Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Majority of GOP Voters Believe: Press is An Enemy of the People

Message 81 of 106

But of course CT  and  I am surprised to see that you don't want to recognize the reasons.
They will continue to support Trump until their way of life are touched by the policies of this Administration. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Majority of GOP Voters Believe: Press is An Enemy of the People

Message 82 of 106

The following statement is too complex for Trump Cult members.

"The Press is an Enemy of the People".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 106

@williamb39198 wrote:

@rk9152

Great! A really fine example of the free press...MSNBC!!

Thank you - It's always good to start the day with a laugh.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 106

Years ago I used to record news shows so I could watch them at my convienence.

For the 6:30 slot, after recording the three major networks, I settled on Peter Jennings World News Tonight. I thought that show was the best for the world news - half hour show.
When Peter Jennings died, I read an article that said he was very difficult to work for. He was very demanding about how to present the news. He was very opposed to including opinion in the news - even in a very subtle way. Maybe that's what I like about his broadcast, or maybe it was the topics they chose to cover. The media does control the narrative, afterall.

Another show I used to like was This Week in Washington with Gwenn Eiffel - now Washington Week. I thought she did a great job at trying to remain unbiased even though I knew she was a Democrat. Washington Week has gone downhill since she left. The show is now filled with softball questions and predictable answers from the panel. Boring.

I don't have cable TV, but when I visit a friend or relative's home and watch FOX News, CNN or MSNBC, the mixture of news with opinion, along with the bias is unmistakable - which is not in all cases a terrible thing.

I remember when Obama was president he said "I've got one television station entirely devoted to attacking my administration." I agreed with him, and we all know which television station he was referring to.

I think today's media by and large are against Trump. But let's face it. He asked for it. Not only from his disparaging remarks about ethnic groups and individuals, but the way he directly attacks the media.
My favorite Sunday morning talk show is Meet the Press. I can't help but notice Chuck Todd going out of his way to attack Trump and at the same time defend the media.

Here's two interesting polls:

32% believe the news media are careful to separate fact from opinion, well below the 58% who held this view in 1984.
66% currently agree that most news media do not do a good job of letting people know what is fact and what is opinion, up from 42%.
Gallup/Knight survey found nearly half of Americans, 45%, saying there is "a great deal" of political bias in news coverage compared to 25% in a 1989 Pew Research Center telephone survey.

The survey asked those who could name an objective source to identify which specific outlets they believe report news objectively.

Among Republicans, Fox News was the overwhelming winner, with 60% of Republicans who named an objective news source identifying Fox News as that source.

Among Democrats, rather than coalescing around a single news organization, Democrats name a number of sources, led by CNN (21%) and NPR (15%).

https://news.gallup.com/poll/225755/americans-news-bias-name-neutral-source.aspx

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 106

@rk9152

Great! A really fine example of the free press...MSNBC!!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 106

That is just nonsense. No one on the Right believes that.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 106

@CriticalThinking wrote:

The following is a statement only a Trump Cult member would make and it's one you couldn't make up if you tried. It's indicative as to why America is in so much trouble today.

RK said, "Any rational person knows that the President has never attacked the free press."

Yes he did and in doing so he showed great wisdom and honesty. There is much to be learned from rk. Although he didn't include that clever "color treatment".

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Majority of GOP Voters Believe: Press is An Enemy of the People

Message 88 of 106

The following is a statement only a Trump Cult member would make and it's one you couldn't make up if you tried. It's indicative as to why America is in so much trouble today.

RK said, "Any rational person knows that the President has never attacked the free press."

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 106

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

A majority of Republicans said they believed the news media is "the enemy of the people" rather than "an important part of democracy", in a poll released Tuesday.

The poll from Quinnipiac University showed 51% of GOP respondents identified with President Donald Trump's "enemy of the people" line 

Tuesday's poll showed 36% of GOP respondents called the news media "an important part of democracy," a much smaller share than any other group listed by Quinnipiac

Quinnipiac consistantly overstates the significance of Republican opinion, but in this case they could be right on the money.

37% of Americans identify as Republican or that they lean toward Republican. 51% of 37% is 19%

So 19% of Americans buy Trump's lie about "enemy of the People", a term first used by Joe Stalin to justify his purge of the opposition.

Which means 81% of Americans do NOT buy Trump's ourtrageous slander of the 4th Estate.

Rudi has stated Trump will be "tried in the court of public opinion" regarding his Russian Conspiracies. If true, lil' Lemontop is in DEEP Kimshi as this part of his plan to discredit witnesses seems to have fallen far short of effective.

Same post greatly expanded with numbers and drama (including Joe Stalin and kimshi. I hear it tastes a lot like kimchi).

Can anyone offer an actual quote from the President attacking the free press?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 106

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Trump Cult members remain in steadfast denial of the fact that their leader is repeatedly attacking the free and indpendent press by calling them "an enemy of the people".

It has nothing to do with your imaginary "cult". Any rational person knows that the President has never attacked the free press. That is just a meme that those lacking in ideas say over and over.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors