Reply
Trusted Contributor

Make No Mistake - This is peLOSER/socialist shutdown

PeLOSER (Pelosi/Schumer) and the rest of the libtards supported building a wall. Then Trump decided to build it and they all decided it's immoral and unneeded.

 

In 2013 Obama refused to sign Continuing Resolutions to fund the rest of the government unless Obamacare was funded and the left claimed the resulting shutdown was Congress' fault for not giving him the funding he wanted. Trump refuses to sign Continuing Resolutions to fund the rest of the government unless the wall is funded and the left claims the resulting shutdown is Trump's fault for not giving up what he wants.

 

Democrats go on and on and on about how bad Trump is for letting so many people get hurt by the shutdown by not letting go of his demand for a wall. But if they are really that concerned, why don't THEY let go of their opposition to the wall? After all, what they're talking about is nothing more than a rounding error in the federal budget.

 

I too could go on and on and on but let's face facts. The problem with the current shutdown is the two sides have different goals. Trump's goal is to build a wall. You can assign a lot of reasons to why he wants to build a wall, some good and some bad. But the bottom line is he wants to build a wall. And before I hear any the current nonsense about “walls,” I'm using that word to describe a structure of WHATEVER kind along parts of the border. PeLOSER's goal is to cause a shutdown they can, hopefully, blame on Trump to gain political advantage. They've come up with a lot of reasons but none of them make sense, especially since they previously supported a wall.

 

Besides, a defining principle of good management is that you NEVER give someone the responsibility for doing something unless you give them the authority and tools they need to be successful. It's also just common sense. If you give someone a task but don't give him what he needs to do the task you're doing nothing more than setting him up for failure. The Border Patrol has said repeatedly that they need the wall to be successful. They have appeared on TV and there are a great articles and op-eds on the Border Patrol Council (union) web site and elsewhere dating back to before they endorsed Trump for President due to his promise to help them by building a wall. They are the ones who have the responsibility for protecting our borders. They are the boots on the ground. They know far better than the unnamed so-called “experts” who say a wall is not needed. And they want the wall. That alone should be reason enough to build it.

 

And that alone is a good reason enough to NEVER put Democrats in charge of anything let alone the federal government. They obviously don't understand the basic principles of good management.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Richva

Did the hordes have personal body armor, mini guns, and have tanks for assault and protection. trump probably had a secret deal to sell those items to the caravans of immigrants. Beware, they are coming!!

Well, not really. But it might make for a cable tv series!...just like trump’s immigrant policies are certainly not based in reality!

This is all trump’s contrived issue, not Nancy’s. 

 

Never Forget

0 Kudos
304 Views
6
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@williamb39198 wrote:

@Richva

Did the hordes have personal body armor, mini guns, and have tanks for assault and protection. trump probably had a secret deal to sell those items to the caravans of immigrants. Beware, they are coming!!

Well, not really. But it might make for a cable tv series!...just like trump’s immigrant policies are certainly not based in reality!

This is all trump’s contrived issue, not Nancy’s. 

 

Never Forget


Did the President really "contrive" the caravans?

 

There is nothing lacking in reality in wanting immigration laws obeyed and/or enforced.

Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

@Richva

Did the hordes have personal body armor, mini guns, and have tanks for assault and protection. trump probably had a secret deal to sell those items to the caravans of immigrants. Beware, they are coming!!

Well, not really. But it might make for a cable tv series!...just like trump’s immigrant policies are certainly not based in reality!

This is all trump’s contrived issue, not Nancy’s. 

 

Never Forget


Did the President really "contrive" the caravans?

 

There is nothing lacking in reality in wanting immigration laws obeyed and/or enforced.


The President and Fox "contrived" the stupid notion the caravans were new (they happen every year) and posed some existential threat to American Freedom. Just another sad chapter in the saga of Republican racism run amok.

 

What is lacking is the understanding that those people are fleeing for their lives, not trying to sneak in so they can take American's jobs. If anyone lost a job to an undocumented worker it is because THE BOSS FIRED THEM AND HIRED THE IMMIGRANT. If you really want to stop that happening, ARREST THE BOSS AND FINE HIS PANTS OFF.

 

That will never happen because the "boss" is, or works for, a GOPerLord who has used cheap immigrant labor to keep American wages as low as possible for CENTURIES. They did it with the Germans, then the Irish, then the Italians and now the poor brown people coming north.

 

The 9/11 terrorists came by air, the shoe bomber came by air, it was an airplane terrorists blew up over Lockerbee, and HALF of the undocumented here now flew in WITH DOCUMENTS that have since expired. Walls would not change this.

 

There are a couple criminals who slip across the border, but I haven't seen any evidence the two murderers Trumpettes rant about came across the border on foot thru the desert, so no ADDITIONAL physical barrier would've stopped them.

 

The only "crisis" is THE CRY-SIST of lil donny having to cry himself to sleep each night because the Adults in the Congress (Democrats one and all)  won't let him waste billions of tax dollars to feed his insatiable VANITY.

Honored Social Butterfly


@Olderscout66 wrote:


Did the President really "contrive" the caravans?

 

There is nothing lacking in reality in wanting immigration laws obeyed and/or enforced.


The President and Fox "contrived" the stupid notion the caravans were new (they happen every year) and posed some existential threat to American Freedom. Just another sad chapter in the saga of Republican racism run amok.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/

 

What is lacking is the understanding that those people are fleeing for their lives, not trying to sneak in so they can take American's jobs. If anyone lost a job to an undocumented worker it is because THE BOSS FIRED THEM AND HIRED THE IMMIGRANT. If you really want to stop that happening, ARREST THE BOSS AND FINE HIS PANTS OFF.

Good point but separate from stopping illegal entry.

 

That will never happen because the "boss" is, or works for, a GOPerLord who has used cheap immigrant labor to keep American wages as low as possible for CENTURIES. They did it with the Germans, then the Irish, then the Italians and now the poor brown people coming north.

Are all those exploiters GOPerLOrds. Seems there must be some Dems in business.

 

The 9/11 terrorists came by air, the shoe bomber came by air, it was an airplane terrorists blew up over Lockerbee, and HALF of the undocumented here now flew in WITH DOCUMENTS that have since expired. Walls would not change this.

Does THAT mean THAT we should no PHYSICAL barriers along OUR borders?

 

There are a couple criminals who slip across the border, but I haven't seen any evidence the two murderers Trumpettes rant about came across the border on foot thru the desert, so no ADDITIONAL physical barrier would've stopped them.

Does THAT mean THAT we should no PHYSICAL barriers along OUR borders?

 

The only "crisis" is THE CRY-SIST of lil donny having to cry himself to sleep each night because the Adults in the Congress (Democrats one and all)  won't let him waste billions of tax dollars to feed his insatiable VANITY.

Does THAT mean THAT we should no PHYSICAL barriers along OUR borders?


 

0 Kudos
176 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@williamb39198 wrote:

@Richva

Did the hordes have personal body armor, mini guns, and have tanks for assault and protection. trump probably had a secret deal to sell those items to the caravans of immigrants. Beware, they are coming!!

Well, not really. But it might make for a cable tv series!...just like trump’s immigrant policies are certainly not based in reality!

 

Never Forget


In all seriousness, those of us who live on the border know Trump's wall idea is as bogus as it can get. We watch the crossing statistics like hawks because we would be impacted if they went up. They have been dropping for ten years. The most effective "walls" are the helicopter landing plates they brought back from Vietnam and pounded into the ground lengthwise. Those only work near the border stations.  Most of the immigrants and almost all the drugs are coming across at the border crossings. It is the only way to get enough volume to make it worthwhile.  Trump is a fraud and, probably a traitor. 

Honored Social Butterfly


@Richva wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

@Richva

Did the hordes have personal body armor, mini guns, and have tanks for assault and protection. trump probably had a secret deal to sell those items to the caravans of immigrants. Beware, they are coming!!

Well, not really. But it might make for a cable tv series!...just like trump’s immigrant policies are certainly not based in reality!

 

Never Forget


In all seriousness, those of us who live on the border know Trump's wall idea is as bogus as it can get. We watch the crossing statistics like hawks because we would be impacted if they went up. They have been dropping for ten years. The most effective "walls" are the helicopter landing plates they brought back from Vietnam and pounded into the ground lengthwise. Those only work near the border stations.  Most of the immigrants and almost all the drugs are coming across at the border crossings. It is the only way to get enough volume to make it worthwhile.  Trump is a fraud and, probably a traitor. 


The President wants our immigration laws obeyed and enforced. And, strangely enough, the Russian bots have convinced an American that to do so makes him a traitor.

0 Kudos
310 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

@Richva

Did the hordes have personal body armor, mini guns, and have tanks for assault and protection. trump probably had a secret deal to sell those items to the caravans of immigrants. Beware, they are coming!!

Well, not really. But it might make for a cable tv series!...just like trump’s immigrant policies are certainly not based in reality!

 

Never Forget


In all seriousness, those of us who live on the border know Trump's wall idea is as bogus as it can get. We watch the crossing statistics like hawks because we would be impacted if they went up. They have been dropping for ten years. The most effective "walls" are the helicopter landing plates they brought back from Vietnam and pounded into the ground lengthwise. Those only work near the border stations.  Most of the immigrants and almost all the drugs are coming across at the border crossings. It is the only way to get enough volume to make it worthwhile.  Trump is a fraud and, probably a traitor. 


The President wants our immigration laws obeyed and enforced. And, strangely enough, the Russian bots have convinced an American that to do so makes him a traitor.


If the President wants our immigration laws obeyed and enforced, why doesn’t he obey them?

Honored Social Butterfly


@easyed598 wrote:

30 Democrats in Puerto Rico with 109 lobbyists for weekend despite shutdown


Are you implying that the Trump administration has not managed to turn on the phones or computer lines yet?  I think that is a bit cold.  Accurate, but cold. 

 

I see Trump is complaining about being stuck in the White House. Sweet. 

Honored Social Butterfly

You still have not addressed the fact that the shutdown happened prior to the Democrats taking control of the House and Pelosi the Speaker's gavel. 

 

Trump told McConnell what he would sign, they negotiated under those terms and came to a deal with the Freedom Caucus and the Democrats. Then, Trump threw the Republicans under the bus and they would no longer negotiate with him.  Left it for Pelosi to clean up the mess. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Trump told all of America , Pelosi and Schumer that Trump will take credit for the shutdown and not blame the Democrats. So what do his wilfully blind supporters do ? Try to blame the Democrats !

Even after their Republican Party twice passed bipartisan legislation to open our Government with Trump's approval. Trump backs out and now his wilfully blind hypocritical supporters want to blame the Democrats.

 

Honored Social Butterfly


@LeeV999430 wrote:

PeLOSER (Pelosi/Schumer) and the rest of the libtards supported building a wall. Then Trump decided to build it and they all decided it's immoral and unneeded.

 

In 2013 Obama refused to sign Continuing Resolutions to fund the rest of the government unless Obamacare was funded and the left claimed the resulting shutdown was Congress' fault for not giving him the funding he wanted. Trump refuses to sign Continuing Resolutions to fund the rest of the government unless the wall is funded and the left claims the resulting shutdown is Trump's fault for not giving up what he wants.

 

Democrats go on and on and on about how bad Trump is for letting so many people get hurt by the shutdown by not letting go of his demand for a wall. But if they are really that concerned, why don't THEY let go of their opposition to the wall? After all, what they're talking about is nothing more than a rounding error in the federal budget.

 

I too could go on and on and on but let's face facts. The problem with the current shutdown is the two sides have different goals. Trump's goal is to build a wall. You can assign a lot of reasons to why he wants to build a wall, some good and some bad. But the bottom line is he wants to build a wall. And before I hear any the current nonsense about “walls,” I'm using that word to describe a structure of WHATEVER kind along parts of the border. PeLOSER's goal is to cause a shutdown they can, hopefully, blame on Trump to gain political advantage. They've come up with a lot of reasons but none of them make sense, especially since they previously supported a wall.

 

Besides, a defining principle of good management is that you NEVER give someone the responsibility for doing something unless you give them the authority and tools they need to be successful. It's also just common sense. If you give someone a task but don't give him what he needs to do the task you're doing nothing more than setting him up for failure. The Border Patrol has said repeatedly that they need the wall to be successful. They have appeared on TV and there are a great articles and op-eds on the Border Patrol Council (union) web site and elsewhere dating back to before they endorsed Trump for President due to his promise to help them by building a wall. They are the ones who have the responsibility for protecting our borders. They are the boots on the ground. They know far better than the unnamed so-called “experts” who say a wall is not needed. And they want the wall. That alone should be reason enough to build it.

 

And that alone is a good reason enough to NEVER put Democrats in charge of anything let alone the federal government. They obviously don't understand the basic principles of good management.


No Problem - I Have This Saved in a Word Document - I got tired of responding to the same argument from different people in different threads - too much typing & obviously a Big Waste of Time - Because Facts Don't Matter To Most of You Folks!

 

The Entire US Government Has Been Under Majority Republican Control for the Last Two Years

 

US Presidency - US House - US Senate - US Supreme Court

 

Why didn't they Build a Wall When they Controlled the Entire US Government for 2 Years?

 

Democrats Didn't Want Kavanaugh or Gorsuch - Guess What Republicans in Congress did & they used the Majority Control of the Entire Congress to get them Confirmed

 

Democrats didn;t want a Tax Break for ONLY the Richest Individuals & the Most Profitable Multi-national Corporations - Guess What Republicans in Congress did & they used the Majority Control of the Entire Congress to get them passed into Law

 

WHY Not the Same Scenario For The Trump Memorial Wall?

 

Simple - Republicans in Congress - the US Tax Payers - Putin & Kim jong un - Do Not Care Anything About a Trump Memorial Wall or it would have been as much as a Priority for them as getting Gorsuch & Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court & Passing a Tax Bill where the Majority of the Benefit went to the Richest Individuals & Largest Most Profitable Corporations

 

What Trump The GOP & the Trump Cult Wanted Was Another - Boogeyman - Clinton is losing her appeal as the Demogogue Du jour so now they can resurrect Pelosi

 

The US Constitution Purposefully provided for the Will of the People to be exercised by Elected Officials - when their are competing Wills - Debate & Compromise is the suggested remedy - Trump refuses to Compromise - it's his Wall - his way or the American People Will Suffer

 

Trump was given money for his Wall twice in the last year alone and it wasn't accepted - he does not want the Wall or would have accepted the 25 Billion already offered

 

What he wants is Chaos in the US Government & He's been enormously successful - it's exited since the day he was inaugurated

 

Why Does He Want Chaos in the US Government

 

IT's Becoming More & More Apparent to the American Public & the World

 

Trump wants Chaos in the US Government because thats what Putin wants

 

Source - micks word document

 

 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Honored Social Butterfly


@mickstuder wrote:

@LeeV999430 wrote:

PeLOSER (Pelosi/Schumer) and the rest of the libtards supported building a wall. Then Trump decided to build it and they all decided it's immoral and unneeded.

 

In 2013 Obama refused to sign Continuing Resolutions to fund the rest of the government unless Obamacare was funded and the left claimed the resulting shutdown was Congress' fault for not giving him the funding he wanted. Trump refuses to sign Continuing Resolutions to fund the rest of the government unless the wall is funded and the left claims the resulting shutdown is Trump's fault for not giving up what he wants.

 

Democrats go on and on and on about how bad Trump is for letting so many people get hurt by the shutdown by not letting go of his demand for a wall. But if they are really that concerned, why don't THEY let go of their opposition to the wall? After all, what they're talking about is nothing more than a rounding error in the federal budget.

 

I too could go on and on and on but let's face facts. The problem with the current shutdown is the two sides have different goals. Trump's goal is to build a wall. You can assign a lot of reasons to why he wants to build a wall, some good and some bad. But the bottom line is he wants to build a wall. And before I hear any the current nonsense about “walls,” I'm using that word to describe a structure of WHATEVER kind along parts of the border. PeLOSER's goal is to cause a shutdown they can, hopefully, blame on Trump to gain political advantage. They've come up with a lot of reasons but none of them make sense, especially since they previously supported a wall.

 

Besides, a defining principle of good management is that you NEVER give someone the responsibility for doing something unless you give them the authority and tools they need to be successful. It's also just common sense. If you give someone a task but don't give him what he needs to do the task you're doing nothing more than setting him up for failure. The Border Patrol has said repeatedly that they need the wall to be successful. They have appeared on TV and there are a great articles and op-eds on the Border Patrol Council (union) web site and elsewhere dating back to before they endorsed Trump for President due to his promise to help them by building a wall. They are the ones who have the responsibility for protecting our borders. They are the boots on the ground. They know far better than the unnamed so-called “experts” who say a wall is not needed. And they want the wall. That alone should be reason enough to build it.

 

And that alone is a good reason enough to NEVER put Democrats in charge of anything let alone the federal government. They obviously don't understand the basic principles of good management.


No Problem - I Have This Saved in a Word Document - I got tired of responding to the same argument from different people in different threads - too much typing & obviously a Big Waste of Time - Because Facts Don't Matter To Most of You Folks!

 

The Entire US Government Has Been Under Majority Republican Control for the Last Two Years

 

US Presidency - US House - US Senate - US Supreme Court

 

Why didn't they Build a Wall When they Controlled the Entire US Government for 2 Years?

 

Democrats Didn't Want Kavanaugh or Gorsuch - Guess What Republicans in Congress did & they used the Majority Control of the Entire Congress to get them Confirmed

 

Democrats didn;t want a Tax Break for ONLY the Richest Individuals & the Most Profitable Multi-national Corporations - Guess What Republicans in Congress did & they used the Majority Control of the Entire Congress to get them passed into Law

 

WHY Not the Same Scenario For The Trump Memorial Wall?

 

Simple - Republicans in Congress - the US Tax Payers - Putin & Kim jong un - Do Not Care Anything About a Trump Memorial Wall or it would have been as much as a Priority for them as getting Gorsuch & Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court & Passing a Tax Bill where the Majority of the Benefit went to the Richest Individuals & Largest Most Profitable Corporations

 

What Trump The GOP & the Trump Cult Wanted Was Another - Boogeyman - Clinton is losing her appeal as the Demogogue Du jour so now they can resurrect Pelosi

 

The US Constitution Purposefully provided for the Will of the People to be exercised by Elected Officials - when their are competing Wills - Debate & Compromise is the suggested remedy - Trump refuses to Compromise - it's his Wall - his way or the American People Will Suffer

 

Trump was given money for his Wall twice in the last year alone and it wasn't accepted - he does not want the Wall or would have accepted the 25 Billion already offered

 

What he wants is Chaos in the US Government & He's been enormously successful - it's exited since the day he was inaugurated

 

Why Does He Want Chaos in the US Government

 

IT's Becoming More & More Apparent to the American Public & the World

 

Trump wants Chaos in the US Government because thats what Putin wants

 

Source - micks word document

 

Because of Congressional rules.

 

The tax cuts were not only for the rich - they were only for the tax payers.

 

Putin and Kim are not part of this.

 

Pelosi was not resurrected - she stated her position on the issue of border security.

 

Yes, Putin wants chaos - and he is getting a lot of support here.

 


 

0 Kudos
302 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

@mickstuder

Nice summation! Had not seen that one before. 

And there is the probability that trump is doing this because putin wants it. What better way than to continue the destruction of America. And mcconnell is very complicit with the destruction. Looks like repubs will just sit in their living rooms while the walls of their house are falling down, and not to worry, trump will fix their house!...because he says so!

 

Never Forget

0 Kudos
407 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Pelousi is not against border security. 

A majority of Americans are against a wall. And a majority blame trump and repubs for the shutdown. 

Why after 2 years of repub control, why is this a emergency now? Just to blame Dems? Or a trump distraction concerning his upcoming legal woes?

I have not seen a poll of all Border Security personnel concerning a wall and the need for it, or perhaps other more effective forms of border security. 

 

Never Forget

Honored Social Butterfly


@williamb39198 wrote:

Pelousi is not against border security. 

A majority of Americans are against a wall. And a majority blame trump and repubs for the shutdown. 

Why after 2 years of repub control, why is this a emergency now? Just to blame Dems? Or a trump distraction concerning his upcoming legal woes?

I have not seen a poll of all Border Security personnel concerning a wall and the need for it, or perhaps other more effective forms of border security. 

 

Never Forget


It has been a problem acknowledged by all sides for at least a decade. For most of that time there was agreement and efforts to work on it. However, the Dems have pulled a 180 and that creates the emergency - the lack of bipartisanship in dealing with it.

0 Kudos
297 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

Pelousi is not against border security. 

A majority of Americans are against a wall. And a majority blame trump and repubs for the shutdown. 

Why after 2 years of repub control, why is this a emergency now? Just to blame Dems? Or a trump distraction concerning his upcoming legal woes?

I have not seen a poll of all Border Security personnel concerning a wall and the need for it, or perhaps other more effective forms of border security. 

 

Never Forget


It has been a problem acknowledged by all sides for at least a decade. For most of that time there was agreement and efforts to work on it. However, the Dems have pulled a 180 and that creates the emergency - the lack of bipartisanship in dealing with it.


No the Dems asked the Experts to analyse the illegal immigration issue/problem at the Southern Border - they were then given several options/solutions directly related to the many different & specific locations & the Unique Problems associated with each different location & they implemented the ones they decided might be most effective & have the best chance of success

 

Guess What - All not some but ALL of the Available Data reports - that their efforts were more than modestly successful

 

Arrests of Illegal Immigrants Crossing the Border is down 70% since 2000

 

Regarding the Drug Smuggling - Same Process - both are not a One Size Fits All Scenario

 

Again the Experts were consulted - not Pelosi's Gut or anecdotal reports from individuals - but experts on Border Security & Illegal Drug Smuggling

 

Again, the reports indicated - MOST DRUGS COME THROUGH LEGAL PORTS OF ENTRY ON SHIPS - TRACTOR TRAILER TRUCKS - CARS - ETC

 

They asked for more money for Agents & Technology - they got some - not enough

 

Today they are asking again for more money & agents

 

Those are the Facts

 

 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Honored Social Butterfly


@rk9152 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

Pelousi is not against border security. 

A majority of Americans are against a wall. And a majority blame trump and repubs for the shutdown. 

Why after 2 years of repub control, why is this a emergency now? Just to blame Dems? Or a trump distraction concerning his upcoming legal woes?

I have not seen a poll of all Border Security personnel concerning a wall and the need for it, or perhaps other more effective forms of border security. 

 

Never Forget


It has been a problem acknowledged by all sides for at least a decade. For most of that time there was agreement and efforts to work on it. However, the Dems have pulled a 180 and that creates the emergency - the lack of bipartisanship in dealing with it.


The Republicans have never wanted to work on border security. They only mention border security to attack the Democrats and their supporters are too dumb to figure that out.

 

There have been many attempts by the Democrats over the years to work on sensible immigration reform to improve our security but the Republicans refuse to even discuss it.

Honored Social Butterfly

A rounding error in the federal budget? That type of thinking is what leads to the ever increasing debt. Again, it’s so easy to spend other people’s money. 

Honored Social Butterfly

. Again, it’s so easy to spend other people’s money.

This true. The problem I see is there is no agreement on the way to spend other people's money. I think we should spend for our own country's protection, and for our own country's citizens. There are choices to make and quite frankly I don't think there is enough money to provide for the people coming into this country illegally. We are not a bottomless pocketbook. I never thought I would see the day citizens of the United States would fight for those who hate us rather than fight for those who love this country. No one on this board can make me believe everyone in these caravans who demand money from the U.S. have any intention of doing anything legally. Extortion is a crime. Why would anyone protect a criminal?
Honored Social Butterfly


@Soosie wrote:
. Extortion is a crime. Why would anyone protect a criminal?

Then why stand by and watch trump use extortion to try and get his WALL ??????


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
179 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Soosie wrote:
I never thought I would see the day citizens of the United States would fight for those who hate us rather than fight for those who love this country. No one on this board can make me believe everyone in these caravans who demand money from the U.S. have any intention of doing anything legally. Extortion is a crime. Why would anyone protect a criminal?

Demonizing those that are seeking entry into the United States is as far from being an American as one can be. Except for Native Americans, everyone's family tree includes an immigrant.

 

To say that those seeking entry HATE US is not only unfounded but inaccurate.

 

To say they have no intention of doing anything legally is also unfounded and inaccurate.

 

To say they are criminals is again unfounded and inaccurate.

 

It is a shame that INDIVIDUAL-1 and his supporters must resort to demonizing those seeking entry into our beloved country.

 

As was said the other day, the symbol of AMERICA should be THE STATUE OF LIBERTY and NOT a WALL.

 

We should welcome immigrants not DEMONIZE them, @Soosie.

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
Honored Social Butterfly


@Soosie wrote:
. Again, it’s so easy to spend other people’s money.

This true. The problem I see is there is no agreement on the way to spend other people's money. I think we should spend for our own country's protection, and for our own country's citizens. There are choices to make and quite frankly I don't think there is enough money to provide for the people coming into this country illegally. We are not a bottomless pocketbook. I never thought I would see the day citizens of the United States would fight for those who hate us rather than fight for those who love this country. No one on this board can make me believe everyone in these caravans who demand money from the U.S. have any intention of doing anything legally. Extortion is a crime. Why would anyone protect a criminal?

False dilemma. It’s not either/or. Everyone wants border security. Nobody has proven a wall is the best, cost-effective way to do that.

Honored Social Butterfly

False dilemma. It’s not either/or. Everyone wants border security. Nobody has proven a wall is the best, cost-effective way to do that............................................Wouldn't it be great if we had the $150B Obama gave to Iran to build a wall? Once built and tested we would know it would work. There would not be all this guessing about it. I find it hard to imagine judging whether or not something will work before it is done. Let's see, what's that called? Irrational logic comes to mind.
0 Kudos
316 Views
3
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Soosie:   Wouldn't it be great if we had the $150B Obama gave to Iran to build a wall? 

 

 

Do you mean the money that belonged to Iran that we returned to them?

 

"The 2015 agreement freed up Iranian assets that had been frozen under sanctions. Called the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, the deal included Iran and the United States, China, France, Germany, Russia, the United Kingdom and the European Union.

The agreement only affected sanctions imposed to punish Iran for its nuclear program. Iran has other assets that remain frozen."

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2018/apr/27/donald-trump/donald-trump-iran-150-b...

 

 

 

 

Honored Social Butterfly

Soosie:   Wouldn't it be great if we had the $150B Obama gave to Iran to build a wall? 

 

 

PANJ-Do you mean the money that belonged to Iran that we returned to them?----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Yeah that money -the penalty for keeping over 100  American diplomats  hostage  for 444 days .

0 Kudos
181 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@Soosie wrote:
Wouldn't it be great if we had the $150B Obama gave to Iran to build a wall?

Once built and tested we would know it would work. There would not be all this guessing about it. I find it hard to imagine judging whether or not something will work before it is done. Let's see, what's that called? Irrational logic comes to mind.

I am truly amazed how many times activities of President Obama and Candidate Clinton are resurrected by the supporters of INDIVIDUAL-1, even two years into his presidency. The supporters of INDIVIDUAL-1 must feel that this diversion still works.... it doesn't.

 

As to a wall working, there are two points, no wall is impenetrable. People go under, over and through walls.

 

But the most important point is that this wall is being built to supposedly stop THE BAD PEOPLE coming into this country. But there is a problem, THE BAD PEOPLE aren't coming through the places where a wall is planned. They are coming through ports of entry, like airports, harbors, and, of course, official entry points along the present border. THE BAD PEOPLE know MINGLING IN with everyone else is EASIER than SNEAKING into the country. This goes for drug dealers, drug mules, gang members, and others.

 

The wall is a VANITY WALL that INDIVIDUAL-1 sees as a MEMORIAL to his presidency, nothing more nothing less.

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
Honored Social Butterfly

Soosie.  
Please understand the our immigration system has been broken for decades, and it is up to the Congress and the Senate to deal with tis issue.

They have done nothing in 40 years, they have kicked the ball down the road as much as they can.

There is a lot of fault to go around in both parties.  

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

Soosie.
Please understand the our immigration system has been broken for decades, and it is up to the Congress and the Senate to deal with tis issue.

They have done nothing in 40 years, they have kicked the ball down the road as much as they can.

There is a lot of fault to go around in both parties. ...............................................................rker321..........This might be a good post to direct to everyone who posts here.
0 Kudos
276 Views
0
Report
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png