Can blue light from your phone cause vision problems? Find out and learn more about your vision in the AARP Eye Center.

Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Manafort's sentence. What an outrage!!!

Message 1 of 33

@BigLib wrote:

Unlike Ellis, the judge in New York will sentence Manafort appropriately for the crimes he committed.

It will all be for naught, though, because Manafort will be pardoned shortly after November 4, 2020. And even though Manafort is going all Golden State Killer now - acting all aged and lame and in a wheelchair - you can bet the day his chubby buddy grants him his pardon, he will be turning handsprings on his way out of the prison gate.

Anyone who can cry tears for Manafort needs to be removed from the bench, a shame it won't happen. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 33
I forgot to mention, the wheelchair touch deserved an oscar. Give me a break!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 33

Manafort's sentence. What an outrage!!!

Ain't nuthin ..... wait to see the outrage when Trump pardons him!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 33

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

@n566192l wrote:

Well I think he got off way to easy. I hope he is facing more charges. He does more time.

Judge Amy Jackson will be sentencing him for: Conspiracy Against the United States and Conspiracy to Obstruct Justice-Witness Tampering.

I don't think it's possible that on the 13th this next sentencing will again find him getting nothing more than a slap on the wrist for the many years he conducted his global criminal career.

As I said, the haters can sleep well, the SDNY will see that he spends the rest of his life in jail.

Do you honestly think that the sentence Manafort received is just for the crimes he committed?

I am not a legal expert but I think I can safely advise you to relax - you will get your wish, he will die in jail. 

I do find it unfortunate that the appropriate agencies had not enforced their laws and that it was left for Manafort's actions to be a bargaining chip in the "get Trump" game. Think of it this way - had he done what he was told to do by Mueller, he might be a free man today.

Here is a far better way to "think of it"  ..... If Manafort did not commit criminal actions, he WOULD "be a free man today"

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 33

Unlike Ellis, the judge in New York will sentence Manafort appropriately for the crimes he committed.

It will all be for naught, though, because Manafort will be pardoned shortly after November 4, 2020. And even though Manafort is going all Golden State Killer now - acting all aged and lame and in a wheelchair - you can bet the day his chubby buddy grants him his pardon, he will be turning handsprings on his way out of the prison gate.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 33

he/she/it wrote:

So a guy is sent to one of these country club prisons and upon his arrival he receives an indoctrination by the Warden who explains that it is understood that the inmates will hopefully return to be productive members of society. As a result things are done in a way to maintain as much normalcy as possible.

"For example", says the Warden, "Monday is golf day, do you prefer Full course or par 60?". The guy says par 60, the Warden checks his papers and says, "Good news, we have one on campus and I can schedule you 10am. The guy is shocked and delighted.

The the Warden says the Tuesday is tennis day, and asked if the guy preferred grass or clay. "Clay" he says. the Warden checks ho papers and says, "Great. I can put you in for 3pm".

Then the Warden really shocks the guy by saying, "Wednesday is sex day, Do you prefer heterosexual or homosexual?" The guy responds, "Heterosexual". The Warden checks his papers and says, "I think you're really gonna hate Wednesdays".

As I said, "I am not a legal expert".

However, your insights into punishment for white collar criminals, are appreciated.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 33

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

Manafort is just biding his time until his keeper (Trump) is in a position wherein he can give him a full pardon.  And if he goes to one of the country club type prisons reserved for white collar criminals,  he won't have to suffer too much while he waits.  But I'm sure Trump won't make a move on a Manafort pardon until NewYork finishes with him.  So for now it's just a wait and see.

The best part about New York prosecuting Manafort is that if Manafort is convicted and sentenced by New York - Putin's fat, lying, Operative-in-Chief has absolutely no power to pardon any conviction of a state crime - and - I'm weeping crocodile tears at a prodigious rate - New York has a Democratic governor who is highly unlikely to do anything but smirk, giggle and refuse any request that he pardon the treasonous bad haircut - sob, whimper, ROTFLMAO...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 33

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

@n566192l wrote:

Well I think he got off way to easy. I hope he is facing more charges. He does more time.

Judge Amy Jackson will be sentencing him for: Conspiracy Against the United States and Conspiracy to Obstruct Justice-Witness Tampering.

I don't think it's possible that on the 13th this next sentencing will again find him getting nothing more than a slap on the wrist for the many years he conducted his global criminal career.

As I said, the haters can sleep well, the SDNY will see that he spends the rest of his life in jail.

Do you honestly think that the sentence Manafort received is just for the crimes he committed?

I am not a legal expert but I think I can safely advise you to relax - you will get your wish, he will die in jail. 

I do find it unfortunate that the appropriate agencies had not enforced their laws and that it was left for Manafort's actions to be a bargaining chip in the "get Trump" game. Think of it this way - had he done what he was told to do by Mueller, he might be a free man today.

Look at it this way ......... you just dodged yet another simple question.

As I said, "I am not a legal expert".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 33

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

@n566192l wrote:

Look at it this way ......... you just dodged yet another simple question.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 33

@Laurie42010 wrote:

If I have read/seen/heard correctly, white collar crimes and the proper punishment is going to a "special" retention center where one can eat from salad bars, garden, watch tv, sit around play cards. 

So a guy is sent to one of these country club prisons and upon his arrival he receives an indoctrination by the Warden who explains that it is understood that the inmates will hopefully return to be productive members of society. As a result things are done in a way to maintain as much normalcy as possible.

"For example", says the Warden, "Monday is golf day, do you prefer Full course or par 60?". The guy says par 60, the Warden checks his papers and says, "Good news, we have one on campus and I can schedule you 10am. The guy is shocked and delighted.

The the Warden says the Tuesday is tennis day, and asked if the guy preferred grass or clay. "Clay" he says. the Warden checks ho papers and says, "Great. I can put you in for 3pm".

Then the Warden really shocks the guy by saying, "Wednesday is sex day, Do you prefer heterosexual or homosexual?" The guy responds, "Heterosexual". The Warden checks his papers and says, "I think you're really gonna hate Wednesdays".

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors