Melania Decorates WH With Trees Dripping Blood

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Melania Decorates WH With Trees Dripping Blood

Message 1 of 131

Sorry Tex, but I guess that other posters have a lot more confidence on what others posts than the ones that  are posted by some.

no name
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 131

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Well for all of you . those red tress are not trees.  guess what? they are topiaries  that are covered in  red cranberry branches.

I posted a link to an article about one of the florists who helped design and decorate these trees, but I guess no one bothers to read background material:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/11/30/melanias-red-christmas-trees-reaction-shocks-d...

That certainly wasn't how Wenstrup saw the trees which are located in the East Colonnade of the East Wing.

She thought that the design was perhaps inspired by the sculpted and shaped holly topiary trees in the garden that are visible outside the hallway's windows. The garden is one of two designed by former first lady Jacqueline Kennedy, Wenstrup said. 

The cranberry tree that adorns the White House Red Room could have also served as an inspiration, she suggested. Whatever the idea's source, it was not Wenstrup's. The first lady's team worked on that.

The red trees were part of her "American Treasures" theme, intended to honor America’s heritage.

The usual negative partisanism here on this forum.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 131

Guys  I do have better news about this                subject.  I saw yesterday on HGTV the Xmas in the White House this year and was able to see "the red trees"  
Well for all of you . those red tress are not trees.  guess what? they are topiaries  that are covered in  red cranberry branches.

For a moment there she had those trees dyed red. and that was terrible in my opinion but these are not trees, they are topiaries and they can be of any color anyone wants to put them  they don't even represent trees. 

Sorry, but in this instance, I really now don't see that the red topiaries are that bad as a decoration idea or usage.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 131

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

It is not the end f the world. she has a different taste than others and that is it.

The point is that like many things you can't please everyone.  Without a doubt a good many of the opinions has(sic) been partisan.

Opinions defending the immigrant have been equally partisan.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 131

@Roxanna35 wrote:

It is not the end f the world. she has a different taste than others and that is it.

The point is that like many things you can't please everyone.  Without a doubt a good many of the opinions has been partisan.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 131

What is the problem with many posters in this message board,  do you all need to defend her taste no matter what?
sorry, but that is unnecessary.if  you like red trees, by all means buy one for yourself and your family.

Many of you are defending these blasted trees as if if you didn't like them or others didn't like them is was a shameful thing to say or recognize.
The darn tress are not Republican or Democrats they are Red tress. I am sure that she will not be offended if some don't like them  
A whole thread trying to convince others that they are a work of art or an amazing decorating ploy?

Is this where you all waste your time.? buy a red tree decorated it blue and called it Christians. I assure you I won't give a dam.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 131

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Amazingly it was OK for the Right to mock and slander a President and First Lady when there were Democrats in the White House, but now that there is a Republican Orange Toad and First Lady in the White House it is suddenly unacceptable.

Double standards again ?

Really?? Who associated Mrs. Obama with skin cancer.

I checked with my ex-sister in law who decided she was now my brother in law until he decided she was a goat and finally a Seminole and now lives free on the reservation supported by gambling and she/he/it told me that her tribe considered that unacceptable.

You post yet another reply to a posting of mine that has nothing to do with what I posted.

I never have once mentioned anything about "Mrs. Obama with skin cancer".  I have not once mentioned anything about your "ex-sister in law", a "brother in law", a "goat", a "Seminole", a "reservation", "gambling",  or anything any "tribe" said.

Get a grip.

Then I guess you can just ignore it. Although you did make mention of your theory that it was O.K. to mock a Dem First Lady. 

Ignore what? A post of yours about your "ex-sister in law", a "brother in law", a "goat", a "Seminole", a "reservation", "gambling",  or anything any "tribe" said?   OK .......... I will ignore it, thanks for suggesting that.

I mentioned mocking a First Lady in reference to the Right mocking Mrs. Obama when she was First Lady, yet they whine and howl at the moon when anyone criticizes Melania.  Since I never saw you or anyone from the Right complain about anyone mocking her it must have been OK.   Yep .......... double standards.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 131

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Amazingly it was OK for the Right to mock and slander a President and First Lady when there were Democrats in the White House, but now that there is a Republican Orange Toad and First Lady in the White House it is suddenly unacceptable.

Double standards again ?

Really?? Who associated Mrs. Obama with skin cancer.

I checked with my ex-sister in law who decided she was now my brother in law until he decided she was a goat and finally a Seminole and now lives free on the reservation supported by gambling and she/he/it told me that her tribe considered that unacceptable.

You post yet another reply to a posting of mine that has nothing to do with what I posted.

I never have once mentioned anything about "Mrs. Obama with skin cancer".  I have not once mentioned anything about your "ex-sister in law", a "brother in law", a "goat", a "Seminole", a "reservation", "gambling",  or anything any "tribe" said.

Get a grip.

Then I guess you can just ignore it. Although you did make mention of your theory that it was O.K. to mock a Dem First Lady. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 131

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

From what I've read, and I believe posted on this forum, she solicited and had the assistance of 250 decorators around the country.  They contributed their ideas and help in the decorations.  If this was a Democratic First Lady I have to wonder if instead of criticism there would have been praise from the Amen Corner here?

Unfortunately,  they blew it. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

They did?  Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In my opinion a Picasso painting is a piece of junk that a four year old could do better, but in the art world they are worth a fortune.  To you and many here, the Christmas decorations are junk, but to others it is superb decorating.

There's a difference - between ability to see and recognize artistic genius, skill, and accomplishment - and lack of ability to see and recognize artistic genius, skill and accomplishment - a difference that's wider than the Grand Canyon.

Some have developed the capacity to see and recognize artistic genius, skill and accomplishment - some have not.

That's why - some have kitsch on the walls of their dwellings - some have reproductions of bona fide fine art - and some - mostly trump supporters - have things like singing bass and animated santas singing "jingle bell rock"...

Billy... Take Me to The River - YouTube

Jingle bell rock dancing santa - YouTube

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 131

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

From what I've read, and I believe posted on this forum, she solicited and had the assistance of 250 decorators around the country.  They contributed their ideas and help in the decorations.  If this was a Democratic First Lady I have to wonder if instead of criticism there would have been praise from the Amen Corner here?

Unfortunately,  they blew it. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

They did?  Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In my opinion a Picasso painting is a piece of junk that a four year old could do better, but in the art world they are worth a fortune.  To you and many here, the Christmas decorations are junk, but to others it is superb decorating.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors