Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Kudos
Views

Re: MY IRISH EYES ARE SMILING BUT THE REST OF ME.............

Message 1 of 27

Thank you for your participation. This thread is now closed.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 27

@alferdpacker wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

as well as the following statement that disrespects eveyone who ever served in uniform -

--

I don't feel disrespected anymore from him than those like Clinton who pulled some slick moves to avoid the draft.   Or those who complain about him but in a sense avoided military service when they could have enlisted instead of waiting for the draft. 

But isn't this somewhat off topic?

As far as Trump being from Scotland, in my genealogical research I find that there are indications that the Irish Celtics originally came from Scotland.  On one side of my ancestry we are predominently Irish.

Taking it even further off topic, are you?

Seems to be a normal thing for the Right to do.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 27

Hi all,

This thread is starting to get off-topic. While you may have different opinions, please remember to be respectful of one another as our guidelines state: This is a diverse community of people with diverse opinions. It is up to each of us to be polite and treat each other with respect.

You can read the full guidelines here: http://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Thanks and happy posting!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 27

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

as well as the following statement that disrespects eveyone who ever served in uniform -

--

I don't feel disrespected anymore from him than those like Clinton who pulled some slick moves to avoid the draft.   Or those who complain about him but in a sense avoided military service when they could have enlisted instead of waiting for the draft. 

As far as Trump being from Scotland, in my genealogical research I find that there are indications that the Irish Celtics originally came from Scotland.  On one side of my ancestry we are predominently Irish.

Taking it even further off topic, are you?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 27

@fangoh45 wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Actually, nctarheel - #45 isn't in the least Irish - the man-baby's mother was an economic immigrant from Scotland, not Ireland, and the Germanic male side of his family had established a tradition of NOT serving their country in uniform.

Thank you, good sir.  Saved me time and effort this day.  Puddinhead Wilson would approve.

How  can any lib criticize one for not serving their country, yet idolize for eight years, an individual who years earlier enjoyed relaxing, hanging out and smoking weed while others of the same age were doing close order drill and PT and serving their country.

"Libs" aren't profoundly handicapped by conservative prejudice, bigotry and bias, and don't have cognitive dissonance to interfere with habitually reasoning logically and rationally... 

BTW - if close order drill is so valuable, why don't all the Generals, Admirals, etc in the Pentagon do it every morning?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 27

@alferdpacker wrote:

--

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 27

@umbarch64 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Actually, nctarheel - #45 isn't in the least Irish - the man-baby's mother was an economic immigrant from Scotland, not Ireland, and the Germanic male side of his family had established a tradition of NOT serving their country in uniform.

Thank you, good sir.  Saved me time and effort this day.  Puddinhead Wilson would approve.

How  can any lib criticize one for not serving their country, yet idolize for eight years, an individual who years earlier enjoyed relaxing, hanging out and smoking weed while others of the same age were doing close order drill and PT and serving their country.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 27

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

The truth is that Trump was a blatant draft dodger.

--

What does it matter today?  There were many who avoided the draft in some way or the other. 

What about those who came of age after the draft ended?  Did they rush down to join the military?

Clinton also managed to avoid being drafted.  Did Obama serve in the military?

How about the fact that the pathological liar can't even remember which foot the entirely imaginary "bone spurs" were on - as well as the following statement that disrespects eveyone who ever served in uniform -

Trump: Sex is "my personal Vietnam - I'm like a great & brave soldier" ('97) - YouTube

Bedding innumerable skanks is the equivalent of military service and combat?  

The man-baby has always been more than a bubble off plumb.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 27

@ChasKy53 wrote:

--

What does it matter today?  There were many who avoided the draft in some way or the other. 

What about those who came of age after the draft ended?  Did they rush down to join the military?

Clinton also managed to avoid being drafted.  Did Obama serve in the military?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 27

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

President Trump served in the same army as Clinton and Obama, so can we get passed this non-point?

Trying to justify Trump's actions? It's not working.

Justifying???? No. Just introducing truth into the discussion.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views