Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly

Re: Mayor Bloomberg to Enter Democratic Race

Message 1 of 22

Bloomberg Offers Trump Ten Billion Dollars to Leave White House by End of Day

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—The former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg upended the 2020 Presidential race on Friday by offering Donald J. Trump ten billion dollars to leave the White House by the end of the day.

“I will deposit ten billion dollars into your account in Moscow, Riyadh, or wherever you do your banking these days,” Bloomberg announced. “All you have to do is go.”

In addition to the ten-billion-dollar offer, Bloomberg told Trump that he would cover the moving expenses of Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner, Kellyanne Conway, and any other associates “that you haven’t already gotten rid of.”

On Capitol Hill, congressional Democrats expressed sadness that Bloomberg’s offer, if successful, would eliminate the need for impeachment, which many of them had been looking forward to.

But Representative Adam Schiff of California struck a more philosophical note. “If ten billion dollars gets rid of Donald Trump, that’s a quid pro quo I’m okay with,” he said.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 22

Well, I just spoke with a Democrat from Florida, originally from the NYC area. She said she is sticking with her first choice - Kamala Harris.

But, she added near the end of the conversation that if she doesn't vote for Kamala, she'll vote for Bloomberg. She's angry Trump called him "Little Mikey". 

Another Democrat who lives in NYC might vote for Bloomberg. 

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 22

@gordyfl wrote:

Joe Biden Has a Michael Bloomberg Problem, Democratic Strategists Say

The candidacy of former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg for president has the ability to pose a significant threat to one of the current Democratic frontrunners.

That person is Joe Biden, several Democratic strategists told Newsweek.

One of the reasons, the strategists explained, was because of Bloomberg's billionaire status, which lends him the ability to self-fund his campaign. But more importantly, both of the 70-something-year-old white men draw from the same electorate: moderate voters.

The strategists also said a Bloomberg candidacy has the likelihood to ignite the liberal base of the party and prompt more support for those such as Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and Bernie Sanders (I-VT).

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-has-michael-bloomberg-problem-democratic-strategists-say-1470750

My own thoughts:

• He could take votes away from lower tier candidates like Amy Klobuchar, Pete Buttigieg, Kamala Harris.
  • He could do very well in the New York Primary. I'm talking NYC. That could definitely hurt Biden and other lower tier candidates. It might even hurt Elizabeth Warren (a little bit).
  • He won't take votes away from Bernie Sanders. His supporters are rock-solid.
  • He might go into the Democratic Convention with some Delegates in his pocket. He could use those Delgates by giving to a Centrist Democrat - like Joe Biden.
  • Anti-Trumpers might find Bloomberg appealing. That would include some Hillary 2016 supporters.
  • Or he could bomb out and waste his money.

Bloomberg Attacks Trump at Democratic Convention 2016...

All good points, Gordy.....all but the one....

The Repubs must be laughing that the Dems are running cared.....no solid candidate to rally behind and bench-warmer bloomy steps up.  Relax folks.....rump will be impeached, the GOP cowards will smile and say, "he's not a Boy Scout" but he's staying, yes they are gutless and Marianne Williamson will get plenty of nods between now and Nov.  But she won't get the nomination either....just write-ins.  It's a sad state of existence when rump is the best the GOP has.....think about it.  He hasn't done a darn thing in over a year.....another fake tax cut?  LMAO.....another shut down government where a GOP'r falsely claims he didn't have any family impacted by the shut-down.  This is the life the Republican party has offered....lies, bullying and ignorance.  Yeah TEAM!  Go GOP!!!  Just like slimy rump whining on The View about just how difficult they have it........William, hand out the barf bags please...Junior is whining about the "outrage"....what a hypocrit!!!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 22

Joe Biden Has a Michael Bloomberg Problem, Democratic Strategists Say

The candidacy of former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg for president has the ability to pose a significant threat to one of the current Democratic frontrunners.

That person is Joe Biden, several Democratic strategists told Newsweek.

One of the reasons, the strategists explained, was because of Bloomberg's billionaire status, which lends him the ability to self-fund his campaign. But more importantly, both of the 70-something-year-old white men draw from the same electorate: moderate voters.

The strategists also said a Bloomberg candidacy has the likelihood to ignite the liberal base of the party and prompt more support for those such as Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and Bernie Sanders (I-VT).

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-has-michael-bloomberg-problem-democratic-strategists-say-1470750

My own thoughts:

• He could take votes away from lower tier candidates like Amy Klobuchar, Pete Buttigieg, Kamala Harris.
  • He could do very well in the New York Primary. I'm talking NYC. That could definitely hurt Biden and other lower tier candidates. It might even hurt Elizabeth Warren (a little bit).
  • He won't take votes away from Bernie Sanders. His supporters are rock-solid.
  • He might go into the Democratic Convention with some Delegates in his pocket. He could use those Delgates by giving to a Centrist Democrat - like Joe Biden.
  • Anti-Trumpers might find Bloomberg appealing. That would include some Hillary 2016 supporters.
  • Or he could bomb out and waste his money.

Bloomberg Attacks Trump at Democratic Convention 2016...

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 22

@gordyfl wrote:

Our Intel put out the fact that they used Jill Stein so go tell them that the Russians did not do it. The fact is they did it period....

The Intel "said" it. In a court of law that is what's known as "hearsay".

Lawyer: "I object, Your Honor! That's hearsay!"

Judge: "Sustained".

Americans are more acceptable to hearsay than other countries.

With the weapons of mass destruction" claims by our government, the U.N. needed to see "evidence". That's why Colin Powell showed the aluminum tubes, photographs, the vial, etc. It turns out those so-called facts were false.

Wikileaks made public the DNC emails. That was "evidence".

Donna Brazille said her emails were "doctored". That's "hearsay" since she didn't back up her claim.

People from the general public were able to prove her emails were not doctored using a DKIM. That's evidence. The evidence was strong. She was fired from CNN. That's how it works -- evidence versus hearsay.

I was glad when Congress presented "evidence" of Russians meddling in our elections by showing us some memes. 

Here are more Russian memes that were posted on Facebook....

clickbait12.jpg

clickbait4.jpg

clickbait31.png

clickbait8.jpg

You sound like the Trump enablers when they defend what Trump has done. It happened, and the Russians did it, and they new every vote for Jill could be a vote taken from Hillary. The Russian new that if they did it with Gary there would be a better chance the vote would be taken from Trump. That is why they used Jill. Did she know about it could be a question to talk about it. My guess is she did just all the others running did. Trump supplied the Russians with campaign polling info which could have been the base of their planing. Accept facts and move on. It has been done in our elections for years just not by a foreign powers. Thank Trump for what Russia did by getting him out of office.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 22

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Related image

Last night, Judge Judy, Judy Sheindlin (I thought her last name was Blum, but what do I know....?) STRONGLY endorsed Michael Bloomberg for President!!!

‘Real Time With Bill Maher’: Judge Judy Courts Voters For Michael Bloomberg 

Not so sure that I trust him.

"The only thing that man learns from history is that man learns nothing from history."
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 22

Related image

Last night, Judge Judy, Judy Sheindlin (I thought her last name was Blum, but what do I know....?) STRONGLY endorsed Michael Bloomberg for President!!!

‘Real Time With Bill Maher’: Judge Judy Courts Voters For Michael Bloomberg 

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 22

Our Intel put out the fact that they used Jill Stein so go tell them that the Russians did not do it. The fact is they did it period....

The Intel "said" it. In a court of law that is what's known as "hearsay".

Lawyer: "I object, Your Honor! That's hearsay!"

Judge: "Sustained".

Americans are more acceptable to hearsay than other countries.

With the weapons of mass destruction" claims by our government, the U.N. needed to see "evidence". That's why Colin Powell showed the aluminum tubes, photographs, the vial, etc. It turns out those so-called facts were false.

Wikileaks made public the DNC emails. That was "evidence".

Donna Brazille said her emails were "doctored". That's "hearsay" since she didn't back up her claim.

People from the general public were able to prove her emails were not doctored using a DKIM. That's evidence. The evidence was strong. She was fired from CNN. That's how it works -- evidence versus hearsay.

I was glad when Congress presented "evidence" of Russians meddling in our elections by showing us some memes. 

Here are more Russian memes that were posted on Facebook....

clickbait12.jpg

clickbait4.jpg

clickbait31.png

clickbait8.jpg

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 22

@gordyfl wrote:

They put out material geared toward Bernie Dem's that Jill would be the best choice for them. It came from the Russian Troll farm. They put out other material saying how her views were close to Bernie.

A couple of years ago Congress released the memes that they said came from Russia. I saved a few dozen of them and filed them under "clickbait" because that is what they looked like to me.

I checked my file and found a couple about Bernie, several pro-Trump, several anti-Clinton, several neutral and none about Jill Stein. I'm not saying they didn't exist. There were none on my "click bait" file. I wasn't sure if one of the three Bernie memes was for or against Bernie. It was a cartoon of him wearing a speedo.

Maybe some Russians did post a comparison between Bernie and Jill Stein. I think most supporters were well aware of the similarities of the two candidates.

Here's an online ad put out by Jill Stein...

jill vs hillary trump.jpg

And Jill Stein did not cost Hillary the election....

jill election results johnson.jpg

I'm glad Congress provided the memes so we were able to see with our own eyes what they were talking about and not just "trust us". It's good to see proof, or at least evidence. But even when we see evidence from our intelligence community, we should still be at least somewhat skeptical. Example:

Colin Powell held up an aluminum tube as proof Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destructiion in front of the U.N. Security Council. Was Colin Powell certain what he was saying was accurate?

POWELL: My colleagues, every statement I make today is backed up by sources, solid sources. These are not assertions. What we’re giving you are facts and conclusions based on solid intelligence. (Sound familiar?)

Later, regarding whether Iraq had reconstituted a nuclear weapons program, he said:

POWELL: There is no doubt in my mind.

Here are some of those other Russian memes released by Congress...

clickbait rally.jpg

clickbait2.jpg

clickbait3.jpg

clickbait17.jpg

clickbaIt22.jpg

Our Intel put out the fact that they used Jill Stein so go tell them that the Russians did not do it. The fact is they did it period. I hate to break the news to you but that might not be the case in some of the close states. No one knows how many people did not vote period due to lack of cause due to what Russia did. None of us know and we will never know. I notice you did not cover her being at the dinner in Russia. Given the make up of that dinner changed my out look on her, and she has never explained anything which she should have.  You seem to be hung up on her/ Why spend so much time trying to make her seem pure. She is history. This country is a 2 party system and none of us can change that. Vote for 3rd party is a wasted vote, and can give the election to the wrong person from what you are voting for. We have had it happen before. Bush, Clinton and Bush Gore are 2 recent examples.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 22

They put out material geared toward Bernie Dem's that Jill would be the best choice for them. It came from the Russian Troll farm. They put out other material saying how her views were close to Bernie.

A couple of years ago Congress released the memes that they said came from Russia. I saved a few dozen of them and filed them under "clickbait" because that is what they looked like to me.

I checked my file and found a couple about Bernie, several pro-Trump, several anti-Clinton, several neutral and none about Jill Stein. I'm not saying they didn't exist. There were none on my "click bait" file. I wasn't sure if one of the three Bernie memes was for or against Bernie. It was a cartoon of him wearing a speedo.

Maybe some Russians did post a comparison between Bernie and Jill Stein. I think most supporters were well aware of the similarities of the two candidates.

Here's an online ad put out by Jill Stein...

jill vs hillary trump.jpg

And Jill Stein did not cost Hillary the election....

jill election results johnson.jpg

I'm glad Congress provided the memes so we were able to see with our own eyes what they were talking about and not just "trust us". It's good to see proof, or at least evidence. But even when we see evidence from our intelligence community, we should still be at least somewhat skeptical. Example:

Colin Powell held up an aluminum tube as proof Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destructiion in front of the U.N. Security Council. Was Colin Powell certain what he was saying was accurate?

POWELL: My colleagues, every statement I make today is backed up by sources, solid sources. These are not assertions. What we’re giving you are facts and conclusions based on solid intelligence. (Sound familiar?)

Later, regarding whether Iraq had reconstituted a nuclear weapons program, he said:

POWELL: There is no doubt in my mind.

Here are some of those other Russian memes released by Congress...

clickbait rally.jpg

clickbait2.jpg

clickbait3.jpg

clickbait17.jpg

clickbaIt22.jpg

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors