Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Man Accused Of Switchblade Assault On GOP Congressional Candidate

Message 11 of 29

@nctarheel it certainly appears you and I are two very different people.  Perhaps it is just time for me to suggest we agree to disagree and go our seperate ways.  Happy Trails!

Enjoy the rest of your day and stay safe from the storm...

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 29

@jimc91 wrote:

You have me confused with someone that is willing to judge other people that they have never personally met or have any kind of a personal relationship with.  

Let me see if I can explain it:

IMO the seasoned politicians are the ones that moved us along the path that has our great nation $20 Trillion in debt.  I think that is insane!  

The initial steps President Trump took by reducing taxes and relaxing business choking regulations literally set our economy on fire.

It is not my place to judge any other human being on the planet and personally I don't care. 

You say you want me to condemn his behavior without giving me a specific example.  What would that be? 

I have never defended the language he uses sometime.  He says out loud many times what I think and so I don't condemn him as a man because I too use some of that language. 

First of all, what does your first paragraph above even mean? Are you saying that since you have NEVER MET or had a PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH the President, that you will not judge his actions?

You do realize that the TRUMP ADMINISTRATION has added over ONE TRILLION MORE in debt in less than 14 months, don't you?

How is that tax reduction treating you so far? Has the 43% increase in GAS PRICES, since Trump was inaugurated, taken some of it away from you?

I find it interesting that you care not about the example the LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD sets for his citizenry, our ALLIES, and our ENEMIES. That is why, on the international stage, TRUMP is thought of as a joke.

There has been example after example of his inappropriate behavior as a candidate and as President. There is no need to rehash them all again.

So, as far as what he says, when he said "there were good people on both sides" meaning there were GOOD NAZIS in Charlottesville..... did you agree with that or speak out against it?????

The bottom line is that you started your comments by saying that politicians need to DIAL BACK their rhetoric and yet, when asked if you would condemn TRUMP THE CHUMP'S inciting, racist, and anti-Semitic rhetoric; you decline.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 29

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:  Calling Hillary Clinton crooked Hillary is not politically correct but it is in my opinion accurate.  I am NOT a fan of the PC movement but that's just me.  If that is what you prefer then I say go for it but don't expect me to support it.

I'm kind pf curious how you can square that statement, to what you stated in the original post, which was:

"Where is the tolerance and civility today? It is incumbent upon the politicians to dial down the rhetoric before someone gets killed for having a differing opinion."

How can you claim to be a champion of tolerance and civility, when you just said you support the very rhetoric you claim you want toned down?

Exactly what "rhetoric" do you wish to see toned down? Please cite some examples.

How does calling someone "crooked Hillary" compare to coming at someone with a knife?

How does it compare to Bring a gun to a knife fight - Maxine Waters suggestion of assemble a mob for harrassment purposes - support for antifa attacks of speakers, demonstrators, and audiences - "Argue with neighbors, get in their face"?

Oh, you're answering for jim? Ok. How many more white supremacist Nazi loving rallies do there need to be, and how often does Trump need to call them "very fine people', before it finally dawns on the MAGATS that running people down with cars is not ok?

This isn't just some innocent apolitical president "telling it like it is." This is a deliberate nod to the hate-filled right that murdering people with your car still makes you part of his "very fine people", who he encouraged to beat up protesters at his rallies, and offered to pay their legal bills if they did..

I had a sneaking suspicion that the only "rhetoric" the right wingers wanted dialed down, was what comes from those they disagree with. They cheer Trump's "I hit back harder" platform, but if the other side "hits back harder", then it's time to tone it down. Typical snowflaky can dish it out but can't take it mentality.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 29

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:  Calling Hillary Clinton crooked Hillary is not politically correct but it is in my opinion accurate.  I am NOT a fan of the PC movement but that's just me.  If that is what you prefer then I say go for it but don't expect me to support it.

I'm kind pf curious how you can square that statement, to what you stated in the original post, which was:

"Where is the tolerance and civility today? It is incumbent upon the politicians to dial down the rhetoric before someone gets killed for having a differing opinion."

How can you claim to be a champion of tolerance and civility, when you just said you support the very rhetoric you claim you want toned down?

Exactly what "rhetoric" do you wish to see toned down? Please cite some examples.

How does calling someone "crooked Hillary" compare to coming at someone with a knife?

How does it compare to Bring a gun to a knife fight - Maxine Waters suggestion of assemble a mob for harrassment purposes - support for antifa attacks of speakers, demonstrators, and audiences - "Argue with neighbors, get in their face"?

Yep - and remember - having a capascinoid gel spray in one's hand ready for use is not "brandishing" or "menacing" or "threatening" - capascinoid sprays are not legally considered to be a weapon, but are considered lawful self defense devices - they are lawful for all non felons over the age of 18 to possess and use to defend one's person in all fifty states.  

The Boy Scout motto of "Be prepared" is prudent - and patriotic.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 29

@BigLib wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 29

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 29

@nctarheel Said:

Oh, @jimc91,

I didn't ask you to control TRUMP'S behavior.

I didn't ask you if YOU would act differently than TRUMP.

I didn't ask you about people who break the law.

I didn't ask you to judge anyone on a religious basis.

This is what I asked you:

Will YOU admit that TRUMP uses IMMATURE, INAPPROPRIATE, and INSULTING language?

Will YOU agree to NEVER defend TRUMP'S IMMATURE, INAPPROPRIATE, and INSULTING language ever again?????

Will You??????

I look forward to your response, @jimc91.

I'd like to be "all in" too.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You have me confused with someone that is willing to judge other people that they have never personally met or have any kind of a personal relationship with.  

Let me see if I can explain it:

I voted for President Trump because the agenda he ran on is one I agree with for the most part.  Not 100% but in the high 80s.

I also voted for him because he is NOT and seasoned politician but has spent his life in the business world not the world of "government".  IMO the seasoned politicians are the ones that moved us along the path that has our great nation $20 Trillion in debt.  I think that is insane!  The initial steps President Trump took by reducing taxes and relaxing business choking regulations literally set our economy on fire. and all the tax revenue that will be produced by the increase in growth will go along way toward reducing the debt.  Trump knows overhead can be a business killer, he has a plan to reduce the size of the Federal Government and keep us safe.

I am one person that did not vote for Trump because I thought he was a choir boy.  Anyone that has been alive in America for the past 67 years knew he grew up a playboy and has been married more than once.  It is not my place to judge any other human being on the planet and personally I don't care.  I am interested in what he is doing for the country I love and as a Disabled Vietnam Veteran I like what I see.  Some of the language he uses I use myself from time to time when I am frustrated with a situation I have little or no control over.

You say you want me to condemn his behavior without giving me a specific example.  What would that be?  Pulling a switchblade knife on another person as an assault would be something I would condemn.  Calling Hillary Clinton crooked Hillary is not politically correct but it is in my opinion accurate.  I am NOT a fan of the PC movement but that's just me.  If that is what you prefer then I say go for it but don't expect me to support it.

I have never defended the language he uses sometime.  He says out loud many times what I think and so I don't condemn him as a man because I too use some of that language.  While talking to my brother on the phone yesterday I used the term, "the failing NY Times" in a casual conversation.  So it would be hypocritical of me to condemn him for saying that very thing.

Enjoy your day.  We just arrived and set up our RV in the Great Smokey Mountains.  Sat outside last night and needed to put on a long sleeve shirt.  What a pleasant change and escape from our Florida heat.  Hope you are in a safe place for Hurricane Florence.  It appears it is going to be a very bad storm.  We'll watch it up here from the mountain top and pray for everyone...  Stay safe!

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 29

@nctarheel wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@nctarheel Why don’t you and I start by moving away from attacking those with differing opinions?  I am in, how about you?

First of all, there was no attack, as you say.

I just pointed out that the rhetoric used by CANDIDATE TRUMP ratcheted up use of inappropriate and infantile name calling.

As one reviews TRUMP'S discourse throughout the campaign and, now, as PRESIDENT, one sees that the inappropriate and infantile name calling has not abated, but has gotten worse.

Most, if not all, of his targets refrain from returning the same BABYISH NAME CALLING.

But then, @jimc91, you state that we have differing opinions.

So if my opinion is that calling someone LYIN' TED, LIDDLE MARCO, WACKY OMAROSA, CROOKED HILLARY, LOW ENERGY JEB, POCAHONTAS, AND FLAKE JEFF FLAKE is not only immature and inappropriate BUT is solely meant to insult.

And then you state that we have DIFFERING OPINIONS.

That can only mean YOU DON'T believe TRUMP'S UTTERANCES are immature, inappropriate insults at all.

I will move away from challenging Donald Trump's IMMATURE, INAPPROPRIATE, AND INSULTING language on one condition.

YOU MUST ADMIT that this PRESIDENT uses IMMATURE, INAPPROPRIATE, and INSULTING language and that YOU will NEVER  defend HIS IMMATURE, INAPPROPRIATE, and INSULTING language ever again.

Then I'll be in!!

Jim can only control the behavior of Jim.

Yep I’m all in, I do not feel compelled to insult anyone with a different opinion from mine.  

I believe in personal responsibility and accountability for those that break the law.

It is not my place to judge anyone on this earth, that is reserved for my Lord.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Oh, @jimc91,

Will YOU agree to NEVER defend TRUMP'S IMMATURE, INAPPROPRIATE, and INSULTING language ever again?????

Will You??????

The only way this would make sense is if the President was the guy with the knife.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 29

@jimc91 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@nctarheel Why don’t you and I start by moving away from attacking those with differing opinions?  I am in, how about you?

First of all, there was no attack, as you say.

I just pointed out that the rhetoric used by CANDIDATE TRUMP ratcheted up use of inappropriate and infantile name calling.

As one reviews TRUMP'S discourse throughout the campaign and, now, as PRESIDENT, one sees that the inappropriate and infantile name calling has not abated, but has gotten worse.

Most, if not all, of his targets refrain from returning the same BABYISH NAME CALLING.

But then, @jimc91, you state that we have differing opinions.

So if my opinion is that calling someone LYIN' TED, LIDDLE MARCO, WACKY OMAROSA, CROOKED HILLARY, LOW ENERGY JEB, POCAHONTAS, AND FLAKE JEFF FLAKE is not only immature and inappropriate BUT is solely meant to insult.

And then you state that we have DIFFERING OPINIONS.

That can only mean YOU DON'T believe TRUMP'S UTTERANCES are immature, inappropriate insults at all.

I will move away from challenging Donald Trump's IMMATURE, INAPPROPRIATE, AND INSULTING language on one condition.

YOU MUST ADMIT that this PRESIDENT uses IMMATURE, INAPPROPRIATE, and INSULTING language and that YOU will NEVER  defend HIS IMMATURE, INAPPROPRIATE, and INSULTING language ever again.

Then I'll be in!!

Jim can only control the behavior of Jim.

Yep I’m all in, I do not feel compelled to insult anyone with a different opinion from mine.  

I believe in personal responsibility and accountability for those that break the law.

It is not my place to judge anyone on this earth, that is reserved for my Lord.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Oh, @jimc91,

Will You??????

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 29

@rk9152 wrote:

Got that, jim? Attack a guy with a knife, go to a Republican baseball practice to kill as many as you can, call somebody "little Marco" - samo-samo.

Shoot a Democratic rep in the head at point blank range in front of a grocery store, kill 6 other people, including a judge, chastise kids who got shot at for holding anti-gun violence rallies, while complaining about people in Chicago getting shot - samo-samo.

Jim, I'm with ya. Not sure it will ever happen, but it would be wonderful.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors