Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Men, Women and Sexual Harassment

Message 1 of 27

@Epster wrote:

@ReTiReD51 wrote:

It’s obvious there are a lot of “everyday men and women” who don’t give much “thought” to the concerns of the women who accused Trump of sexual harassment because these same everyday men and women voted to put him into office even after all his accusers came forward.

Why?

I’m guessing because he may be a son-of-a-gun but he’s our son-of-a-gun, our political party hack.

At some point when “everyday men and women” care more about a sexual harasser to vote for them, than care about those who protest about sexual harassment then they deserve a Roy Moore as an elected official.

OK. This is where I leave this conversation which was originally non-partisan. Exit, stage left.

Originally non-partisian?

You had better read the original article linked to in the original post. It’s in reference to Al Franken.

Plus you responded to someone’s post who mentioned Franken as overpowering his accuser and never once did you mentioned that this was supposed to be a non-partisan conversation.

Franken’s name is mentioned 8 different times in this thread and not one time have you asked someone to stop using his name.

Only when I mentioned Donald Trump as a sexual harasser did you object.

These elected officials that have sexually harassed individuals have a name. Don’t refer to them as the swamp or some other derogatory term. Call them out by name for what they are not a democrat or republican, but a sexual harasser.  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 27

Snoopy, I think we're in danger of conflating sexual harrassment--a serious issue, but one that might be controlled with an assertive attitude--with sexual assault. I understand that the author is talking specifically about harassment, but it's a slippery slope sometimes. We're also running the risk of blaming the victim for not being assertive enough--"She should have just stood up to him."

I think most victims of sexual assault try to stand up for themselves. Others, like the fourteen-year-old accuser of Roy Moore, aren't old enough or don't have the strength or opportunity.

Teaching our daughters to be more assertive is important, but in some cases it won't be enough.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 27

Centristsin2010

It really is amazing how many "harasser's" have been outed.  Do you think the wave has passed, or is this just the tip of the iceberg?

Next time we select a new president, she will be right on time.  Between now and then, outing harassers by draining That swamp, will continue - to be effective.

Women are taking control of this conversation and politics are secondary. Couldn't agree more, which is why that rant was so off base.

To help when a rant is ready to march, hang this at home to remember you are not ranting alone.  No, it doesn't seem to me this iceberg is melting away any time soon.

Image result for images women's march 2016

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 27

@ReTiReD51 wrote:

It’s obvious there are a lot of “everyday men and women” who don’t give much “thought” to the concerns of the women who accused Trump of sexual harassment because these same everyday men and women voted to put him into office even after all his accusers came forward.

Why?

I’m guessing because he may be a son-of-a-gun but he’s our son-of-a-gun, our political party hack.

At some point when “everyday men and women” care more about a sexual harasser to vote for them, than care about those who protest about sexual harassment then they deserve a Roy Moore as an elected official.

OK. This is where I leave this conversation which was originally non-partisan. Exit, stage left.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 27

@rk9152 wrote:

@ReTiReD51 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Generally I am not a fan of the daily kos but that piece is beautifully written and hits the nail on the head.

Thanks snoop.

Since you’re a Jake Trapper fan here’s another story. This one too is beautifully written and hits the nail perfectly dead center on the head.

“Trapper runs through Trump sexual harassment accusers: ‘People in glass White Houses shouldn’t throw stones”

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/360956-tapper-runs-through-trump-sexual-harassment-accusers-people...

Nothing in that. Just a CNN dude being a CNN dude.

Snoop's post was about the everyday men and women going through life and really is a "thought piece".

Why?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 27

@oceanedge2 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Why  is anyone so surprised as to the attitude from our Sexual Harasser in Chief?  Who is surprised?

I just wonder how surprised dt was to learn that, due to ridicule & polls, it's no longer cool to brag about his own proclivities.  I don't think he's surprised at all.  His CULT still worships him and they always will.

and women, keep it up, defending men that may in the future be your daughters's attackers, and then try to answer as to why you put your moral values below your political party.  What women here have defended men?  What in the world are you talking about?

The women defending men are those who have not yet come out (in their lives).  A lifelong habit of put up, shut up can be difficult and sometimes dangerous to change.  Yet none of them have posted here, so the rant was misplaced.  Internal morals have not reached the point of need-to-change-now.  I believe the fact that the prez of the us is a perv, I agree, as well as an adulterer and sexual abuse offender and the so-called Christians STILL support him.  So sad.  is actually helping society to change.  Women are taking control of this conversation and politics are secondary. Couldn't agree more, which is why that rant was so off base. dt is impotent and Franken's move to have himself investigated is an evolutionary leap.  Couldn't agree more, even if I tried.  Smiley Wink

It really is amazing how many "harasser's" have been outed.  Do you think the wave has passed, or is this just the tip of the iceberg?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 27

@rker321 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Why  is anyone so surprised as to the attitude from our Sexual Harasser in Chief?  Who is surprised?
Who is really naive to expect that our sexual harasser in Chief would actually criticize another like himself?  I give up, who?
Please, start by getting real and try to smell the roses. What are you talking about?
and women, keep it up, defending men that may in the future be your daughters's attackers, and then try to answer as to why you put your moral values below your political party.  What women here have defended men?  What in the world are you talking about?

Whatever Centrist,  Whatever. 

Actually, it's "whatever, rker".  What in the world were you ranting about?  Did you even read the thread here?  No one posted any "surprise" about the president....no one posted anything "naive".....no one.....who should have gotten REAL?  Every post here was seemed REA", so what are you talking about?  There's no need to get yourself all worked up, I asked "REAL" questions.  Did you read the posts here before "going ranting"?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 27

rker321 wrote:

I just wonder how surprised dt was to learn that, due to ridicule & polls, it's no longer cool to brag about his own proclivities.

The women defending men are those who have not yet come out (in their lives).  A lifelong habit of put up, shut up can be difficult and sometimes dangerous to change.  Internal morals have not reached the point of need-to-change-now.  I believe the fact that the prez of the us is a perv, is actually helping society to change.  Women are taking control of this conversation and politics are secondary.  dt is impotent and Franken's move to have himself investigated is an evolutionary leap.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 27

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Who is really naive to expect that our sexual harasser in Chief would actually criticize another like himself?  I give up, who?
Please, start by getting real and try to smell the roses. What are you talking about?

Whatever Centrist,  Whatever. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 27

@rker321 wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors