From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Maxine's Thinking

Message 1 of 36

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

You cannot request asylum from OUTSIDE the US.

And you cannot request asylum once you have entered the country illegally unless at the border.  Especially if the illegal is in New York City or any point away from the border.

Why the continual emphasis on race?  In my opinion continually bringing up race is a form of bias in itself.  Besides those attempting to enter the country illegally have different skin colors and nationalities. 

Yes, you can.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 36

I am sure that is not that difficult to quantify the amount of people that have crossed the border that will not qualify for asylum 
Therefore why haven't we returned them to their country of origin?

Do they have to go now thru the known round robin situation of an immigration court? how many of them will  be there because of the amount of judges that we don't have to deal with these courts. and how many attorneys will file delays on many of these individuals.

Well? all of that could be avoided if    we had a decent Immigration law that could well deal with this issue of deportation. 
The delays regarding this issue in  many ways are really criminal, Return the ones that don'w qualify ASAP to their country and then deal with the real asylum seekers.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 36

scout - For decades we had a perfectly reasonable way of dealing with this, but lil donny's base demands he harm poor brown people whenever possible, so that humane method was abandoned and replaced with Trump ripping infants from their mother's arms and then deporting the mother.

rk - as to "ripping infants from their mother's arms" - think about it. Why would anyone want to do that? Are we looking for more children to take care of?

March 4, 2019

ICE officers have released 12 of the infants that were being held at a rural Texas detention center, where immigrant advocates claim they dealt with dirty water, limited baby food and a lack of medical care. The release comes just days after immigration advocates called on the Department of Homeland Security to "intervene immediately."

....In an email Monday, ICE said there were 16 infants younger than a year old held at the South Texas Family Residential Center in Dilley, Texas as of Friday, March 1. The status of the remaining four babies is unclear.

...."It's very disturbing and ludicrous that ICE is saying we have to make an assessment as to whether a five-month-old is a danger or flight risk," Shepherd told CBS News.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/immigrant-children-detained-12-babies-released-from-ice-custody-detenti...

You got "alternative facts" on this? Let's hear 'em.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 36

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

I never believed for an instant that God approved of and established Hitler, Mussolini, Pol Pot, Stalin and others of that sort.

You have indicated many times that you didn't even believe in God.

Nope - that's not true - never was true.

I have never said, posted, or written anything to indicate any form of personal Atheism.

As an agnostic - I'm fully aware that it is NOT POSSIBLE TO KNOW which religion and which god in reality is unquestionably the correct one.

I have pointed out that while you believe you're correct - you can't irrefutably prove you're correct - and that I have accepted that It's not possible for the limited and inadequate human intellect to know for sure which god and which religion is actually the correct one.

While I don't know for sure - I strongly suspect that god - whatever one calls him/her - is the source and origin of all religions - both previously existing and currently existing - and that the deity really doesn't care what name is used or what form of worship is employed - or whether any form of worship is employed...

Have a - whatchamacallit...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 36

@williamb39198 wrote:

Racism is not controlled by God. It comes from men and women who are prejudiced and closed minded. They use their free will to be racist. And color?...

it is certainly a part of racism, which cannot be denied when racism is seen in action. 

And there it is. Since the left sees everything through their prism of race, anything and everything can be "racist" if it furthers their agenda. Smollett understood that.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 36

@williamb39198 wrote:

Alfred, we need to speak out against racism, at every opportunity and specify those who promote racism. 

If we wish to discourage illegal entry, why does the trump administration inhibit those seeking asylum to legally come into the US to register, which is their legal right to do...who’s really ignoring the law?

Never Forget 

True - and weaponizing racism as no more than one more partisan tool does nothing for the needs you expressed. It is such politicizing that led Smollett to think he could get benefit from claiming a racist attack.

A clarification. I do not believe it is their tight to enter so as to apply. But it is legal to apply once here.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 36

@Panjandrum wrote:

NOTHAPPENING:   I thought Democrats hate Jews?

If you don't already know that's ludicrous, I'm telling you now.....that's ludicrous.Check party affiliation.

Senate
(8 Democrats, 1 Independent)
House
(25 Democrats, 2 Republican)

David Cicilline (D-RI)
Stephen Cohen (D-TN)
Susan Davis (D-CA)
Ted Deutch (D-FL)
Eliot Engel (D-NY)
Lois Frankel (D-FL)
Josh Gottheimer (D-NJ)
David Kutsoff (R-TN)
Andy Levin (D-MI)*
Mike Levin (D-CA)*
Alan Lowenthal (D-CA)
Nita Lowey (D-NY)
Elaine Luria (D-VA)*
Jerrold Nadler (D-NY)
Dean Phillips (D-MI)*
Jamie Raskin (D-MD)
Max Rose (D-NY)*
Jan Schakowsky (D-IL)
Adam Schiff (D-CA)
Kim Schrier (D-WA)*
Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL)
Brad Sherman (D-CA)
Brad Schneider (D-IL)
Elissa Slotkin (D-MI)*
Susan Wild (D-PA)*
John Yarmuth (D-KY)
Lee Zeldin (R-NY)

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jewish-members-of-the-115th-congress

How about the "youngsters" who just joined the Democrat house??????? The party of HATE (D) is gaining in that department.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 36

@rk9152 wrote:

I have not seen stats on how people who enter illegally and then disappear into the nation are gainfully employed. Do you have it or - just another of "those" facts.

Some day I will have to teach people how to use an internet search engine.  Here is one article on the number of illegal aliens employed in America. Some of these were employed at a Trump golf course which was a masterful piece of incompetence when that is your primary campaign promise. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/11/us/undocumented-immigrant-workers.html

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 36

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

The attitude is perfectly understandable.

The refugee is seeking asylum and wants to become a good American

The Trump Staffer is seeking to redistribute income from the middle class to the very top and gets rich by taking, not making.

@Olderscout66 wrote:

The attitude is perfectly understandable.

The refugee is seeking asylum and wants to become a good American

The Trump Staffer is seeking to redistribute income from the middle class to the very top and gets rich by taking, not making.

NO NO and NO. Scout. I couldn't cdarfe less that an illegal individual wanst to b become a good American. your post is not correct and is actually wrong/
This country has laws, and all laws need to be respected.  Are you now telling   us that is all right to break the laws as long as you think they are OK? You critcize Trump ;for not abiding by the rule of Law and now you are doing the same? And that is not the way to portray a person seeking asylum  either. please!!!!!!!!!!

You cannot request asylum from OUTSIDE the US. For decades we had a perfectly reasonable way of dealing with this, but lil donny's base demands he harm poor brown people whenever possible, so that humane method was abandoned and replaced with Trump ripping infants from their mother's arms and then deporting the mother. As for illegals, virtually all of them have jobs and obey the law - except for the misdemeanor concerning their status.

You got "alternative facts" on this? Let's hear 'em.

No one is looking to harm "poor brown people". That is your bumper sticker. In reality an effort is being made to stem the tide of people illegally entering our nation.

as to "ripping infants from their mother's arms" - think about it. Why would anyone want to do that? Are we looking for more children to take care of?

I have not seen stats on how people who enter illegally and then disappear into the nation are gainfully employed. Do you have it or - just another of "those" facts.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 36

Racism is not controlled by God. It comes from men and women who are prejudiced and closed minded. They use their free will to be racist. And color?...

it is certainly a part of racism, which cannot be denied when racism is seen in action. 

Never Forget

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors