Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: McConnell's False Statements on Meet The Press

Message 1 of 5

Hey Chas--McConnell even looks like that proverbial rotten troll under the bridge, doesn't he??

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

McConnell is simply showing what a true RepubliCON he is.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

Although there have been times in the past (I posted about this at length on another thread a while back) when a nominee was not seated, McConnell informed Repubs that Garland was NEVER to get a hearing.  He even said that his PROUDEST MOMENT was when he told President Obama that Garland would never get a hearing.  McConnell is hateful little man.  Another swamp monster who needs to be removed ASAP.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

To prove once again that the Republican party has zero ethics as it makes up lies and no one in their own party ever calls them out.     

The Turtle lied when he refused to allow a SCOTUS nominee to be discussed and is now whining like a 2 year old when his lie was made public.     The DEMS have nothing to fear from the GOP "nuclear" threat,    2018.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

McConnell's False Statements on Meet The Press

Message 5 of 5

Discussing the SCOTUS vacancy & as an excuse for the GOP theft he orchestrated, McConnell said the following today on MTP:

• "No, the tradition had been not to confirm vacancies created in the middle of a presidential year. You'd have to go back 80 years to find the last time that happened, go back to 1880s to find the last time it happened."

According to SCOTUSblog that seems to be just another careless (I'm being kind) falsehood.

• "The historical record does not reveal any instances since at least 1900 of the president failing to nominate and/or the Senate failing to confirm a nominee in a presidential election year because of the impending election.  In that period, there were several nominations and confirmations of Justices during presidential election years."    

more including dates and names at: http://www.scotusblog.com/2016/02/supreme-court-vacancies-in-presidential-election-years/

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors