Rethink your job search with the AARP job board. Find opportunities for experienced workers today.

Reply
Moderator
0
Kudos
283
Views

Re: MY IRISH EYES ARE SMILING BUT THE REST OF ME.............

283 Views
Message 1 of 27

Thank you for your participation. This thread is now closed.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
283
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
289
Views

Re: MY IRISH EYES ARE SMILING BUT THE REST OF ME.............

289 Views
Message 2 of 27

@alferdpacker wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

as well as the following statement that disrespects eveyone who ever served in uniform -

 


--

I don't feel disrespected anymore from him than those like Clinton who pulled some slick moves to avoid the draft.   Or those who complain about him but in a sense avoided military service when they could have enlisted instead of waiting for the draft. 

 

But isn't this somewhat off topic?

 

As far as Trump being from Scotland, in my genealogical research I find that there are indications that the Irish Celtics originally came from Scotland.  On one side of my ancestry we are predominently Irish.


Taking it even further off topic, are you?


Seems to be a normal thing for the Right to do.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
289
Views
Moderator
0
Kudos
292
Views

Re: MY IRISH EYES ARE SMILING BUT THE REST OF ME.............

292 Views
Message 3 of 27

Hi all,

This thread is starting to get off-topic. While you may have different opinions, please remember to be respectful of one another as our guidelines state: This is a diverse community of people with diverse opinions. It is up to each of us to be polite and treat each other with respect.

You can read the full guidelines here: http://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Thanks and happy posting!

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
292
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
300
Views

Re: MY IRISH EYES ARE SMILING BUT THE REST OF ME.............

300 Views
Message 4 of 27

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

as well as the following statement that disrespects eveyone who ever served in uniform -

 


--

I don't feel disrespected anymore from him than those like Clinton who pulled some slick moves to avoid the draft.   Or those who complain about him but in a sense avoided military service when they could have enlisted instead of waiting for the draft. 

 

But isn't this somewhat off topic?

 

As far as Trump being from Scotland, in my genealogical research I find that there are indications that the Irish Celtics originally came from Scotland.  On one side of my ancestry we are predominently Irish.


Taking it even further off topic, are you?

44>45
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
300
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
307
Views

Re: MY IRISH EYES ARE SMILING BUT THE REST OF ME.............

307 Views
Message 5 of 27

@fangoh45 wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Actually, nctarheel - #45 isn't in the least Irish - the man-baby's mother was an economic immigrant from Scotland, not Ireland, and the Germanic male side of his family had established a tradition of NOT serving their country in uniform.

 

 

 

 


Thank you, good sir.  Saved me time and effort this day.  Puddinhead Wilson would approve.


How  can any lib criticize one for not serving their country, yet idolize for eight years, an individual who years earlier enjoyed relaxing, hanging out and smoking weed while others of the same age were doing close order drill and PT and serving their country.


"Libs" aren't profoundly handicapped by conservative prejudice, bigotry and bias, and don't have cognitive dissonance to interfere with habitually reasoning logically and rationally... 

 

BTW - if close order drill is so valuable, why don't all the Generals, Admirals, etc in the Pentagon do it every morning?

 

44>45
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
307
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
312
Views

Re: MY IRISH EYES ARE SMILING BUT THE REST OF ME.............

312 Views
Message 6 of 27

@alferdpacker wrote:

as well as the following statement that disrespects eveyone who ever served in uniform -

 


--

I don't feel disrespected anymore from him than those like Clinton who pulled some slick moves to avoid the draft.   Or those who complain about him but in a sense avoided military service when they could have enlisted instead of waiting for the draft. 

 

But isn't this somewhat off topic?

 

As far as Trump being from Scotland, in my genealogical research I find that there are indications that the Irish Celtics originally came from Scotland.  On one side of my ancestry we are predominently Irish.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
312
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
315
Views

Re: MY IRISH EYES ARE SMILING BUT THE REST OF ME.............

315 Views
Message 7 of 27

@umbarch64 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Actually, nctarheel - #45 isn't in the least Irish - the man-baby's mother was an economic immigrant from Scotland, not Ireland, and the Germanic male side of his family had established a tradition of NOT serving their country in uniform.

 

 

 

 


Thank you, good sir.  Saved me time and effort this day.  Puddinhead Wilson would approve.


How  can any lib criticize one for not serving their country, yet idolize for eight years, an individual who years earlier enjoyed relaxing, hanging out and smoking weed while others of the same age were doing close order drill and PT and serving their country.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
315
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
318
Views

Re: MY IRISH EYES ARE SMILING BUT THE REST OF ME.............

318 Views
Message 8 of 27

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:



The truth is that Trump was a blatant draft dodger.



--

What does it matter today?  There were many who avoided the draft in some way or the other. 

 

What about those who came of age after the draft ended?  Did they rush down to join the military?

 

Clinton also managed to avoid being drafted.  Did Obama serve in the military?


How about the fact that the pathological liar can't even remember which foot the entirely imaginary "bone spurs" were on - as well as the following statement that disrespects eveyone who ever served in uniform -

Trump: Sex is "my personal Vietnam - I'm like a great & brave soldier" ('97) - YouTube

Bedding innumerable skanks is the equivalent of military service and combat?  

The man-baby has always been more than a bubble off plumb.

 

44>45
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
318
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
325
Views

Re: MY IRISH EYES ARE SMILING BUT THE REST OF ME.............

325 Views
Message 9 of 27

@ChasKy53 wrote:



The truth is that Trump was a blatant draft dodger.



--

What does it matter today?  There were many who avoided the draft in some way or the other. 

 

What about those who came of age after the draft ended?  Did they rush down to join the military?

 

Clinton also managed to avoid being drafted.  Did Obama serve in the military?

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
325
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
332
Views

Re: MY IRISH EYES ARE SMILING BUT THE REST OF ME.............

332 Views
Message 10 of 27

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

President Trump served in the same army as Clinton and Obama, so can we get passed this non-point?


Trying to justify Trump's actions? It's not working.


Justifying???? No. Just introducing truth into the discussion.


The truth is that Trump was a blatant draft dodger.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
332
Views