Honored Social Butterfly

Maskless Nancy Pelosi Goes to San Francisco Hair Salon Despite Coronavirus Restrictions

Maskless Nancy Pelosi Goes to San Francisco Hair Salon Despite Coronavirus Restrictions

Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 6.50.39 PM.png

BY:  Hannah Bleau

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) visited a San Francisco hair salon for a wash and blowout despite local coronavirus restrictions — a move the salon owner called a “slap in the face.”

Fox News obtained security footage showing the maskless Speaker walking through San Francisco’s eSalon on Monday, August 31. Salons throughout the city have been shut down for months but were permitted to offer outdoor services, beginning Tuesday, September 1.

The salon owner Erica Kious told Fox News that she learned of the Speaker’s visit after one of the stylists, who rents a chair from the salon, informed her of the Speaker’s appointment the day prior. Kious described Pelosi’s action as a “slap in the face.”

According to Fox News:

“I was like, are you kidding me right now? Do I let this happen? What do I do?” Kious told Fox News, while noting that she “can’t control” what her stylists do if they rent chairs from her, as “they’re not paying” at this time.

“It was a slap in the face that she went in, you know, that she feels that she can just go and get her stuff done while no one else can go in, and I can’t work,” Kious told Fox News, adding that she “can’t believe” the Speaker didn’t have a mask on. (From the footage, it appears Pelosi had some kind of covering around her neck.)

Pelosi reportedly got a wash and blowout, the latter of which Kious noted is a no-go, according to coronavirus safety guidelines for hair salons. A directive from the city’s department of health states that salons and barbershops should “consider temporarily eliminating services that require lengthy blow-drying” — one of the primary services Pelosi reportedly enjoyed.

Kious, a single mom, stated that she has been “fighting for six months for a business that took me 12 years to build to reopen.” She originally planned to reopen the salon in July, taking the necessary safety precautions to adhere to local and statewide restrictions. However, she said, “they never let us open.”

“The fact that they did this, and she came in, it’s like a slap in the face,” she said of Pelosi’s self-care escapade.

“This is for everybody,” she told Fox News. “I am sharing this because of what everyone in my industry, and my city, what every small business is going through right now.”

Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill did not deny the Speaker’s presence at the salon, telling Fox News, “The Speaker always wears a mask and complies with local COVID requirements.”

However, Pelosi was reportedly not wearing a proper face-covering, per the security footage, and she was inside the salon — another violation. Certain personal care services are permitted only to offer outdoor services beginning September 1.

Last week’s press release detailing the update for personal care services in the city reads in part:

Mayor London N. Breed and Dr. Grant Colfax, Director of Public Health, today announced that outdoor personal services will resume in San Francisco, effective Tuesday, September 1, 2020. Outdoor gyms and fitness centers can reopen starting September 9, 2020. Additionally, the Mayor and Dr. Colfax announced that once San Francisco is removed from the State’s watch list, the City’s top priorities for reopening will be the gradual opening of classrooms, services that support the development of children, and other activities that can occur outdoors.

Outdoor personal services that can operate include haircuts, barber services, massages and nail services. Only those services where both clients and providers can be masked at all times are allowed to resume. The City has posted information and guidance in multiple languages for businesses and is conducting outreach to personal services businesses to ensure they have access to the guidance and are able to prepare accordingly.

Pelosi told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos in June that a nationwide mask mandate was “definitely long overdue” and chastised the president for not wearing one himself.

“The president should be an example. Real men wear masks. Be an example to the country and wear the mask. It’s not about protecting yourself; it’s about protecting others,” she said.

On Monday, the same day she ventured to the salon, the Speaker criticized President Trump for giving an in-person speech at the White House on the final night of the Republican National Convention, concluding that he “doesn’t care less about the spread of this virus” by “bringing all those people there, no mask, no distancing, and the rest.”

She added that he “slapped science right in the face” and set a bad example.

VIMTSTL
Honored Social Butterfly

I guess if you are trying to defend the Trump administration, you take whatever is as close to good news for you that you can get. 

Honored Social Butterfly

What we can draw from this thread is how pitiful this is, if trump supporters consider this to have any substance or value...

to say that they are reaching would be an understatement!

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

nancyhair.jpg

You are getting sleepy.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Pelosi.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

It's so funny to see the radical right reaching for straws to distract from tRump's lunacy, idiocy and corruption.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Social Butterfly

Right, lets spit Nancys hairs over 4 years with a mop on a man full of lies.

Hardly equatable, since Pelosi is not running for re-election

Social Butterfly

But she is not running for president, Mr. Conduct unbecoming is.

Honored Social Butterfly

If Pelosi was set up as she whines, then she is not very smart.  She should recognize a set up.  I think she was just using her power to get her "do" done.

Maybe she needs to put her big girl depends on and admit she knew what she was doing.....unless she was drunk as has been suggested by at least one.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Speaker Pelosi calls salon visit a ‘setup,’ refuses to apologize.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi declined to apologize Wednesday for her controversial visit to a San Francisco hair salon, calling it “a setup” and suggesting that she had been tricked by the business owner.

Pelosi said she took responsibility for falling for the “setup” to have her hair done inside at a San Francisco salon on Monday, which is prohibited by the city’s regulations.

The San Francisco Democrat said if anyone was owed an apology, it was her by the salon.

“I think that this salon owes me an apology, for setting me up,” she said at an event about school reopenings in San Francisco’s Noe Valley.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Speaker-Pelosi-calls-salon-visit-a-set-up-15538247.php

Honored Social Butterfly

I hope there's more. I wonder if she was drunk while getting her hair done.

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Oh yeah, it's typical for the lyin, hypocritic dems.  Do as i say, not as i do. 

Also typical, the denial of the truth, twisting the facts or better yet...just ignoring them and addressing something that has nothing to do with the issue.  Pathetic.

dumb people that keep voting them in dec 2019.jpg

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
Honored Social Butterfly

Is anyone surprised by this? 

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Is anyone surprised by this? 

The owner has no control over her salon or the stylists making an appointment to use it?  That is surprising.  I'm not surprised Nancy didn't wear a mask during the washing of her hair though.  There ARE times when it's permissible to not wear one.  Why don't we get to see her entering or leaving the salon with her clean DRY mask in place?

I was REALLY surprised when rumptured ignored DC's covid guidlines, no more than 50 people & all 6 feet apart, wear masks.  There were 1200 (many elderly) packed together like sardines, sans masks!  That amount of disrespect for citizens good health was repugnant.  Nancy got her hair done.  She did not purposefully risk anyone's life by inviting them to admire her and her hair as rump did.  He seemed to really enjoy himself on his, special night.  Anyone know how many of his guests became infected, found themselves hospitalized?    

Honored Social Butterfly

jimc91:   House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) visited a San Francisco hair salon for a wash and blowout despite local coronavirus restrictions — a move the salon owner called a “slap in the face.”

If Trump really is the "Law & Order" President, he'll get AG Barr on this right away. The audacity of the woman is just shocking I tell you.  😂😂😂

Honored Social Butterfly

The salon was open by appointment only, only ONE customer at a time.

The owner sold the video to Worship tRump who only does things for money

May his customer base shrink to match his morals.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Panjandrum wrote:

jimc91:   House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) visited a San Francisco hair salon for a wash and blowout despite local coronavirus restrictions — a move the salon owner called a “slap in the face.”

If Trump really is the "Law & Order" President, he'll get AG Barr on this right away. The audacity of the woman is just shocking I tell you.  😂😂😂

Indeed ... But I'm not sure Trump can use his personal attorney on this.

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

The salon owner Erica Kious told Fox News that she learned of the Speaker’s visit after one of the stylists, who rents a chair from the salon, informed her of the Speaker’s appointment the day prior. Kious described Pelosi’s action as a “slap in the face.”

According to Fox News:

“I was like, are you kidding me right now? Do I let this happen? What do I do?” Kious told Fox News, while noting that she “can’t control” what her stylists do if they rent chairs from her, as “they’re not paying” at this time.

“It was a slap in the face that she went in, you know, that she feels that she can just go and get her stuff done while no one else can go in, and I can’t work,” Kious told Fox News, adding that she “can’t believe” the Speaker didn’t have a mask on. (From the footage, it appears Pelosi had some kind of covering around her neck.)

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

And yet we have a President host a RNC mostly maskless, on the south lawn of the White House.

How crowded was the salon.

This post is menutia.

Honored Social Butterfly

@PhilipT605548 Wrote:

How crowded was the salon.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The point of this thread is the salon is supposed to be closed...  Pelosi Hypocrisy.

VIMTSTL
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png