Honored Social Butterfly

McConnell admits he was wrong to say Obama didn't leave Trump a pandemic 'game plan'

McConnell admits he was wrong to say Obama didn't leave Trump a pandemic 'game plan'

WASHINGTON — Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., admitted he was wrong when he said that the Obama administration did not leave a plan for President Donald Trump on how to handle a pandemic.

"I was wrong — they did leave behind a plan. So I clearly made a mistake in that regard," McConnell said Thursday evening in an interview with Fox News' Brett Baier when asked about his initial comments.

McConnell added, "As to whether or not the plan was followed and who's the critic and all the rest, I don't have any observation about that because I don't know enough about the details of that, Brett, to comment on it in any detail."

In an interview on Monday with Trump 2020 senior adviser Lara Trump on a YouTube episode of "Team Trump Online!” McConnell said the Obama administration "did not leave to this administration any kind of game plan for something like this," referring to the coronavirus crisis.

Former Obama administration officials, however, said that they did share with the incoming Trump administration plans for handling a pandemic.

"The maddening thing is Obama left them a WH office for pandemics, a literal playbook, a cabinet-level exercise, and a global infrastructure to deal with 'something like this,'" tweeted former Obama adviser Ben Rhodes in response to McConnell's comments.

McConnell's walk back on Thursday came after Trump told reporters on his way to Pennsylvania earlier in the day that he had been given very little on pandemic preparation when he came into office.

"The Obama-Biden plan that has been referenced was insufficient, wasn't going to work," said White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany.

"Beyond that, we did a whole exercise on pandemic preparedness," she added. "In August of last year, we had an entire after-action report put together. In other words, the Obama-Biden paper pocket was superseded by President Trump-style pandemic preparedness."

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Social Butterfly

Rumor has it that Mitch later was heard muttering to himself that the only time I  was ever wrong was the time I thought I was. 

--------------------------------------

Trump thought he was wrong once but he was mistaken.

Honored Social Butterfly

Instead, Trump exercised his plan to deny any pandemic, call it a hoax and then run around the country holding rallies and playing golf at his resorts!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Bronze Conversationalist

@myexper wrote:

Instead, Trump exercised his plan to deny any pandemic, call it a hoax and then run around the country holding rallies and playing golf at his resorts!

Rumor has it that Mitch later was heard muttering to himself that the only time I  was ever wrong was the time I thought I was. 

Esteemed Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

"The Obama-Biden plan that has been referenced was insufficient, wasn't going to work," said White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany.

"Beyond that, we did a whole exercise on pandemic preparedness," she added. "In August of last year, we had an entire after-action report put together. In other words, the Obama-Biden paper pocket was superseded by President Trump-style pandemic preparedness."

🤣  I'm telling you, that McEnany sure can spin words and still keep a straight face!

Yep, looks like the "whole exercise on pandemic preparedness" didn't work out too well.  And what is "President Trump-style pandemic preparedness" exactly?  Does 'Trump-style' means with plenty of colorful pictures and Sharpies?  McEnany said it superseded the paper product which means her boss can't read, so they tried to explain to him "Trump-style"?  They use "Trump-style" with kindergarteners, don't they?

Honored Social Butterfly

So the question that begs to be asked... is Mitch McConnell off the hate list now? 

Will Mitch be ostracized and charged with blasphemy? 

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Honored Social Butterfly

absolutely NOT!! All Mitch and the former GOP did for 8 years was block everything and anything that Obama proposed. Were it not for Obama, we would not have had any recovery from the great recession period. In addition to that, Moscow Mitch did not even take up Obama's Supreme Court nominee Merrick Garland. You remember that, right? Mitch needs to go as bad or worse than Trump need to!
Honored Social Butterfly

We love Mitch 'cause libs are his **bleep**

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Like tRump beside him, Moscow Mitch was never on a "hate list". Like his Liege Lord the ToadPOTUS, Mitch is reviled for his total devotion to redistributing wealth from the middle to the very top and pushing for the removal of all restrictions on campaign donations - those being the ONLY things ol' Yertle has done while drawing a paycheck from We the People.

Honored Social Butterfly

.said White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany. "In August of last year, we had an entire after-action report put together. In other words, the Obama-Biden paper pocket was superseded by President Trump-style pandemic preparedness."

So there you have it - the total INaction and stupefying rejection of responsibility along with ignoring our intelligence services AGAIN was what ToadPOTUS calls A PLAN, which he has executed...along with 117,000 innocent Americans so far.

Honored Social Butterfly

Good rundown Cent,
Would have been more honest if mcconnell just said that he and trump are racists, bigots, and white supremists who will never give any credit to a respected African American man who was a very fine President...and will make every effort to undo anything of value that Obama accomplished...which they have, being very destructive. 

Then trump, thru his wacko press secretary, claims that Obama did not leave a good plan for dealing with virus outbreaks, and that trump’s plan from last year, was far superior...duh, sure looks like trump’s plan was a lie and pure crappola...just look at the results, all around us!...Obama’s plan had to be better, couldn’t have been worse. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png