Staying Sharp empowers you to take control of your brain health as you age. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Majority of Democrats like people in Failed Relationships

Message 1 of 10

@mickstuder wrote:

Why should I direct comments to Republicans

The Republicans Had a Proven Winning Strategy developed over the last decade - Win the State and Local Races - appeal to the disenfranchised White Working Middle Class and the Elderly on Fixed Incomes and the Minorities that the Democrats have been paying Lip Service too FOREVER  while the Democratic Leadership was only worried about Washington and Coveting Support from Big Banks & the rest of the Financial Industry - J Street and Hollywood

It's time for Democrats to leave the Democratic Party - Push for Independents to be recognised as a Major Political Party - the two party system in this Country had destroyed it - Trump and the Republicans figured this out a long time ago Trump is no Conservative he's a Independent and one all too Happy to accept Republican support and because he won Republicans are only too happy to stay out of his way as long and when they send him bills from their agenda - he signs them

mick...The answer to your question is:  To be pragmatic about what will and won't work.  You made the Truth visible.  The People have to care about the Truth AND their government AND make it work for them.  That has to happen before the 2018 mid-terms.  IF it does not, so much damage will be done over the next two or more years, we may not survive as a democratic Republic. 

We have to be pragmatic.  We need voters who think of themselves as Republicans and Democrats.  The disaffected ones.  The 'faithful' are not available.  You won't get past the blinders no matter how 'rational' you are.  Spend your time wisely....you don't have much and you can't get any more.

Given the numbers going back to 2012, there was no way an independent third party could be anything other than a spoiler. That's accurate, and you know it.  You might get a few independents elected, but not enough to do much on their own even IF you could get them to work together.  To actually elect a sufficient number of representatives and senators to control congress would require a bigger political base still.  Realistically, you need some voters from the Democrats and some from the Republicans.  That's why I said what I said.

Enough of those 'independent' critters to become a determinant of legislative action need to get elected.  Not just two or three.  It won't take a majority, but it does take enough of those critters sitting in either House of Senate to absolutely deny a majority.  Enough to say yea or nay and have it count. That is being a spoiler in a partisan mind, but if that is what has to happen, so be it.

The 'independents' would have to somehow scrape off enough electoral votes to deny a candidate such as "the donald" enough electoral votes to be elected POTUS.  That part might not be hard...but it wouldn't be the end of it.  IF that were to happen, the House gets to decide.  The 'independents' then have to convince enough of those critters to say "no" once more. Otherwise...you get what we got. 

But...IF you can't 'keep them honest' at least we might make them behave better in public.

An independent Third Party could be a stabilizing influence on the political scene, but...it has to get enough support from the People to do it.  I repeat...to do that you need disaffected Democrats AND you need disaffected Republicans.  Now it counts big time.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

@fangoh45 wrote:
To sum up-Dems living here with all the described abuse should pack up and go to greener pastures.

If this were true, the Dems would love Trump. Serial and public cheater in his marriages (note plural). Stiffs his vendors for work done. (Loved the piano guy who almost lost his business) He can't tell the same story for more than one news cycle. 

Based on the subject title, THIS is what Dems want. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

@mickstuder wrote:

A Majority of Democrats in this Country are like all those people who stay in Failed Relationships

They keep thinking that - tomorrow all the abuse - all the false promises - all the deceit and selfishness is going to stop and things will get better

They are also afraid that leaving is too much of gamble - at least staying where I am is familiar and the few good days are better than the uncertainty of change

They know why they are unhappy but all they do is keep blaming the other person for their unhappiness and never doing anything about it

The Democratic Leadership has failed the American People - continuing to support them is no different then defending a abusive partner when your family is trying to get you to wake up and admit the Real Problem is You Continue to Buy into the Lie that Tomorrow is going to be better

To sum up-Dems living here with all the described abuse should pack up and go to greener pastures.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

Since January, the Vermont senator has stopped in Mississippi, Kansas and Michigan. Monday he’s heading to one of the poorest counties in America, McDowell County, West Virginia, which Trump carried by a ratio of 3-to-1. Sanders views these enclaves as critical for the future of the Democratic Party and, by extension, the country.

They are, he argues, the places where Democrats have shown “an enormous amount of neglect.”

“The truth is, and I think anyone who objectively assesses the situation has to appreciate, that the model the Democrats have followed for the last 10 to 20 years has been an ultimate failure,” Sanders said in an interview with The Huffington Post from his Senate office in Washington.

“That’s just the objective evidence. We are taking on a right-wing extremist party whose agenda is opposed time after time and on issue after issue by the vast majority of the American people.

Yet we have lost the White House, the U.S. House, the U.S. Senate, almost two-thirds of the governors’ chairs and close to 900 legislative seats across this country. How can anyone not conclude that the Democratic agenda and approach has been a failure?”

Source - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bernie-sanders-donald-trump-voters_us_58c1ac90e4b054a0ea68fa17?

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Mick - Small problem is that altho Democrats keep failing to win when they should be a "slam dunk", when Dems ARE elected, things get much better for the 99% and stay good for the 1% while when Republicans get elected, things go to hell in a hatbox for the 99% and a small fraction of the 1%'s fortunes skyrocket.

Been working that way since 1980, and while I am totally disgusted with the Party that could not defeat an emoptional and intellectual 7 year-old with an outlandish haircut, I cannot see an alternative to the Democrats. Our sorry history of 3d parties always starts with a candidate for POTUS, but even if (for example) Perot had WON, HE'D HAVE GOTTEN NOWHERE because there were not nearly enough other Reform Candidates to have given him any leverage in Congress.

If you want a third party, start like the teabaggers did - LOCAL.

There are numerous examples of LOCAL Resistance all over the Country - the problem is they think there are only two options - Republican or Democrat

What would be helpful is if the Main Stream Media finally gets fed up with being called the Opposition Party in name only and takes the challenge seriously and literally

The possibilities then are endless and encouraging

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

Mick - Small problem is that altho Democrats keep failing to win when they should be a "slam dunk", when Dems ARE elected, things get much better for the 99% and stay good for the 1% while when Republicans get elected, things go to hell in a hatbox for the 99% and a small fraction of the 1%'s fortunes skyrocket.

Been working that way since 1980, and while I am totally disgusted with the Party that could not defeat an emoptional and intellectual 7 year-old with an outlandish haircut, I cannot see an alternative to the Democrats. Our sorry history of 3d parties always starts with a candidate for POTUS, but even if (for example) Perot had WON, HE'D HAVE GOTTEN NOWHERE because there were not nearly enough other Reform Candidates to have given him any leverage in Congress.

If you want a third party, start like the teabaggers did - LOCAL.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

@umbarch64 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

The Democratic Leadership has failed the American People - continuing to support them is no different then defending a abusive partner when your family is trying to get you to wake up and admit the Real Problem is You Continue to Buy into the Lie that Tomorrow is going to be better

I think your observation is cogent, mick.  I do wish you had expanded what you said to apply to present day Republican Leadership and present day Republicans.  I suppose that, as you usually do, had good and sufficient reasons not to do that. 

I think you were addressing your post to basically "good" people in the hope that they would see what you said as reasonable. [rational is pretty much the same thing, but not so subjective].  Could that be a major reason?

I'm addressing my comments to those in the Democratic Party that are so Partisan they cannot bring themselves to even question never mind condemn or at least hold the Leadership in the Democratic Party responsible for the fact that they are so incompetent

1. We now have a Psychopath as Leader of not just the USA but the Entire Free World - fledgling Democracies all over the World look to the USA as example of how things should be - insurgents and resistance movements all over the world attempting to hold the USA up as a example of what is possible if you resist Authoritarianism & Dictators have been failed by the Incompetence of the Leadership of the Democratic Party.

2. The Clinton Campaign was still sending me requests for Donations two months after they were annilihated in the Presidential Campaign

3. The DNC as well

In my view they owe me a Refund with interest - even Obama was attempting to convince the campaign he should be sent to Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin - instead I saw him live at an event at the University of New Hampshire the day before the Election -

New Hampshire has 4 Electoral Votes

Wisconsin - 10

Pennsylvania - 20

Michigan - 16

Why should I direct comments to Republicans

The Republicans Had a Proven Winning Strategy developed over the last decade - Win the State and Local Races - appeal to the disenfranchised White Working Middle Class and the Elderly on Fixed Incomes and the Minorities that the Democrats have been paying Lip Service too FOREVER  while the Democratic Leadership was only worried about Washington and Coveting Support from Big Banks & the rest of the Financial Industry - J Street and Hollywood

It's time for Democrats to leave the Democratic Party - Push for Independents to be recognised as a Major Political Party - the two party system in this Country had destroyed it - Trump and the Republicans figured this out a long time ago Trump is no Conservative he's a Independent and one all too Happy to accept Republican support and because he won Republicans are only too happy to stay out of his way as long and when they send him bills from their agenda - he signs them

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

An endearing rant - here is what I believe is the problem...and of course no solution.    

Brawley, a resident of Monroe, North Carolina, said she fears the new Republican health insurance bill will significantly raise her premiums.

"I'm 55. This is the first time in my life I voted, and I voted for Trump hoping that he would change the insurance so I could get good health care," she told ABC News. "I might as well have not voted."

Brawley of Monroe, N.C., said she voted for President Trump in the hope he could make insurance more affordable. But on Tuesday, Ms. Brawley, 55, was feeling increasingly nervous based on what she had heard about the new plan from television news reports. She pays about $260 per month for a Blue Cross plan and receives a subsidy of $724 per month to cover the rest of her premium. Under the House plan, she would receive $3,500 a year in tax credits — $5,188 less than she gets under the Affordable Care Act.

“I’m scared, I’ll tell you that right now, to think about not having insurance at my age,” said Ms. Brawley, who underwent a liver biopsy on Monday after her doctor found that she has an autoimmune liver disease. “If I didn’t have insurance, these doctors wouldn’t see me.”

The Grass is Greener on the other side?  NOT.   

Read the GOP version of their ACCESS to healthcare:    Do you know or understand what any of the sentences that include a reference to the CFR actually means.  

If your daughter needed an abortion - what would you tell here to do?  Become a Libertarian or Green supporter or just tough love - sorry, that deformed child - you get to have that healthcare  expense paid if only you have ACCESS?

WASP are the only people in the US that should be legislators and if at all possible they should all be men?

NOPE - a rant is a rant is a rant - that is as real a solution as some of the statements that some are using to defend their erroneous statements of non-facts - Fake News.

But I do hope you feel better.   

etc, etc.    

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10

@mickstuder wrote:

I think your observation is cogent, mick.  I do wish you had expanded what you said to apply to present day Republican Leadership and present day Republicans.  I suppose that, as you usually do, had good and sufficient reasons not to do that. 

I think you were addressing your post to basically "good" people in the hope that they would see what you said as reasonable. [rational is pretty much the same thing, but not so subjective].  Could that be a major reason?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Majority of Democrats like people in Failed Relationships

Message 10 of 10

A Majority of Democrats in this Country are like all those people who stay in Failed Relationships

They keep thinking that - tomorrow all the abuse - all the false promises - all the deceit and selfishness is going to stop and things will get better

They are also afraid that leaving is too much of gamble - at least staying where I am is familiar and the few good days are better than the uncertainty of change

They know why they are unhappy but all they do is keep blaming the other person for their unhappiness and never doing anything about it

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors