Honored Social Butterfly

Mail-In Voting

Mail-In Voting.png

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Silver Conversationalist

They should have mailed in those votes to avoid the problem.

Nobody knew health care could be so complicated.
Donald Trump
Honored Social Butterfly

Here is incident I found of an attempt to tamper with mail-in voting ballots.  Note that this was done by a Republican, LOL:

https://fox8.com/news/mail-carrier-pleads-guilty-to-altering-absentee-ballot-requests-switching-part...

Honored Social Butterfly

Mail-In Voting.png

34 States now allow pretty much unrestricted mail-in voting, so the next move for Toad is to destroy the United States Postal Service. Watch for GOPers to initiate legislation to dissolve the USPS before November - its their only defense.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Olderscout66   I have said this before,  he will try to rig these elections and this is the first step. He will try to demonize and erode the trust in our mail in votes. as much as he can. He apparently has figure out that many will not want to stand in line with this virus and think that if they get a mail vote they will not vote for him.
Nevertheless, He will not go gently into the night, expect riots incited by him and you will see blood in the streets of this country.

no name
Social Butterfly

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@Olderscout66   I have said this before,  he will try to rig these elections and this is the first step. He will try to demonize and erode the trust in our mail in votes. as much as he can. He apparently has figure out that many will not want to stand in line with this virus and think that if they get a mail vote they will not vote for him.
Nevertheless, He will not go gently into the night, expect riots incited by him and you will see blood in the streets of this country.

Further proof (click for CNN article; Google for other sources):

NCAbsenteeBallotApplication.jpg

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Honored Social Butterfly

Did the tRump campaign pay for his picture being on North Carolina absentee ballot requests? Is it LEGAL in RedLand to use tax dollars for a partisan political advertisement?

Guess if you're a star, they gotta let ya - right?

VOTE THEM OUT

THEN

LOCK THEM UP!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Not to worry ... I've got 10 ballots already filled out for Trump.

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Oh please send them all in. Please, please, please!  I promise to write to you every day you are i prison. Really I will.  Trust me. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Oh please send them all in. Please, please, please!  I promise to write to you every day you are i prison. Really I will.  Trust me. 

I pledge to visit him too!  We may even see Trump !!!

Honored Social Butterfly

Frankly at this point I care more about seeing the erosion of our ballots than whom ever tries to perpetrate fraud.. We all need to make sure that our votes are counted

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

Always to remember that voting is Our right...for trump to attempt to impede or take this right away, is not a right that he possesses...We need to stand up for Our right, and hold trump and lejoy accountable for trying to destroy the Postal Service, voting, and providing services for Our Citizens. 

Honored Social Butterfly

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Honored Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/10/24/many-americans-unaware-of-their-states-voter-id-law...

Yep.  Makes more sense to mail them a ballot. 

Yep, he just built a case for everyone receiving a ballot in the mail, with instructions and a postage paid return envelope !

Honored Social Butterfly

Who would of thought mail in voter fraud in New Jersey... lol.  What a joke. 

Paterson, NJ, to hold new election in City Council race marred by voter fraud charges

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I completely agree with you, the ignorance of many voters is amazing, I just heard that the Latinos in Miami think that the stimulus check came from Trump. Imagine that not recognizing that their check came from the Legislative Branches of government both the senate and the Congress.
That is one of the reasons that we have Trump. most voters don't bother to research the people that they vote for.

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Beware of the American Bald Eagles under the control of President Trump...

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Beware of the American Bald Eagles under the control of President Trump...

Why  did it grow hair?

goodlol.jpg

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

Hilariously and ignorantly:   donald has now tweeted that Mail in Ballots are BAD but Absentee Ballots are GOOD.     That level of ignorance is astounding - and not in a good way.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

@afisher wrote:

Hilariously and ignorantly:   donald has now tweeted that Mail in Ballots are BAD but Absentee Ballots are GOOD.     That level of ignorance is astounding - and not in a good way.

And his supporters cheer !  Yep, the ignorance is astounding !

Honored Social Butterfly

Well, now we know why donald threw Fox under the bus.   Even Fox has an article about the safety of voting by mail.   

I had to smile at the excuse described by Roxanne - use a different envelope.  I live in TX and the outer envelope is used to verify the signature of the voter.   That is done and only after that step is completed is the ballot (that is sealed within another envelope) is separated from the signed envelope removed from the second sealed envelope and counted.    

So please, tell all the GOP that their idea is great, then should remind all their friends.   🙂

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

Mail-in voting has been proven over time to be very safe and effective ..................... no matter how much propaganda the Right conjures up about it.

Silver Conversationalist

The Washington Post did an interesting analysis on how IMPOTUS may be putting a nail in his own coffin.

---------------------------------------------------

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension—a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.

Nobody knew health care could be so complicated.
Donald Trump
Honored Social Butterfly

@Loulit wrote:

The Washington Post did an interesting analysis on how IMPOTUS may be putting a nail in his own coffin.

---------------------------------------------------

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension—a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.

Yep, tRump keeps alienating more and more of those that voted for him in 2016. Trump is imploding right before our eyes.

tRump himself votes by mail but doesn't what everyday citizens to do the same, Republicans need to step up before it costs them their jobs too. They are between a rock and a hard spot. if the y stand against mail-in voting they will drive people to the polls out of anger at them. If they push for mail-in voting large numbers will vote. Large voter turnout either way is bad for Republicans.

Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53   In the Panhandle the cradle of the redneck populations wearing a mas has become a model of shame. 
And mail in voting is practically verbotten. They will tell you that if you vote by mail your mail will not be counted. that there is two much fraud comin up with mail in voting. do not vote by mail if you want  your vote to be counted.When have asked what is the military over seas ae going to do  or the disabled or the seniors hey do not have an answer. or provide a stupid one. like change the envelope so that they don't know is a ballot.

We in tis family have all requested mail in ballots. and will vote by mail. as many have stated. this is Free America and I have a Constitutional right to do as I please.

no name
Esteemed Social Butterfly

The Washington Post did an interesting analysis on how IMPOTUS may be putting a nail in his own coffin.

President Trump’s relentless attacks on the security of mail voting are driving suspicion among GOP voters toward absentee ballots — a dynamic alarming Republican strategists, who say it could undercut their own candidates, including Trump himself.

In several primaries this spring, Democratic voters have embraced mail ballots in far larger numbers than Republicans during a campaign season defined by the coronavirus pandemic. And when they urge their supporters to vote by mail, GOP campaigns around the country are hearing from more and more Republican voters who say they do not trust absentee ballots, according to multiple strategists. In one particularly vivid example, a group of Michigan voters held a public burning of their absentee ballot applications last month.

The growing Republican antagonism toward voting by mail comes even as the Trump campaign is launching a major absentee-ballot program in every competitive state, according to multiple campaign advisers — a delicate balancing act, considering what one strategist described as the president’s “imprecision” on the subject.

“It’s very concerning for Republicans,” said a top party operative, who like several others interviewed spoke on the condition of anonymity to avoid drawing Trump’s ire. “I guarantee our Republican Senate candidates are having it drilled into them that they cannot accept this. They have to have sophisticated mail programs. If we don’t adapt, we won’t win.”

Since it seems the idiot in the WH and his red state minions are intent on dragging this pandemic on forever, let his infected, sick and dying base besties go share their 'good cheer' at the polls.  IMPOTUS can scream and protest all he wants in November about fraud, but come January, it won't change who is standing up there taking the oath of office.  

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png