Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Man Accused Of Switchblade Assault On GOP Congressional Candidate

Message 21 of 29

@nctarheel wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@nctarheel Why don’t you and I start by moving away from attacking those with differing opinions?  I am in, how about you?

First of all, there was no attack, as you say.

I just pointed out that the rhetoric used by CANDIDATE TRUMP ratcheted up use of inappropriate and infantile name calling.

As one reviews TRUMP'S discourse throughout the campaign and, now, as PRESIDENT, one sees that the inappropriate and infantile name calling has not abated, but has gotten worse.

Most, if not all, of his targets refrain from returning the same BABYISH NAME CALLING.

But then, @jimc91, you state that we have differing opinions.

So if my opinion is that calling someone LYIN' TED, LIDDLE MARCO, WACKY OMAROSA, CROOKED HILLARY, LOW ENERGY JEB, POCAHONTAS, AND FLAKE JEFF FLAKE is not only immature and inappropriate BUT is solely meant to insult.

And then you state that we have DIFFERING OPINIONS.

That can only mean YOU DON'T believe TRUMP'S UTTERANCES are immature, inappropriate insults at all.

I will move away from challenging Donald Trump's IMMATURE, INAPPROPRIATE, AND INSULTING language on one condition.

YOU MUST ADMIT that this PRESIDENT uses IMMATURE, INAPPROPRIATE, and INSULTING language and that YOU will NEVER  defend HIS IMMATURE, INAPPROPRIATE, and INSULTING language ever again.

Then I'll be in!!

Jim can only control the behavior of Jim.

Yep I’m all in, I do not feel compelled to insult anyone with a different opinion from mine.  

I believe in personal responsibility and accountability for those that break the law.

It is not my place to judge anyone on this earth, that is reserved for my Lord.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 29

@jimc91 wrote:

@nctarheel Why don’t you and I start by moving away from attacking those with differing opinions?  I am in, how about you?

First of all, there was no attack, as you say.

I just pointed out that the rhetoric used by CANDIDATE TRUMP ratcheted up use of inappropriate and infantile name calling.

As one reviews TRUMP'S discourse throughout the campaign and, now, as PRESIDENT, one sees that the inappropriate and infantile name calling has not abated, but has gotten worse.

Most, if not all, of his targets refrain from returning the same BABYISH NAME CALLING.

But then, @jimc91, you state that we have differing opinions.

So if my opinion is that calling someone LYIN' TED, LIDDLE MARCO, WACKY OMAROSA, CROOKED HILLARY, LOW ENERGY JEB, POCAHONTAS, AND FLAKE JEFF FLAKE is not only immature and inappropriate BUT is solely meant to insult.

And then you state that we have DIFFERING OPINIONS.

That can only mean YOU DON'T believe TRUMP'S UTTERANCES are immature, inappropriate insults at all.

I will move away from challenging Donald Trump's IMMATURE, INAPPROPRIATE, AND INSULTING language on one condition.

YOU MUST ADMIT that this PRESIDENT uses IMMATURE, INAPPROPRIATE, and INSULTING language and that YOU will NEVER  defend HIS IMMATURE, INAPPROPRIATE, and INSULTING language ever again.

Then I'll be in!!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 29

Got that, jim? Attack a guy with a knife, go to a Republican baseball practice to kill as many as you can, call somebody "little Marco" - samo-samo.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 29

Peters was not injured according to the report.  That's a good thing. I don't see anything getting better until both sides curb their rhetoric.  That's not a good thing.  A never ending merry-go-round ride. 

I'm with Jim on that.  It has to stop.  

The attacker's name was Farzad Fazeli.  That name would possibly put his ethnic origin as Persian or Saudi Arabian and his religious affiliation as Muslim.  Another Farzad Fazeli is a family medicine Doctor in Dallas, Texas.

Harsh and irresponsible rhetoric commonly used by sectors of Republican Politicians toward those of that origin and religion have built up a stereotype.  That stereotype is now reinforced by Farzad Fazeli's actions, whether precipitated by Peters or not.   Farzad Fazeli could tell you with certainty whether or not that harsh rhetoric had anything to do with his mental state and his actions. All else is speculation.  

What is not speculation is an observation that harsh rhetoric has consequences.  One of them is violence.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 29

@H2Oh wrote:

This is a terrible thing to happen to anyone, and I hope the man recovers quickly. 

It shouldnt happen, I agree. The guy that was attacked is a MAGA candidate. The incumbent is an anti trump Republican that is on a CIA committee. I recomend visiting both of their websites.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 29

This is a terrible thing to happen to anyone, and I hope the man recovers quickly. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 29

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 29

@jimc91 wrote:

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/09/11/man-assaults-republican-congressional-candidate-switchb...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

Where is the tolerance and civility today? It is incumbent upon the politicians to dial down the rhetoric before someone gets killed for having a differing opinion.

And it all began with one candidate breaking with political decorum and using:

(1) LYIN' TED

(2) LITTLE MARCO

(3) LOW ENERGY JEB

(4) LOOK AT THAT FACE CARLY

(5) CRAZY JOE

(6) MOONBEAM BROWN

(7) WACKY OMAROSA

(8) LYIN' HILLARY

and, of course, leading the chant of his cult's minions.... lock her up, lock her up.

Yep, @jimc91, you've hit the nail on the head on this one. I am not going to even dispute your source.

Because everyone knows, without a shadow of a doubt............

WHO DIALED UP THE RHETORIC!!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Man Accused Of Switchblade Assault On GOP Congressional Candidate

Message 29 of 29

CASTRO VALLEY (CBS SF) – A man was arrested on suspicion of felony assault and other charges after allegedly attempting to stab a Republican congressional candidate with a switchblade over the weekend at in Castro Valley, according to the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office.

On Sunday, September 9, at approximately 3:45 p.m., deputies working at the Castro Valley Fall Festival were alerted to a possible knife attack at one of the vendor booths.

Deputies arrived at the booth and made contact with the victim, Republican candidate Rudy Peters, who is running against incumbent Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Dublin) for the 15th congressional district seat

The Castro Valley News first reported on the attack.

According to witnesses, 35-year-old Castro Valley resident Farzad Fazeli approached Peters at his booth in an aggressive manner and made disparaging, profanity-laced remarks about the Republican party and President Donald Trump.

During the incident, Fazeli allegedly pulled out a switchblade knife and attempted to stab Peters. The knife malfunctioned and the candidate became involved in a physical struggle with Fazeli, according to sheriff’s Sgt. Ray Kelly.

The suspect then fled the scene, but was detained a short time later by deputies and was found in possession of a switchblade knife, Kelly said.

Fazeli was arrested for felony assault, criminal threats, brandishing a weapon and possession of a switchblade knife and booked into Santa Rita Jail.

Peters wasn’t injured. Fazeli, who lists his occupation as cashier, was booked into Santa Rita Jail in Dublin on suspicion of felony assault, criminal threats, brandishing a weapon and possession of a switchblade knife.

Kelly said the case has been forwarded to the Alameda County District Attorney’s Office for charging.

Peters talked to KPIX 5 about the frightening encounter Tuesday.

gop congressional candidate rudy peters Castro Valley Man Accused Of Switchblade Assault On GOP Congressional Candidate

“He would have stabbed me,” Peters said. “I mean, he had it out saying, ‘I’m going to kill you MFer! I’m going to kill you!’ I could see his thumb trying to get the knife out.”

He said the encounters started with verbal threats.

“He picks up a coffee cup to rear back and throw it at us. And I jumped around the table. He throws the coffee cup and misses us. It hits the ground and breaks,” remembered Peters. “So I come out and grab him and wrestle him and throw him down to the ground.”

He said that was when Fazeli pulled out a knife.

“He’s screaming, ‘I’ll kill you MFer! I’ll kill you! I’ll kill you!’ And he’s kind of circling me trying to get the knife out,” said Peters

Fazeli made his first court appearance Tuesday for possession of a switchblade and threatening to commit great bodily injury or death. But Fazeli’s mother and attorney say he is the victim.

assault suspect in court Castro Valley Man Accused Of Switchblade Assault On GOP Congressional Candidate

“My client at this point was afraid for his life and afraid for his health and safety. And I believe that it is alleged that he pulls out a folded knife. The knife was never opened,” argued defense attorney Frederick Remer.

Fazeli’s mother Dolly Adams was at the festival at the Democratic booth.

“Mr. Peters got physical first,” said Adams.

While she said she didn’t see what happened during the altercation, she talked to her son before he was arrested.

“He said that Mr. Peters has taken him by his shoulders and shoved him to the ground. And there was blood on him and blood on his booth,” said Green.

Peters said when Fazeli took out the knife, he shielded himself by reaching for one of his election signs for protection.

He said he never worried about his safety and the safety of his Republican supporters until now.

“I’ve asked my supporters and followers at open events, I don’t want them around me. I don’t want their safety in jeopardy,” said Peters.

On Tuesday, Swalwell posted on Twitter about the attack, saying he was “glad to hear Mr. Peters is okay.” He also discouraged the use of violence in any disagreement, political or otherwise.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/09/11/man-assaults-republican-congressional-candidate-switchb...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

Where is the tolerance and civility today? It is incumbent upon the politicians to dial down the rhetoric before someone gets killed for having a differing opinion.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Replies