Join Dr. Catherine Alicia Georges and Amy Goyer at 10:15 a.m. ET Wednesday for an AARP telephone town hall on family caregiving issues. Register here.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Marijuana Law Was Review In August 2016

Message 1 of 1

The Marijuana law as to the drug classification was reviewed last August with no changes except promoting more research into it's benefits, if any, nothing had been proven as of that date.  Does this even need to be proven if people want to use it, medically or recreationally?  

NPR 08/20/2016 - DEA Rejects Attempt To Loosen Federal Restrictions On Marijuana

"Marijuana is considered a Schedule I drug under the Controlled Substances Act, alongside heroin and LSD, . . . . "

So much for laws, based on science, when a bunch of people want to use it, medically or recreationally.  

Maybe, in the eyes of the FDA and the DEA, this will change but what happens if they don't actually prove it has medical benefit or that it is not recreationally as dangerous as the other drugs in its same class.

This isn't the kind of thing for which a waiver can be applied especially for recreational use.   So as of this time, millions are breaking a federal law using it, recreationally or medically.  

Want to go the way of Portugal and get rid of the DEA. ??  My body, my choice, right?

Wonder how many other laws we might be able to override by shear numbers?

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion: