Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Melania

Message 21 of 42

@ChasKy53wrote:

So if a Mexican nobody came into the country under the same circumstances yet committed the same violation would you be just as accepting of it? Or are you accepting of Melania doing so because she is the wife of a Republican President?

I don't believe that it would make a difference if I or anyone was accepting of her circumstances.   However the left wouldn't be making such a big deal if Trump wasn't her husband.   They are the ones upset and making a issue.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 42

@rker321wrote:

Anyway, I feel that for lots of reasons she does  deserve our respect.

Would anyone think that she doesn't feel that it is to her economic advantage to act like the perfect trophy wife?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 42

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

We shouldn't forget that she is a nude model, with a false resume, who, most likely entered the United States legally but stayed illegally.

It's not so strange that you post something without doing one bit of research, but instead repeat what was said during a political campaign.

She was a model in Europe when Metropolitan Models co-owner Paolo Zampolli, a friend of Trumps brought her here on a visa, but yes she was paid for 10 modeling assignments before receiving a H-1B work visa several months later.

You think that is such a serious violation of her entry that her citizenship should be revoked?  Or is it only if she is the wife of a Republican President?

https://apnews.com/37dc7aef0ce44077930b7436be7bfd0d

So if a Mexican nobody came into the country under the same circumstances yet committed the same violation would you be just as accepting of it? Or are you accepting of Melania doing so because she is the wife of a Republican President?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 42

@gruffstuffwrote:

But I can’t help feeling sorry for her.

I suspect she knew what she was getting into, it's not like it was a secret, infidelity is something Trump brags about, goes on radio and talks about, it's what the tabloids write about

I'm not sure what her deal is, what her relationship with Trump is, but I don't feel sorry for her.

I don't feel sorry for her either, trump's past was well known, she knew what she was getting into. I didn't feel sorry for Hillary, why should I feel sorry for her?

Maybe they have a open marriage? Who knows?

I know this:  it was up to Hillary what she wanted to do and the same goes for Melania.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 42

@ManicProgressivewrote:

I find it quite interesting that there were many calls for Hillary to leave Bill when his affair was discovered, but I don't hear anyone calling for Melania to leave.   

Maybe there are some, but I haven't seen them.  I wonder what the difference is?

Double standards, as usual.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 42
Rk ..Anyway, I feel that for lots of reasons she does deserve our respect.
EEKK! I can't go that far.... pity yes, respect no.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 42

We shouldn't forget that she is a nude model, with a false resume, who, most likely entered the United States legally but stayed illegally.

Almost sounds like something out of a James Bond story doesn't it.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 42

Now that we have settled that TX  let's get back to the original topic which is Melania and how we or many or us see her.

Yes, I am  sure that I would not want to be in her place. In my mind I feel that she is embarrassed by all of this.

She has been up to now one of the the most unobtrusive First Lady  in history.
perhaps it has to do with what she knows as to how much she is allowed in the limelight.
Anyway, I feel that for lots of reasons she does  deserve our respect.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 42

@nctarheel wrote:

YOU have to make a snarky comment regarding MY political opinion!!!!!!!

Should be a valid question as to why you say that about their personal finances.  It was a snarky comment regarding something having to do with their personal lives and without doubt has to do with your political opinion since you are making it public by posting here.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 42

What we do know, is thaat the immigration status of her parents is a tightly guarded - which may be why she stays.    She should have known the type of person she was getting into bed with.    The son is the person who will be either damaged or brainwashed to dismiss the reality of his father who demos that he has no sense of good sense - I need a sexual outlook a few weeks after his wife delivers.   The paternal instinct is what his dad showed him, and is contrary to what most people value as a parent.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views