Honored Social Butterfly

MURKOWSKI STATEMENT

MURKOWSKI STATEMENT

“I worked for a fair, honest, and transparent process, modeled after the Clinton trial, to provide ample time for both sides to present their cases, ask thoughtful questions, and determine whether we need more.

“The House chose to send articles of impeachment that are rushed and flawed. I carefully considered the need for additional witnesses and documents, to cure the shortcomings of its process, but ultimately decided that I will vote against considering motions to subpoena.

“Given the partisan nature of this impeachment from the very beginning and throughout, I have come to the conclusion that there will be no fair trial in the Senate. I don’t believe the continuation of this process will change anything. It is sad for me to admit that, as an institution, the Congress has failed.

“It has also become clear some of my colleagues intend to further politicize this process, and drag the Supreme Court into the fray, while attacking the Chief Justice. I will not stand for nor support that effort. We have already degraded this institution for partisan political benefit, and I will not enable those who wish to pull down another.

“We are sadly at a low point of division in this country.”

VIMTSTL
Honored Social Butterfly

"The US House had their chance and now they are crying because they can not tell the Senate on how to run the trial." 

All conservatives know is talking points......spew same old same old, then rinse and repeat. Easier than original thought, but still tiresome.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I'm NOT a Democrat. It isn't about the Dems losing, it's about America and our Democracy losing. Besides, the Dems didn't lose, it was the Republicans who will lose in the long run. They won the battle, but I think the majority of Americans will be outraged because there was NO trial. Americans believe in fairness and doing things the right way. 

If I'm wrong, we are well on our way to livng in a Trump dictatorship.

The real irony is Trump Cult members repeatedly said there was nothing to this impeachment. But if that was true, why were they so terrified about admitting evidence and allowing witnesses to testify? The answer's obvious.

Honored Social Butterfly

Murkowski should focus on blaming trump, not the House or the Dems. He has caused all of this. 
And in their anti patriot moves, support of trump is supporting putin and the russian propaganda machine. 
This non trial coverup will backfire on the repubs...hide and watch! Revenge is best served cold!

And @jimc91  We're not sore losers, we just want payback for all the lies and law breaking!

Social Butterfly

She did this nation a diservace by not allowing ALL of the information to come forth.  What was she afraid of?  Lets have it all on the table, and daven it out. 

They should not be voting on the performance of the prosecuters nor the defense, but the evidence, and if there is more evidence to be considered, then lets have it. 

This trial is way bigger than she is, and unfortunatley she is going to look bad in retrospect. 

The Republicans are going to lose the Senate when Trump loses the election. 

And where will she be? Not able to pass a turd on Capitol hill, in behalf of Alaska

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

If you want to see a seriously pathetic Fox/Trump World argument, please read the following.

"The US House had their chance and now they are crying because they can not tell the Senate on how to run the trial."

This is not grammar school where kids argue about who sets the rules. A trial in America means INTRODUCING EVIDENCE and CALLING WITNESSES. Without those two components, it is not a trial, it's a DICTATORSHIP.

Social Butterfly

The Ministry of Peace concerns itself with war, the Ministry of Truth with lies, the Ministry of Love with torture and the Ministry of Plenty with starvation. These contradictions are not accidental, nor do they result from ordinary hypocrisy: they are deliberate exercises in doublethink.

— Part II, Chapter IX

George Orwell: 1984

Honored Social Butterfly

Why is it that dimms just do not know how to lose gracefully, regroup,reflect and then move on with a positive message?

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

"we are sadly at a low point of division in this country", yes Lisa you are correct and that started with the election of Donald Trump!!!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

The US House had their chance and now they are crying because they can not tell the Senate on how to run the trial.

Time for them to get back to work!
Honored Social Butterfly

and the cover up is complete. My hope is this predictable outcome energizes ANYONE who values what little democracy we have left in this country to show up at the polls in november!!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

This is a perfect example illustrating the INSANITY of Trump World taking over America and our way of life.. 

One can't call WITNESSESS or INTRODUCE EVIDENCE at a Trial. What? Is that really happening in our country?

That's how business is conducted in a DICTATORSHIP, this is not how America is supposed to operate.

Honored Social Butterfly

Alexander Statement on Impeachment Witness Vote

Washington, D.C., January 30, 2020

“I worked with other senators to make sure that we have the right to ask for more documents and witnesses, but there is no need for more evidence to prove something that has already been proven and that does not meet the United States Constitution’s high bar for an impeachable offense. …The Constitution does not give the Senate the power to remove the president from office and ban him from this year’s ballot simply for actions that are inappropriate. 

“The question then is not whether the president did it, but whether the United States Senate or the American people should decide what to do about what he did. I believe that the Constitution provides that the people should make that decision in the presidential election that begins in Iowa on Monday. …Our founding documents provide for duly elected presidents who serve with ‘the consent of the governed,’ not at the pleasure of the United States Congress. Let the people decide.” – Senator Lamar Alexander 

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

People: Read the statements posted in here from the Reb. members of the Senate. They tell us Trump did what the house charged, and the house proved it. Even though Trump is guilty as charged by the house they will not vote to remove him from Office. They say let the people do that in Nov. if they agree with what we say. In other words the Reb. Senators (at least some) are punting since the mob boss Trump might end their time in Office or worse. Well do what they say and get rid of Trump in Nov.

The Trump enablers do not understand what the statements really say, and that is why they posted them in here.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png