Nominations are open for the AARP Purpose Prize, which honors extraordinary individuals who use their life experience to make a better future for all. Learn more.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
62
Views

Re: Man Accused Of Switchblade Assault On GOP Congressional Candidate

62 Views
Message 1 of 29

@rk9152 wrote:

This is about a guy being attacked with a knife.

 


mmmmm That's terrible. How many times was he stabbed?

 

 

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
62
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
71
Views

Re: Man Accused Of Switchblade Assault On GOP Congressional Candidate

71 Views
Message 2 of 29

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

So, what is that rant all about?

It's about conservatives complaining that the chickens they've bred are coming home to roost. See what supporting a culture of violence gets? Yep, it begets a violent culture. And when it's a conservative on the receiving end of that violence, that's when the blame game starts.

 

But, by all means, keep cheering on that "hitting" culture. Keep assuring that guns have more rights than people. Keep telling violent right wing thugs they're "very fine people". Keep clapping when Trump offers to pay the legal bills for people that will beat up those who disagree with him. And keep acting like what happened to Rudy Peters is worse than what happened to Richard Ojeda.

 

Your rant is about chickens?? This is about a guy being attacked with a knife.

 

When a Bernie staffer takes a rifle to kill as many Republicans as he can, I don't think you want to get into which side is inciting violence with vague claims.


 


More lying - the fact is that the shooter had a handgun and a rifle and factual verifiable information is not available as to how many shots were fired with which firearm and who was hit by a projectile fired from which firearm.

 

Data from reputable official sources should be posted...

 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
71
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
79
Views

Re: Man Accused Of Switchblade Assault On GOP Congressional Candidate

79 Views
Message 3 of 29

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

So, what is that rant all about?

It's about conservatives complaining that the chickens they've bred are coming home to roost. See what supporting a culture of violence gets? Yep, it begets a violent culture. And when it's a conservative on the receiving end of that violence, that's when the blame game starts.

 

But, by all means, keep cheering on that "hitting" culture. Keep assuring that guns have more rights than people. Keep telling violent right wing thugs they're "very fine people". Keep clapping when Trump offers to pay the legal bills for people that will beat up those who disagree with him. And keep acting like what happened to Rudy Peters is worse than what happened to Richard Ojeda.

 

Your rant is about chickens?? This is about a guy being attacked with a knife.

 

When a Bernie staffer takes a rifle to kill as many Republicans as he can, I don't think you want to get into which side is inciting violence with vague claims.


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
79
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
91
Views

Re: Man Accused Of Switchblade Assault On GOP Congressional Candidate

91 Views
Message 4 of 29

@rk9152 wrote:

So, what is that rant all about?

It's about conservatives complaining that the chickens they've bred are coming home to roost. See what supporting a culture of violence gets? Yep, it begets a violent culture. And when it's a conservative on the receiving end of that violence, that's when the blame game starts.

 

But, by all means, keep cheering on that "hitting" culture. Keep assuring that guns have more rights than people. Keep telling violent right wing thugs they're "very fine people". Keep clapping when Trump offers to pay the legal bills for people that will beat up those who disagree with him. And keep acting like what happened to Rudy Peters is worse than what happened to Richard Ojeda.

 

 

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
91
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
97
Views

Re: Man Accused Of Switchblade Assault On GOP Congressional Candidate

97 Views
Message 5 of 29

 


@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I do approve of a "when hit, hit back" approach. Sadly, in our country today the Dems have taken on a "hit first" style.

 


Wanna know who got "hit first"? Let's says it was the unarmed black community who's been gunned down in their own apartments, or sitting in their grandparent's backyards, or been told to leave a Starbucks.

 

How about the sick, who constantly have the threat and stress of being kicked off of their health insurance, probably the only insurance they can get, because the Cons refuse to put together a better package. If you think stress doesn't exacerbate a pre-existing condition, think again.

 

How about out-right discrimination against other countries of the world. Better still, discrimination against someone because of their religion. That must be in the fine print in the Constitution somewhere. Not sure there's any other reason why, for example, Muhammed Ali's son would be repeatedly profiled and detained at American airports.

 

How about food stamps. Education. Infrastructure (a little fyi for ya, Flint still has a water crisis). Student loans. Opiods. Homelessness. Gun violence. There's a slew of folks eking out an existence, who are "hit first" because of it, and the MAGATS cheer every time they're targeted. Must be that christian compassion the Cons are always preaching about, but never quite get around to practicing.

 

I've used the term snowflake appropriately. The "very fine" snowflakes get in their cars and run people down who don't look or think like them. Or shoot 'em up inside their church. Or bomb a women's health clinic. Or a federal building in Oklahoma. Or stab people on a Portland train.

 

It's plain to see who's been doing all the hitting. The one lesson Cons refuse to learn is that people won't tolerate it for eternity. And complaining that people are standing up against it is proof they enjoy being the abusers.

 

 


What's with all the racial comments - Farzad Fazeli is not black??

 

As far as I know he was not homeless, on opioids, drinking tainted water, on food stamps, adversely effected by education or infrastructure, nor involved with "women's health". So, what is that rant all about?


BigLib's post is about well over a century of white cultural racism (a staple element of trump supporter character defects) in actions against black and other minority groups.

The content of "RK"s post is a sleazy, disingenuous attempt to invalidate BigLib's truthful and valid post.

Sorry "rk" - no sane rational, logical, patriotic American Citizen is willing to sign onto that extremely obvious trump supporter scam...

 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
97
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
105
Views

Re: Man Accused Of Switchblade Assault On GOP Congressional Candidate

105 Views
Message 6 of 29

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I do approve of a "when hit, hit back" approach. Sadly, in our country today the Dems have taken on a "hit first" style.

 


Wanna know who got "hit first"? Let's says it was the unarmed black community who's been gunned down in their own apartments, or sitting in their grandparent's backyards, or been told to leave a Starbucks.

 

How about the sick, who constantly have the threat and stress of being kicked off of their health insurance, probably the only insurance they can get, because the Cons refuse to put together a better package. If you think stress doesn't exacerbate a pre-existing condition, think again.

 

How about out-right discrimination against other countries of the world. Better still, discrimination against someone because of their religion. That must be in the fine print in the Constitution somewhere. Not sure there's any other reason why, for example, Muhammed Ali's son would be repeatedly profiled and detained at American airports.

 

How about food stamps. Education. Infrastructure (a little fyi for ya, Flint still has a water crisis). Student loans. Opiods. Homelessness. Gun violence. There's a slew of folks eking out an existence, who are "hit first" because of it, and the MAGATS cheer every time they're targeted. Must be that christian compassion the Cons are always preaching about, but never quite get around to practicing.

 

I've used the term snowflake appropriately. The "very fine" snowflakes get in their cars and run people down who don't look or think like them. Or shoot 'em up inside their church. Or bomb a women's health clinic. Or a federal building in Oklahoma. Or stab people on a Portland train.

 

It's plain to see who's been doing all the hitting. The one lesson Cons refuse to learn is that people won't tolerate it for eternity. And complaining that people are standing up against it is proof they enjoy being the abusers.

 

 


What's with all the racial comments - Farzad Fazeli is not black??

 

As far as I know he was not homeless, on opioids, drinking tainted water, on food stamps, adversely effected by education or infrastructure, nor involved with "women's health". So, what is that rant all about?

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
105
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
115
Views

Re: Man Accused Of Switchblade Assault On GOP Congressional Candidate

115 Views
Message 7 of 29

@rk9152 wrote:

I do approve of a "when hit, hit back" approach. Sadly, in our country today the Dems have taken on a "hit first" style.

 


Wanna know who got "hit first"? Let's says it was the unarmed black community who's been gunned down in their own apartments, or sitting in their grandparent's backyards, or been told to leave a Starbucks.

 

How about the sick, who constantly have the threat and stress of being kicked off of their health insurance, probably the only insurance they can get, because the Cons refuse to put together a better package. If you think stress doesn't exacerbate a pre-existing condition, think again.

 

How about out-right discrimination against other countries of the world. Better still, discrimination against someone because of their religion. That must be in the fine print in the Constitution somewhere. Not sure there's any other reason why, for example, Muhammed Ali's son would be repeatedly profiled and detained at American airports.

 

How about food stamps. Education. Infrastructure (a little fyi for ya, Flint still has a water crisis). Student loans. Opiods. Homelessness. Gun violence. There's a slew of folks eking out an existence, who are "hit first" because of it, and the MAGATS cheer every time they're targeted. Must be that christian compassion the Cons are always preaching about, but never quite get around to practicing.

 

I've used the term snowflake appropriately. The "very fine" snowflakes get in their cars and run people down who don't look or think like them. Or shoot 'em up inside their church. Or bomb a women's health clinic. Or a federal building in Oklahoma. Or stab people on a Portland train.

 

It's plain to see who's been doing all the hitting. The one lesson Cons refuse to learn is that people won't tolerate it for eternity. And complaining that people are standing up against it is proof they enjoy being the abusers.

 

 

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
115
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
126
Views

Re: Man Accused Of Switchblade Assault On GOP Congressional Candidate

126 Views
Message 8 of 29

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:  Calling Hillary Clinton crooked Hillary is not politically correct but it is in my opinion accurate.  I am NOT a fan of the PC movement but that's just me.  If that is what you prefer then I say go for it but don't expect me to support it.

 

 


I'm kind pf curious how you can square that statement, to what you stated in the original post, which was:

 

"Where is the tolerance and civility today? It is incumbent upon the politicians to dial down the rhetoric before someone gets killed for having a differing opinion."

 

How can you claim to be a champion of tolerance and civility, when you just said you support the very rhetoric you claim you want toned down?

 

Exactly what "rhetoric" do you wish to see toned down? Please cite some examples.

 

 


How does calling someone "crooked Hillary" compare to coming at someone with a knife?

 

How does it compare to Bring a gun to a knife fight - Maxine Waters suggestion of assemble a mob for harrassment purposes - support for antifa attacks of speakers, demonstrators, and audiences - "Argue with neighbors, get in their face"?


Oh, you're answering for jim? Ok. How many more white supremacist Nazi loving rallies do there need to be, and how often does Trump need to call them "very fine people', before it finally dawns on the MAGATS that running people down with cars is not ok?

Oh, I was responding to your words. You know the "very fine people" is a Dem fraud. No one has approved of the running down of the demonstrator but some have approved of the "go out and get 'em" rhetoric of the leading Dems.

 

This isn't just some innocent apolitical president "telling it like it is." This is a deliberate nod to the hate-filled right that murdering people with your car still makes you part of his "very fine people", who he encouraged to beat up protesters at his rallies, and offered to pay their legal bills if they did..

No one encouraged the car attack - plenty are encouraging the "by any means necessary" approach to attacks on the President and those who support his efforts for America.

 

I had a sneaking suspicion that the only "rhetoric" the right wingers wanted dialed down, was what comes from those they disagree with. They cheer Trump's "I hit back harder" platform, but if the other side "hits back harder", then it's time to tone it down. Typical snowflaky can dish it out but can't take it mentality.

I do approve of a "when hit, hit back" approach. Sadly, in our country today the Dems have taken on a "hit first" style.

 

As to "snowflakes" - you are using it wrong. It refers to kids brought up unable to deal with not getting their own way, such as losing an election.

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
126
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
148
Views

Re: Man Accused Of Switchblade Assault On GOP Congressional Candidate

148 Views
Message 9 of 29

@nctarheel wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@nctarheel it certainly appears you and I are two very different people.  Perhaps it is just time for me to suggest we agree to disagree and go our seperate ways.  Happy Trails!

 

Enjoy the rest of your day and stay safe from the storm...

 

 


I am really disappointed. I thought you wanted to dial back the rhetoric but I suppose when the rhetoric is indefensible as is TRUMP'S; there is little to do but agree to disagree.

 

You stay away from Florence too. She ain't a nice lady.


I have dialed mine back but you appear to want to kick it up a notch and bait me into an argument to boot.  

 

Most of your posts to me are argumentative just for the sake of being argumentative.  At my age I am just not interested in what you are selling...

 

Good luck finding someone to fight with but you need to look elsewhere.

 

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
148
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
151
Views

Re: Man Accused Of Switchblade Assault On GOP Congressional Candidate

151 Views
Message 10 of 29

@jimc91 wrote:

@nctarheel it certainly appears you and I are two very different people.  Perhaps it is just time for me to suggest we agree to disagree and go our seperate ways.  Happy Trails!

 

Enjoy the rest of your day and stay safe from the storm...

 

 


I am really disappointed. I thought you wanted to dial back the rhetoric but I suppose when the rhetoric is indefensible as is TRUMP'S; there is little to do but agree to disagree.

 

You stay away from Florence too. She ain't a nice lady.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
151
Views