AARP members get more! Take a look at your member benefits.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Melania Decorates WH With Trees Dripping Blood

Message 11 of 131

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

To put  a political spin on how the First Lady has decorated the White House is in my personal view. quite silly.

I bet she thought that she was preparing herself to have her decorating  expressions in the cover of Vanity Fair. . Hoping that next time and next year she remembers that her home should have whatever she pleases, and have a little more sensitivity to the rest of the nation.

From what I've read, and I believe posted on this forum, she solicited and had the assistance of 250 decorators around the country.  They contributed their ideas and help in the decorations.  If this was a Democratic First Lady I have to wonder if instead of criticism there would have been praise from the Amen Corner here?

I can't speak for the "Amen Corner", whatever that is. But ......... if a Democratic First Lady decided on the same thing that this First Lady has, I would most definitely criticize her for it and offer that I would prefer that traditional Christmas decor be used.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 131

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:(in blue text)

Rker321's criticism shows that she is not being partisan about this. It seems that when one 'flips' they become so partisan that they are incapable of criticizing the smallest thing (comments or actions) about the President or the First Lady. Instead, they only criticize anyone that does.

I don't recall asking your analysis of my post to Rker or the reason she made her post. I don't recall asking you for yours either, yet here you are.

But your post does indicate that you are still crying in your beer Can't "cry in my beer" and am not "crying" because I chose to be honest about my opinions I am being honest about mine, you call it crying. Does that mean that you being honest about your opinions is also "crying".  You've been crying for almost two years now about my opinions Nope, just offer criticism, as you do about mine, or are your criticisms also "crying"?...or your presumed thoughts of what they are just as you offer assumptions.  I didn't 'flip' but decided stop the charades so to be independent here so you were playing "charades"?.  Beside who are you to dictate what or whom I choose to support. Offer a quote of me "dictating" what or whom you should support or you are simply making a false accusation. 

It is Rker's perogative to not agree with the First Lady's taste yes it is and her criticism shows non-partisanship, just as it's mine to have whatever political opinion I think best yes it is, even if those political opinions seem to be partisan.  I see the First Lady's decorating to be an expression of independence from tradition. So do most partisan trump supporters.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 131

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

From what I've read, and I believe posted on this forum, she solicited and had the assistance of 250 decorators around the country.  They contributed their ideas and help in the decorations.  If this was a Democratic First Lady I have to wonder if instead of criticism there would have been praise from the Amen Corner here?

Unfortunately,  they blew it. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 131

@rker321 wrote:

To put  a political spin on how the First Lady has decorated the White House is in my personal view. quite silly.

I bet she thought that she was preparing herself to have her decorating  expressions in the cover of Vanity Fair. . Hoping that next time and next year she remembers that her home should have whatever she pleases, and have a little more sensitivity to the rest of the nation.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 131

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 131

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Rker321's criticism shows that she is not being partisan about this. It seems that when one 'flips' they become so partisan that they are incapable of criticizing the smallest thing (comments or actions) about the President or the First Lady. Instead, they only criticize anyone that does.

When some "flip", they land on their heads.....

Image result for flip land on head gif

No wonder all their values "flip" as well.....

Yep !!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 131

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Ryker321's criticism shows that she is not being partisan about this. It seems that when one 'flips' they become so partisan that they are incapable of criticizing the smallest thing (comments or actions) about the President or the First Lady. Instead, they only criticize anyone that does.

I don't recall asking your analysis of my post to Rker or the reason she made her post. 

But your post does indicate that you are still crying in your beer because I chose to be honest about my opinions.  You've been crying for almost two years now about my opinions...or your presumed thoughts of what they are.  I didn't 'flip' but decided stop the charades so to be independent here.  Beside who are you to dictate what or whom I choose to support. 

It is Rker's perogative to not agree with the First Lady's taste, just as it's mine to have whatever political opinion I think best.  I see the First Lady's decorating to be an expression of independence from tradition.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 131

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Ryker321's criticism shows that she is not being partisan about this. It seems that when one 'flips' they become so partisan that they are incapable of criticizing the smallest thing (comments or actions) about the President or the First Lady. Instead, they only criticize anyone that does.

When some "flip", they land on their heads.....

Image result for flip land on head gif

No wonder all their values "flip" as well.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 131

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

I AM NOT QUESTIONING HER RIGHT TO DECORATE AS SHE PLEASES, I AM CRITICIZING HER TASTE. AND THAT IS PERSONAL OPINION. GEE, THESE TRUMP FOLLOWERS WILL FOLLOW THEIR HERO TO THE TOILET AND DISCUSS THE COLOR OF THEIR BOWEL MOVEMENTS. AND SEE IF THEY COINCIDE.

Who is the registered Republican in the house who during the primaries was urging others to vote for Trump?  You criticize her taste yet you say you are not yet you say you are not questioning her right to decorate as she pleases, then you go off on denigrating comments about politics.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 131

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Amazingly it was OK for the Right to mock and slander a President and First Lady when there were Democrats in the White House, but now that there is a Republican Orange Toad and First Lady in the White House it is suddenly unacceptable.

Double standards again ?

Really?? Who associated Mrs. Obama with skin cancer.

I checked with my ex-sister in law who decided she was now my brother in law until he decided she was a goat and finally a Seminole and now lives free on the reservation supported by gambling and she/he/it told me that her tribe considered that unacceptable.

You post yet another reply to a posting of mine that has nothing to do with what I posted.

I never have once mentioned anything about "Mrs. Obama with skin cancer".  I have not once mentioned anything about your "ex-sister in law", a "brother in law", a "goat", a "Seminole", a "reservation", "gambling",  or anything any "tribe" said.

Get a grip.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion: