Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Man Dies in Police Raid on Wrong House

Message 11 of 42

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

Regardless of all the goobledygook written in this forum, an INNOCENT man was killed in his own home while trying to protect himself and his home and family from what he thought was a criminal threat.  So we can debate about what happened and what "should" have happened and what "he" did wrong and how the police always get off in these incidents.... ad infinitum.  But the bottom line is a man's days on this earth is OVER and "that" is not right and it is not fair and somebody needs to be held accountable for his death!  How can his family be made whole? How can his death be not in vain?  Justice!

Yes, he thought he was protecting his family from a criminal threat. And the police officers involved thought they were dealing with a criminal shooting at them.

It was a tragic event and it is shameful for anyone to use it to push their anti-cop agenda.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 42

Regardless of all the goobledygook written in this forum, an INNOCENT man was killed in his own home while trying to protect himself and his home and family from what he thought was a criminal threat.  So we can debate about what happened and what "should" have happened and what "he" did wrong and how the police always get off in these incidents.... ad infinitum.  But the bottom line is a man's days on this earth is OVER and "that" is not right and it is not fair and somebody needs to be held accountable for his death!  How can his family be made whole? How can his death be not in vain?  Justice!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 42

Hi all,

This thread is starting to get off-topic. While you may have different opinions, please remember to be respectful of one another as our guidelines state: This is a diverse community of people with diverse opinions. It is up to each of us to be polite and treat each other with respect.

You can read the full guidelines here: http://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Thanks and happy posting!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 42

@aruzinsky wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Image result for judge judy gif

/

Poor Judge Judy - she is used as no more than, "I don't have an answer to your point so I'll insult you".

Wrong again.  She reflects the exasperation of those who read the nonsense posted by the weak and intolerant far right wing posters.  But thanks for your concern.....  It's hilarious that one would consider it an "insult". 

Wrong again, as usual. Wrong again about what?  Or just nothing else to say????  Judge Judy reflects liberal judges legislating from the bench.  The plaintiff and defendents sign an agreement that they are aware of her legal standing and will accept her decision.  I couldn't care less what they choose to do.....it's called liberty.

She's the highest rated daytime show and daytime TV is about ratings.  I apologize that it disturbs you so. If you think most watch Judge Judy to "learn law", I can't help you.  Good luck with that.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 42

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

/

Poor Judge Judy - she is used as no more than, "I don't have an answer to your point so I'll insult you".

Wrong again.  She reflects the exasperation of those who read the nonsense posted by the weak and intolerant far right wing posters.  But thanks for your concern.....  It's hilarious that one would consider it an "insult". 

Wrong again, as usual. Judge Judy reflects liberal judges legislating from the bench.  Norm MacDonald interviewed her on his Netlfix show.  He asked her what she thought of Judge Wapner, the first Judge on People's Court.  She said that Judge Wapner was a "white haired old man" who did "everything by the book" and that, unlike him, she found "wiggle room" in the law.   I remember watching Judge Wapner and, unlike from Judge Judy, you learned law from him.

judge-wapner.jpg

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 42

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

/

Poor Judge Judy.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 42

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

/

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 42

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

/

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 42

/

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 42

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@GraysonL320504 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@GraysonL320504 wrote:

ONCE AGAIN WE GET MEANINGLESS NONSENSE THAT DOESN'T ADDRESS ANYTHING.  NOTHING NEW.

DITTO ON THIS LATEST POST

The real shame is you don't even seem to understand what context is. YOUR topic is about a man being shot by the police. The comment about civil liability was in that context. No it wasn't.  Yjere was no context.  Just an unrelated sentence.  But I couldn't careless.  

So YOUR topic is not the context of this thread.  And your comment about civil liability had NOTHING to do with this thread.  Brilliant. You were the one who brought up civil; liability even though it's OBVIOUS yopu don't understand what it is and now claim I brought it up.  Sad that you don't even understand what YOU post let alone anyone else.

Of course.  Thank you.  By the way, since one of the things you like to do is make snide remarks about typos instead of addressing anything that was said, try this.  Actually, I address most of the nonsense you post and I especially enjoy noting when you claim no references are posted when they clearly are.  But those who have no interest in listening to and hearing a different view, or are intolerant of others, are what they are........  

There is nowhere in this thread that I claimed no references aree posted.  AGAIN, sad that you don't even understand what YOU post let alone anyone else, but one more example of how you DO NOT address the topic or anything I said.

The real question is do you actually have anything that addresses your topic?  If I didn't, you wouldn't be posting your snide whine here.

But, in fact, you don't.  If you did you'd post it.  As usual, yiou (sic) try to hide the fact that you don't by making a snide remark.  Apparently you STILL don't know what a fact is...

And more apparent is you have no facts to post  because you, ONCE AGAIN, YOU CHOOSE tro post a snide remark instead of a fact.  You do realize, don't you, that is totally transparent to everyone here.

By the way your comment made me notice that you deleted the following before replying.  You like to comment on others typos but try to hide yours? 

The words you're looking for are "there" (yjere (sic) is gibberish) and "care less."  But careless certainly describes your response.  By the way, if you really "couldn't careless (sic)" you wouldn't respond.

A couple other comments regarding your comment and your topic:  Oh, you mean I did have something that addresses my topic.  LMAO.

No, I mean I have a couple other comments and I clearly stated them.  Something you seem unable to do.  Instead, Oh, but as usual, they are out of context.

But they aren't out of context because they address your topic and what you said.  As I previously said, you should LEARN THE MEANING OF CONTEXT before making a fool of yourself by making a comment about it that CLEARLY shows you don't understand it.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors