Honored Social Butterfly

Mapping the spread of the coronavirus in the U.S. and worldwide

Mapping the spread of the coronavirus in the
U.S. and worldwide

.With their far-reaching and Pulitzer Prize-winning resources, the Washington Post is keeping a database of the number of confirmed coronavirus cases and deaths from the virus.  This way Conservatives can finally accurately track their leaders ability to contain the spread of the virus and mitigate the number of deaths (of which there were already over 108.

The number of reported cases of covid-19 continues to rise in the United States, where testing was slow to begin. The disease, caused by a new coronavirus, has been confirmed in every state.

Confirmed cases 7,323

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

The best site for actual information about Covi-19 spread is via John Hopkins:   https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6   

For those that want disinformation and lies, check out the far right sites ( donald's favorites) that are full of bs.  they  are pushing donald's gaslight message etc.     People who go down that road may be blind (unable to read) or just plain stupid.    Try looking up the history using Wikipedia.  

donald et al continue to spew nonsense, meanwhile the John Hopkins group has data going back to 1 Jan 2020

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Mapping the spread of the coronavirus in the U.S. and worldwide

We should assume the numbers we see each day represent 14% of the actual cases.

Honored Social Butterfly

Until test kits are available to all professionals who are actually qualified to perform the testing,  I will remain a pessimist.    If a state wants to keep their numbers low:   then keep the availability of test kits low.    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/18/us/coronavirus-florida-desantis.html

Magically the State of TX just reported that it could double the number of test kits available.   Expect the numbers to increase as testing becomes considered a good thing in all States.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

@afisher wrote:

Until test kits are available to all professionals who are actually qualified to perform the testing,  I will remain a pessimist.    If a state wants to keep their numbers low:   then keep the availability of test kits low.    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/18/us/coronavirus-florida-desantis.html

Magically the State of TX just reported that it could double the number of test kits available.   Expect the numbers to increase as testing becomes considered a good thing in all States.  

Yep,  the limited availability of test kits and the requirements that have to be met for a person to qualify for testing have skewed the numbers showing how many people are infected with this virus.  The first person to test positive in my town was a prominent lawyer. He stated later that you have to fight to be tested, that he insisted on a CT scan of his lungs. The CT scan  and it's results are what qualified him to actually be tested for the virus, without the scan he would not have been tested.  His concern is that may people of a lower economic and social status simply would not have been tested and counted in the number of people with the Covid-19 virus.  I think he is right. WE need millions of test kits available and the criteria for who is tested needs to be expanded to cover many more people.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Esteemed Social Butterfly

To date the numbers are:103,945 Covid-19 tests given.

Of those 11,723 were infected.

89,197 not infected

3,025 are awaiting results

And 160 are dead

Want more, my eyes say It ain't happening from me. 

Article in today's zdnet.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/tracking-the-real-us-coronavirus-testing-numbers-with-open-source/?fta...

Give it a look really , be happy for open source it's the only help courtesy of Trump bs.

edit- make that yesterday's zdnet, not supposed to use computer more than an hour per day. Eyes are unhappy, have sine waves dancing across the screen.🤬

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

@Frozenoem wrote:

To date the numbers are:103,945 Covid-19 tests given.

Of those 11,723 were infected.

89,197 not infected

3,025 are awaiting results

And 160 are dead

Want more, my eyes say It ain't happening from me. 

Article in today's zdnet.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/tracking-the-real-us-coronavirus-testing-numbers-with-open-source/?fta...

Give it a look really , be happy for open source it's the only help courtesy of Trump bs.

edit- make that yesterday's zdnet, not supposed to use computer more than an hour per day. Eyes are unhappy, have sine waves dancing across the screen.🤬

Froze

Looks like (11,723/103,945=) 11.3% of the population MIGHT be infected - hopefully lower, as testing is concentrated in Urban areas and simple separation out here in the boonies SHOULD lower the infection rate... EXCEPT for the fact ToadPOTUS lied about the danger for 63 days, and GOPerGovs and Mayors were slow to ignore tRumps LIES so large gatherings continued, like Mardi Gras and Spring Break were allowed to happen. 

All that "laisse le bon temp roule" may have infected enough party goers to carry the Covid19 all thru "flyover country", which is home to a lot of people who practice Toadworship at the expense of being informed.

Seems all those greedheads who were going to vote for Toad just because they liked the look of their 401k's MIGHT be wondering  if they should reconsider and NOT ignore the obvious fact he's a psychopath with the emotional and intellectual development of a 6 year-old.

The fact the confidence Toad instills in savvy investors was such that every dime of gain since Jan 2017 has been errased and the Covid19 is spreading much faster in the US than it is in countries with adult supervision in Government should also cost donny a lot of votes among indies and diehard BernieBros.

Honored Social Butterfly

https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus/ 

Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)

This is a reddit - sub reddit,  lots of useful information on it.

Trackers

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6 

John Hopkins

https://bnonews.com/index.php/2020/02/the-latest-coronavirus-cases/ 

BNO News

Honored Social Butterfly

Thanks, gruff....useful tools!

Think I'll be ignoring their numbers for awhile, not updated with sufficient frequency.

My go to's are Johns Hopkins and https://ncov2019.live/data

For more accurate numbers. 
ncov is a data scraper for feeds.and does list 147/195 countries in the world.

When you check your state numbers and their off, I tend to fall back on more accurate numbers, with one recovery.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

Good information; thank you!

What we need is a source that shows the number of tests provided AND the number of those waiting for tests that have been noted to be in the millions.

Thanks for your good information Frozenoem!!!

The only suggestion I might have as to number of test kits out, and number actually used on patients, would be checking on Individual states usage.

CDC don't run the tests only the states do, and then it's a matter of the individual hospitals in those states.

want a breadcrumb - Memorial Hermann in Houston today Wednesday ran 387. Or at least I think they did, slightly bleary eyed at this stage.

Don't ask me Which Memorial Hermann  though🤣, that came from scraping or twitter feed from them.

The CDC reported on 8 tests being conducted Wednesday period. There is a slight discrepancy between both reports.CDC only updates between the hours of 8-4 Mon- Fri, at T's request I think? Happiness in numbers for the his masses.

But, if I said what I was thinking I'd be cussing and banned. Check out John Hopkins and follow the links from there, believe I mentioned them recently somewhere on the boards.

Think I've been on phone to long vs at computer with screen I can actually see.

And 3 days pending results aren't reported.

Feeds too many to check, and hours to go before I sleep.

Or try this link 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18oVRrHj3c183mHmq3m89_163yuYltLNlOmPerQ18E8w/htmlview?sle=tru...

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

Because of tRump not planning for this and only reacting to it, we are way behind. There aren't enough test kits to rapidly identify everyone with this virus and because of this many will be infected, the numbers are starting to multiply rapidly. There is one person who tested positive to the virus in my town today and there were two more who were tested awaiting results. We knew it was coming but we aren't any more prepared than other towns are, thanks to tRump not getting test kits early.

It's in all states now and the numbers are really increasing rapidly. I urge everyone to be safe and cautious.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.

He had to remove any put in place under Obama administration like early response to pandemics.

If he hadn't killed the research by Bill Gates and pandemic response in 2017 before taking office - yeah, we'd be better off as a country and wouldn't be 12-18 months away from a possible for public release vaccine.

I know in my guit that with the first mumbling of a virus in China and Wuhan, live cultures would have been getting tested by bio research type here now, and we'd be closer to that 12 mnth testing period for finding safe vaccine for population, and wouldn't be dealing with all these BS maneuvers by the GOP and him. 

Unless your wealthy step to back of the bus on getting safe vaccine. Gotta be the right type person - rich.Billionaires first.🤬

Gotta leave before I really say what I'm thinking.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

Many appreciate your wise insight, Frozen.  Thank you.  There ARE a lot of feeds to check as you said, still MILLIONS of tests are needed....we need to protect our most vulnerable!  Or as Fox say's, see if you can hold your breath for 10 seconds.... LOL!

Thanks again....

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png