Honored Social Butterfly

Majority of Americans now say they approve of Trump's handling of coronavirus: poll

Majority of Americans now say they approve of Trump's handling of coronavirus: poll

The majority of Americans now approve of President Trump's handling of the coronavirus pandemic, a reversal from just one week prior, according to a new Ipsos/ABC News poll.

Of those surveyed, 55 percent said that they approved of the president's handling of the situation, while 43 percent said they disapproved. The numbers were basically reversed from one week ago when 54 percent said they disapproved and 43 percent approved.

Trump's tone and approach to the outbreak has changed in recent weeks, with the president now appearing at daily briefings at the White House with his coronavirus task force. Trump said this week that he knew that COVID-19 was a pandemic before it was labeled as such by the World Health Organization, despite his previous rhetoric downplaying the severity of the virus.

The president has passed two coronavirus stimulus packages that include paid sick leave for certain workers and free coronavirus testing.

Despite the improvement in the approval rating, the public remains strongly partisan.

Nearly 70 percent of Democrats still disapprove of how Trump is dealing with the pandemic, while 92 percent of Republicans approve of how he's handled the crisis.

=====================================================

"Nearly 70 percent of Democrats still disapprove of how Trump is dealing with the pandemic"

It like the Democrats do not want to end this crisis if it makes Trump look good.  Very sad. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Boy. is THIS an old post.  How many experts have told us Trump is botching the pandemic response since this was first posted?  I have lost count. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

You are reading from the Trump Cult playbook. In Trump World, he is never wrong, he can't be criticized, and anyone who does that, becomes the enemy. 

Since Trump is perfect, Trump World has to find a way to place the blame on their scapegoat of the day. Yesterday it was China, now it's Pelosi and Schumer. Remember, in a cult, the Supreme Leader is immune from criticism, so finding someone else to blame is mandatory.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Never expect Trump Cult members to deal with facts or the truth. There is a bi-partisan bill which would immediately pass both the House and Senate, which sends the money to those who need it most, such as small businesses. 

What's holding it up is Moscow Mitch's plan to subsidize the big corporations again.

Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Never expect Trump Cult members to deal with facts or the truth. There is a bi-partisan bill which would immediately pass both the House and Senate, which sends the money to those who need it most, such as small businesses. 

What's holding it up is Moscow Mitch's plan to subsidize the big corporations again.

Exactly, @CriticalThinking!   When it comes to the Rich Man, my question is always, "When is enough money....ENOUGH?"  "Do our wealthy brethren gots ta have it all?"   

Apparently the answer is, "Yes!"  And as Gordon Gekko said, "Greed is good!"  It's definitely is good for the greedy!

Honored Social Butterfly

RE: Majority of Americans now say they approve of Trump's handling of coronavirus: poll

I don't know how that statement could possibly be true.  Nobody polled me or asked my opinion.  And in my humble opinion, tRump's response to this world wide health disaster has been abominable.  First, he ignored the warnings.  Then denied the warnings were true.   Then he lied about the reality of and seriousness of the pandemic.   Then and even now he did what he always does -- pointed fingers of blame.  People all over the world were getting sick and dropping dead. And then it finally came to our shores and he thought he could keep it out by not letting those poor cruise ship "refugees" land on our shores.  Remember:  He didn't want our "numbers" of sick people to go up.  And after all of that, it took some Fox News talking heads to admonishhim and told him what to think and do, that he finally and grudgingly felt he had to come out, take some action, and actually lead!  

So nope.  Nobody asked me.  But if I had been polled, had I been asked, I would have told them I have not approved of tRump's handling of this crisis or he's bumbling running of the presidency since day one.  But nobody asked me and really I don't trust or believe in polls anyway.

Bronze Conversationalist

Thanks for your opinion but you are not one that matters. The President has done the right things and it will pay off in fewer people getting sick. You are a part of the problem. A divider, a hater, and one who could cause this country to be totally bankrupt and dysfunctional. The unwillingness of you and those like you to save small business and its employees is unconscionable. People are not only dying, they are losing their jobs. It will get worse, much worse. It could make the depression of the 30's be child's play. A package to save the country needs to be virus specific and business specific. Not green new deal, abortion, union, or any kitchen sink you liars want to throw in there. Wake up before it is too late!

Esteemed Social Butterfly

@quidduo wrote:

Thanks for your opinion but you are not one that matters. 

Every American matters.

Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch wrote:

@quidduo wrote:

Thanks for your opinion but you are not one that matters. 

Every American matters.

Even deplorables?

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch 

It's rather funny...the more that trump falls from grace, the nastier that trump supporters get. 
They certainly like to name call and belittle others that don't agree with them...just like trump! But then again, he's falling pretty quickly, isn't he!

So childish to call others squirrel crap!

0 Kudos

@williamb39198 wrote:

@MsStretch 

It's rather funny...the more that trump falls from grace, the nastier that trump supporters get. 
They certainly like to name call and belittle others that don't agree with them...just like trump! But then again, he's falling pretty quickly, isn't he!

The problem is that IMPOTUS is dragging the rest of us into hell with him with his ill-advised hunches.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@williamb39198 wrote:

@MsStretch 

Could be they have read about Hitlers enablers. Once Hitler became full Dictator he got rid of alot of them quickly. Took all the brown shirts out in one night. Killed most of them. Look at how all on stage with Trump who spoke made sure they said how he was a great leader. Looked and sounded like a meeting in North  Korea, and the Dictator there killed members of his own family he felt were not loyal enough.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@john258 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

@MsStretch 

Could be they have read about Hitlers enablers. Once Hitler became full Dictator he got rid of alot of them quickly. Took all the brown shirts out in one night. Killed most of them. Look at how all on stage with Trump who spoke made sure they said how he was a great leader. Looked and sounded like a meeting in North  Korea, and the Dictator there killed members of his own family he felt were not loyal enough.

Are you worried? 

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

ms stretch fails to realize the real child in this whole issue NANCY.....do nothing nancy and the do nothing house......squirrel poop?

These sorry, nefarious, spiteful, hate mongering dung flinging democrats are nothing but waste, interference, blocking, slander, dishonesty, and virtue-less political hooliganism. Always have been and it appears they always will be! How's that for names stretch?

0 Kudos

@quidduo wrote:

ms stretch fails to realize the real child in this whole issue NANCY.....do nothing nancy and the do nothing house......squirrel poop?

These sorry, nefarious, spiteful, hate mongering dung flinging democrats are nothing but waste, interference, blocking, slander, dishonesty, and virtue-less political hooliganism. Always have been and it appears they always will be! How's that for names stretch?

Talk to my assistant >>>

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@quidduo wrote:

I do have to admit. If this is winning, I am really tired of it. 

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

tell that to pelosi and shumer then!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@quidduo wrote:

Thanks for your opinion but you are not one that matters. The President has done the right things and it will pay off in fewer people getting sick. You are a part of the problem. A divider, a hater, and one who could cause this country to be totally bankrupt and dysfunctional. The unwillingness of you and those like you to save small business and its employees is unconscionable. People are not only dying, they are losing their jobs. It will get worse, much worse. It could make the depression of the 30's be child's play. A package to save the country needs to be virus specific and business specific. Not green new deal, abortion, union, or any kitchen sink you liars want to throw in there. Wake up before it is too late!

The president has reacted to this crisis like a rabid raccoon in a house fire. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

The politicians and supporters of the left are acting like sacrificing a few Americans is no big thing. I guess human sacrifice is making a comeback, in the democrat party.

The high priestess pelosi is a low life .

Honored Social Butterfly

LydiaN586309 posted..

So nope. Nobody asked me. But if I had been polled, had I been asked, I would have told them I have not approved of tRump's handling of this crisis or he's bumbling running of the presidency since day one. But nobody asked me and really I don't trust or believe in polls anyway.

======================================

Your opinion...which I believe more than never and less than always.

Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

LydiaN586309 posted..

So nope. Nobody asked me. But if I had been polled, had I been asked, I would have told them I have not approved of tRump's handling of this crisis or he's bumbling running of the presidency since day one. But nobody asked me and really I don't trust or believe in polls anyway.

“And your opinion is not my reality.”

Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

LydiaN586309 posted..

No worries. With this trajectory of displayed incompetence, November election is going to be fun. 

Honored Social Butterfly

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Wrong. You couldn't be more wrong. Your facts are made up! These is the items... among others. 

Pelosi’s and Schumer’s ideological wish list are coming into focus, include new collective bargaining powers for unions, higher fuel emissions standards for airlines, and expanded wind and solar tax credits.

Worthy items for discussion, BUT NOT NOW!!!

By the way.... where is sleepy Joe?

Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Wrong. You couldn't be more wrong. Your facts are made up! These is the items... among others. 

Pelosi’s and Schumer’s ideological wish list are coming into focus, include new collective bargaining powers for unions, higher fuel emissions standards for airlines, and expanded wind and solar tax credits.

Worthy items for discussion, BUT NOT NOW!!!

By the way.... where is sleepy Joe?

Remember the liberal motto: "never let a crisis go to waste"!  Pork a-la-mode?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

I would point out that only the corporations and top 1% got PERMANENT tax cuts in the Trump Deficit Buster.  Now, Pelisi is trying to get some money to help the middle classes and small businesses instead of those same corporations. The Republicans don't like spending money on plain, ol' American citizens ONE BIT but she is holding their feet to the fire. GO NANCY. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

I would point out that only the corporations and top 1% got PERMANENT tax cuts in the Trump Deficit Buster.  Now,Pelisii is trying to get some money to help the middle classes and small businesses instead of those same corporations. The Republicans don't like spending money on plain, ol' American citizens ONE BIT but she is holding their feet to the fire. GONANCYY. 

Nothing wrong with 'Pelisi' making sure the money goes to people, couples, families, small businesses, medium businesses and big businesses who are American based. No need for any green new deal BS added to the package.

I would love to see incentives for new start up companies who will obligate themselves to manufacturing of critical/strategic supplies in this country.

Honored Social Butterfly

Now you've heard from the Obama cult.  Pelosi, NO PORK.

Bronze Conversationalist

Millions of people will become unemployed if a package is not agreed to. A lot of them small business employees. The package nancy tore up will not be passed because the democrats don't want a package. She wants college debt forgiven yet allows 1 million h1b visas to be renewed and added to.....creating even more unemployment of our own college graduates. Graduates that could fill jobs that are taken by low wage indians and chinese. nan wants control, control of which corporations get bailouts and loans. Corporations that she supports because of .....politics and kick backs. This is NOT a surprise. This was an orchestrated effort by Nan and she threw a bucket of cold water on schumer and said quash it. This was a bi-partison effort negotiated by both democrats and republicans. But no matter to NAN, she tore it UP!

Honored Social Butterfly

Democrats motto:  "Never let a crisis go to waste".  That's why Democrats are adding PORK to the bill.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png