Regular Social Butterfly

Memorial Day 2020

2badfde3-0b02-478c-bfd5-5f69391fc193.jpeg

GettyImages-1148751267-768x512.jpg

308686-Keep-The-Memory-In-Memorial-Day.gif

Memorial Day.jpeg

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
Honored Social Butterfly

On this day of Remembering, making a snide remark about a former President is really uncalled for. And why would anyone kudo that. 

Country, Honor, Sacrifice. We give Thanks to those who have come before Us!

Regular Social Butterfly

williamb39198 wrote:

On this day of Remembering, making a snide remark about a former President is really uncalled for. And why would anyone kudo that. 

Country, Honor, Sacrifice. We give Thanks to those who have come before Us!

@williamb39198 

big rolling eyes.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal 

Upon double checking, the two original posts are still here with your original having been edited...I was going to let it slide, but glad you brought it up! As per my comment about your signature line snide comment about Obama, which I did not feel was appropriate, if you were so proud of it, why did you edit it?

Nor do I feel that calling others ignorant on Memorial Day was appropriate. The Day was not about us. 

Are sad eyes suppose to make me feel bad!

Regular Social Butterfly

williamb39198 wrote:

@sunluvngal 

Upon double checking, the two original posts are still here with your original having been edited...I was going to let it slide, but glad you brought it up! As per my comment about your signature line snide comment about Obama, which I did not feel was appropriate, if you were so proud of it, why did you edit it?

Nor do I feel that calling others ignorant on Memorial Day was appropriate. The Day was not about us. 

Are sad eyes suppose to make me feel bad!

@williamb39198   Regarding "the two original posts" which are on another topic/thread (not this one)...yep, that's what i said.  😉

Regarding me changing my signature, i said somewhere but you must not have seen it...i change my signature FROM TIME TO TIME, not because i'm not proud of it...but because i get bored easily and also sometimes i run across one that i REALLY like and change it.    Sometimes it may not even be political...but right now...tiz the season.  😁

You considered the obama signature "snide".  I saw it as truthful.  Different views all over the place. 

I don't understand why (not that it's necessary) you concern yourself with a persons signature so much, I think the actual post is much more important. But that's just me...

I didn't make the post about "us"...hence the photos i posted. 

Those are not 'sad eyes"...it's "rolling eyes". 🙄

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal 

The point is missed...it was about a solemn, respectful day, and the subject of the particular topic, Memorial Day. ...and not about either You or Me. Other political topics were fair game, but not those threads about Memorial Day. Calling names was not appropriate,

Regular Social Butterfly

williamb39198 wrote:

@sunluvngal 

The point is missed...it was about a solemn, respectful day, and the subject of the particular topic, Memorial Day. ...and not about either You or Me. Other political topics were fair game, but not those threads about Memorial Day. Calling names was not appropriate,

@williamb39198  YOUR point...was not missed.  Just ignored.   You do not decide what is necessary or appropriate FOR ME.   I don't call people names, for one thing it's against the guidelines and i'm quite sure i would be called down for it and/or my post deleted.  I leave the name calling and labeling to others. 

You're flip flopping between topics...trying to correct MY actions. WOW

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

The trouble with our conservative friends is they worship a gutless draft-dodging Toad who is on track to kill more Americans than Hitler.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Olderscout66 wrote:

The trouble with our conservative friends is they worship a gutless draft-dodging Toad who is on track to kill more Americans than Hitler.

Of course they worship him and protect him with denial, distraction and discrediting others. It's all they have.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:
williamb39198 wrote:

@sunluvngal 

@williamb39198  YOUR point...was not missed.  Just ignored.   You do not decide what is necessary or appropriate FOR ME.   I don't call people names, for one thing it's against the guidelines and i'm quite sure i would be called down for it and/or my post deleted.  I leave the name calling and labeling to others. 

You're flip flopping between topics...trying to correct MY actions. WOW

Have you read your signature line.  You do call people names.

Honored Social Butterfly

If you can't be respectful all the time then it's contrived and fake, for the sake of shaming a poster... that  ain't working. 

You want respect? then give it always, in all ways and take the vow to be civil. My offer still stands for anyone at any time. 

Watch the video from my post... "Prison of two Choices". Speaks to the heart of the matter. It's non partisan, by a black pastor, former NFL player. 

I just need one brave and committed liberal with me to take a stand for civility. 

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 

And you are being civil, respectful, and not name shaming by equating liberals with squirrel poop? That is your vow to be civil...ya know that’s not much of a vow. 
Kinda like claiming that you will never eat car tires. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@williamb39198  he said:

@Fishslayer777 

And you are being civil, respectful, and not name shaming by equating liberals with squirrel poop? That is your vow to be civil...ya know that’s not much of a vow. 

You know I've changed it multiple times to illustrate my willingness... and you know this because you were part of the previous threads.  offered, change my signature waited 1 week... no takers. 

Offer still stands

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@williamb39198  he said:

@Fishslayer777 

You know I've changed it multiple times to illustrate my willingness... and you know this because you were part of the previous threads.  offered, change my signature waited 1 week... no takers. 

Offer still stands

Here we see one of the saddest things taking place in here and AARP should be ashamed. We have some one telling us they will stop calling posters Squirrel S if they will be kind to him.

What is even sadder is the people who are supposed to be making sure the forms are a credit to AARP allow it even after they know what is going on.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png