Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 31 of 46

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Many Black-Owned Businesses Shut Out Of PPP Loans - Why?

===============================================
Why make it about race?

"I'm tired of hearing about the money. I want to see the money," said one African American owner of a small business." That from the link

I am sure that many White, Asian, ...you name the race have not got their loans....not shut out because of their race.

This Ben Popken seems to be a race baiter.

Race Baiter
People on internet forums (but not limited to forums) who use racial issues to start an argument. By playing the race card and / or creating volatile race issues that really don't exist so they can increase post count or potentially draw someone into an argument in hopes of getting them banned.

Bigot:   a person that, among an array of other things, denies or minimizes incidents of racial discrimination.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 46

@KidBoy2 wrote:

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/extremely-disappointing-entirely-predictable-slowdown...

CORONAVIRUS

'Extremely disappointing' and 'entirely predictable' — slowdowns and lockouts plague second round of PPP

Part of many links that show the problems with PPP......

The latest round of funding from the Paycheck Protection Program opened up on Monday morning at 10:30 a.m. ET with a new set of rules for distribution of the additional $310 billion in funds — but a familiar-sounding set of problems.

Lockouts, login issues and sluggish systems marred the Small Business Administration's loan approval process, with each bank unable to submit more than a few hundred applications. One bank was locked out of the system after submitting just 60 loans.

The system is so limited in its current state that it will take nearly a month to get through the entire queue, one banking executive told NBC News.

The issues were "extremely disappointing" but "entirely predictable," said Neil Barofsky, former special inspector general for the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP), which had oversight for some of the corporate funding relief during the 2008 financial crisis.

===========================================================

To try to make it a race issue is asinine.

Who is making it a race issue KidBoy? Care to answer?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 46

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

Congress gave Native Americans 8 billion dollars a month ago and they haven't seen one dime of that money, now the tribes are suing in court.

Trump is up to his old games, probably wants the tribes to give him dirt on Biden,  maybe he thinks they're hiding Hillary's missing emails in a tepee.

Good news.....

A Judge Sided With Native American Tribes Challenging How The Trump Administration Is Handling Coron... 

I wonder if he'll appeal the decision.... giphy.gif

Bigotry and racism, trademarks of the trump administration, suck!!!

But of course he'll appeal it, Moscow Mitch has been busy stacking the court system for him and the corrupt Republicans. Moscow Mitch has publicly said that his first order of business after recess is appointing more judges. NO wonder McConnell is still blocking the Anti-Corruption Bill. LOL

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 46

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Why make it about race?  Because there have been plenty of articles about businesses not geting money they've applied for and a white male poster boasted his son received a loan.  So why not?  Why does it trouble you so? That may be the most pressing question....

"I'm tired of hearing about the money. I want to see the money," said one African American owner of a small business." That from the link

I am sure that many White, Asian, ...you name the race have not got their loans....not shut out because of their race. Do you know that for sure?  Do you have any facts or just guessing?  Have you ever been discriminated against because of your race?  If so, you might ask the same question....

Race Baiter
People on internet forums (but not limited to forums) who use racial issues to start an argument. By playing the race card and / or creating volatile race issues that really don't exist so they can increase post count or potentially draw someone into an argument in hopes of getting them banned.  IMO, many racists use the "race baiter" name calling when they know nothing of the individual involved; they think it resolves them of any further discussion because race is difficult for them to discuss.  I find that true in many of my Republican colleagues and a former girlfriends father who is a Dem; it's why she's my "former girlfriend.  I'm sure we don't have anyone on this forum that shouts "race baiter" like someone calling out fire in a crowded theater.  Don't you agree Kidboy?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 46

Why make it about race?

I am sure that many White, Asian, ...you name the race have not got their loans....not shut out because of their race.

Race Baiter
People on internet forums (but not limited to forums) who use racial issues to start an argument. By playing the race card and / or creating volatile race issues that really don't exist so they can increase post count or potentially draw someone into an argument in hopes of getting them banned.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 46

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Is the owner black?

If not, the posters anectdotal comment is moot.... "He's got his..." and doesn't appear to care about others....he's making money!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 46

@jimc91 wrote:

I have not seen any of the paperwork required to request the PPP loan/grant money.  Is there a field that describes the ethnicity of the company applying for the loan/grant?

The Company my son works for applied for it the day program opened and was approved and already put everybody back to work.  His company employs about 120 people and has a gross sales of around $35M per year.  I have now Idea if their application asked about the ethnicity of the ownership.

Is the owner black? 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 46

@KidBoy2 wrote:

So is suggesting it isn't a race issue without analyzing the racial disparity data.

So is ignoring or defending the trump administration and Jared calling the administration's response a "success"!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 46

I have not seen any of the paperwork required to request the PPP loan/grant money.  Is there a field that describes the ethnicity of the company applying for the loan/grant?

The Company my son works for applied for it the day program opened and was approved and already put everybody back to work.  His company employs about 120 people and has a gross sales of around $35M per year.  I have now Idea if their application asked about the ethnicity of the ownership.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 46

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/extremely-disappointing-entirely-predictable-slowdown...

CORONAVIRUS

'Extremely disappointing' and 'entirely predictable' — slowdowns and lockouts plague second round of PPP

Part of many links that show the problems with PPP......

The latest round of funding from the Paycheck Protection Program opened up on Monday morning at 10:30 a.m. ET with a new set of rules for distribution of the additional $310 billion in funds — but a familiar-sounding set of problems.

Lockouts, login issues and sluggish systems marred the Small Business Administration's loan approval process, with each bank unable to submit more than a few hundred applications. One bank was locked out of the system after submitting just 60 loans.

The system is so limited in its current state that it will take nearly a month to get through the entire queue, one banking executive told NBC News.

The issues were "extremely disappointing" but "entirely predictable," said Neil Barofsky, former special inspector general for the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP), which had oversight for some of the corporate funding relief during the 2008 financial crisis.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors