Esteemed Social Butterfly

Massive Turnout In Virginia For Early Voting

Virginia started early voting today and extends through October 31.  CNN was reporting from Fairfax, VA and the lines are incredible!  Fairfax is a blue county and obviously these people already have their minds made up.

I applied for an absentee/mail ballot in VA and it was issued today.  I, too, already have my mind made up. 😊

Here's a good one.  IMPOOPUS tweeted about early voting in Virginia and said he would be coming to the state for a big rally to be announced soon. 🤣

He actually said, "...I’m playing for your guns, and I’m playing for your values".  He's "playing"?!  What's that even mean?  Too funny. 😂

IMPOOPUS has never come to VA to campaign, much less a rally -- not in 2016 and he won't now.  He is not even running any ads here.  Nowhere in VA would he be allowed to gather a crowd, not even some abandoned airstrip in southwestern VA.

Social Butterfly

Trump must have had the crack pipe out again.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Great news!  I feel much better with election results (even if they don't go my way) if many people actually vote. 

Regular Social Butterfly

Illinois started nagging me to get a mail in ballot.  On 7/15/20, they emailed me saying I can apply for a mail in ballot, so I figured I would in mid October.  Yesterday, I received a USPS letter from the Secretary of State (Oh, Oh, DMV!) asking me to apply.  So, to avoid further nagging at the taxpayer's expense, I applied today.

My point is that a "massive turnout for early voting" is not necessarily a sign of voter enthusiasm.

You are getting sleepy.

@aruzinsky wrote:

My point is that a "massive turnout for early voting" is not necessarily a sign of voter enthusiasm.

So just standing for hours waiting to vote is not a sign of voter enthusiasm?  So they were just out for a stroll and had nothing better to do on a Friday?  Interesting analysis, but sort of stretching the plausibility.

It's like the gentleman said in the news clip that if he had to be there all day, he was going to make sure he got his vote in.  He sounded pretty enthusiastic to me.

Voters were social distancing and wearing masks.  Gee, I wonder who they are voting for? 😃

Honored Social Butterfly

@aruzinsky wrote:

Illinois started nagging me to get a mail in ballot.  On 7/15/20, they emailed me saying I can apply for a mail in ballot, so I figured I would in mid October.  Yesterday, I received a USPS letter from the Secretary of State (Oh, Oh, DMV!) asking me to apply.  So, to avoid further nagging at the taxpayer's expense, I applied today.

Well, it is certainly a sign of enthusiasm among the "massive" numbers of voters who stood in long lines in the Virginia sun to vote.  

Regular Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

Well, it is certainly a sign of enthusiasm among the "massive" numbers of voters who stood in long lines in the Virginia sun to vote.  

I suppose you are correct but I have never been in a long line to vote nor have I ever been enthusiastic about being in a long line, so I wouldn't know.

You are getting sleepy.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@aruzinsky wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

I suppose you are correct but I have never been in a long line to vote nor have I ever been enthusiastic about being in a long line, so I wouldn't know.

Well, talk to your average voter who is fed up with Trump and you will see what enthusiasm to vote looks like.  Most of them (us?) would crawl over broken glass to get rid of him and protect our beloved nation. Looks like these folks are pretty enthusiastic too. Probably not a good sign for Trump. 

Regular Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

Well, talk to your average voter who is fed up with Trump and you will see what enthusiasm to vote looks like.  Most of them (us?) would crawl over broken glass to get rid of him and protect our beloved nation. Looks like these folks are pretty enthusiastic too. Probably not a good sign for Trump. 

Fanatics.

You are getting sleepy.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@aruzinsky wrote:Well, talk to your average voter who is fed up with Trump and you will see what enthusiasm to vote looks like.  Most of them (us?) would crawl over broken glass to get rid of him and protect our beloved nation. Looks like these folks are pretty enthusiastic too. Probably not a good sign for Trump. 

Fanatics.

About removing Trump?  Oh, definitely.  Also called enthusiasm sometimes. 

Honored Social Butterfly

but it can be.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

not a good sign for Trump and cult! Go Virginia!
Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch wrote:

Virginia started early voting today and extends through October 31.  CNN was reporting from Fairfax, VA and the lines are incredible!  Fairfax is a blue county and obviously these people already have their minds made up.

I applied for an absentee/mail ballot in VA and it was issued today.  I, too, already have my mind made up. 😊

Good for you MsStretch !   tRump and the GOP will try to suppress voting and to make enough mail in ballots late to win (rig) the election, it's the only way they can win.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png