. That is something all citizens should be concerned about and expect their government to deal with.

"For those more interested in reality", here is what "Mr. Trump" actually stated:

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 61

If Americans are crazy enough to elect someone like Trump to President of the United States, I believe Mexico will build a wall to keep Americans out of Mexico.

And THAT is the way Trump had planned for Mexico to pay for the wall he wanted  ...... and why Trump has refused to reveal how he would get Mexico to pay for it.

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 61

I can only hope that DT isn't quite the A-hole he comes across as to many of us, but uses those ridiculous sound bites to get people's attention .. and really wouldn't do half the ridiculous things he's suggested.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 61

The sad thing is that this country's voter base would even be considering a person for POTUS that has said he will build a wall on any of our borders.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 61

Since the proposal is based on a falsehood, “What we’re saying is that if he wants to build a wall so that Mexicans can’t enter his country, then he is not welcome in our country", the entire issue is as meaningless as the use of schoolyard names.

For those more interested in reality than funny names it should be obvious that Mr. Trump has no problem with Mexicans nor with Mexican immigrants. His concern is with illegal immigrants from wherever. That is something all citizens should be concerned about and expect their government to deal with.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 61

My guess - and I'm certainly no fan of DT - is that 99.9% of these threats are just posturing. In the end, whether he becomes POTUS or goes back to being a wheeler-dealer business mogel, all of these entities will quietly cave in, because they don't want to lose their relationship with the U.S., or lose any business DT might bring them.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 61
Yes Alferdpacker I think Trump is dangerous for the American citizens.
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 61
I too agree with the Mexican officials about banning Trump from Mexico.
Kudos
Views