Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 11 of 27

Once again the RW wants to selectivily read and pretend their incomplete distorted version is the whole story.

No, nobody said AARP members were KKK. What it said was most KKK members are mostly white, UNEDUCATED, POOR AND GULIBLE older folks. The wingers chose to ignore the UNEDUCATED POOR AND GULIBLE parts and claim the post was abourt older white people in general.

The Republicans here have no actual arguments, only slipery distortions.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 27

@john258wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

That is a very nice long post on Russia and how their people feel. The only problem is that this subject as used in here is a fake subject. It was started in here and all over the web by the Russians who control our Far right. They put the orders out to their followers and they post what they are told. The followers have no ideas of their own. Experts tell us the far right is Older, mostly white (KKK Type), uneducated, low income, easy to lead. It would be great to have a real back and forth among thinking people but sadly when the subject is started by the far right that can not happen since truth will always be missing from the far right. One just wastes their time trying to have a real back and forth with the far right. We do not even know if a far right subject was not started by a BOT. I hope the time will arrive that all subjects will be real and then a thoughtful answer such as yours will mean something.

They put the orders out to their followers and they post what they are told  Sounds like you are on the mailing list - I'm not.

I am older, I am white - to you that makes me a "KKK type". Do you ever think before you type? That is a highly offensive thing to say to the majority of your fellow AARPers.

Not true . So you now say most in AARP fit the description the experts give us on the far right. No that is not true most are thinking people, and it proves my point about the far right and who they are. Thank you for doing that.

Your words - "Experts tell us the far right is Older, mostly white (KKK Type)". Are you claiming that the "experts" included the "(KKK Type)"?

I doubt it. So it was you being offensive (as usual).

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 27

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

That is a very nice long post on Russia and how their people feel. The only problem is that this subject as used in here is a fake subject. It was started in here and all over the web by the Russians who control our Far right. They put the orders out to their followers and they post what they are told. The followers have no ideas of their own. Experts tell us the far right is Older, mostly white (KKK Type), uneducated, low income, easy to lead. It would be great to have a real back and forth among thinking people but sadly when the subject is started by the far right that can not happen since truth will always be missing from the far right. One just wastes their time trying to have a real back and forth with the far right. We do not even know if a far right subject was not started by a BOT. I hope the time will arrive that all subjects will be real and then a thoughtful answer such as yours will mean something.

They put the orders out to their followers and they post what they are told  Sounds like you are on the mailing list - I'm not.

I am older, I am white - to you that makes me a "KKK type". Do you ever think before you type? That is a highly offensive thing to say to the majority of your fellow AARPers.

Not true . So you now say most in AARP fit the description the experts give us on the far right. No that is not true most are thinking people, and it proves my point about the far right and who they are. Thank you for doing that.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 27

Well, actually...I was only addressing the source's credentials, not the implications the title of the post or the poster himself made, altough I could have.  His other sources have lacked credentials and objectivity.  I've called that out.  I thought it the ethical thing was to do the same when the credentials for the cited source appeared sound. How the piece got used is another issue.  I am not a partisan hack and don't knowingly do that kind of thing, especially since I criticize that practice so severely.

It is not a straight newspiece, but an op-ed.   I frankly don't know how accurate the opinion and the facts cited in it may be.  The accuracy of the spin put on it is questionable, however.

Anyway....that's what I meant to do.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 27

@john258wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 27

@gordyflwrote:

I always thought from the beginning of this "Russian thing" that the Russian people would favor Bernie Sanders over Hillary. 

Some might remember Bernie was accused of being pro-Russia during the early part of his campaign, not only by conservative talk show hosts, but also by pro-Hillary media. I remember hearing remarks about Bernie having a Russian flag in his Burlington mayoral office. It all stemmed from this:

In 1956, President Eisenhower launched the program that a decade later would be called Sister Cities International, a program still in existence today. The idea was to promote peace and understanding through connections between cities in the United States and, at first, Western Europe. The program soon spread. In 1973, Seattle became a sister city of Tashkent, the capital of Uzbekistan, then under Soviet rule. Other U.S.-Soviet sister cities soon followed despite the tensions of the Cold War.

In 1988, Burlington sistered with Yaroslavl, a city 160 miles north of Moscow. That was the same year Sanders married his second wife, Jane. In fact, the day after they married, they headed out to Yaroslavl. So, one could call it a honeymoon, and the pair have both done so, but jokingly or sarcastically. The reason for that is that they didn't go alone. There were 10 other people from Burlington who went with them. It was a trip dotted with diplomacy, official meetings and numerous interviews. Not most people's idea of a honeymoon getaway.
As the Tampa Bay Times Pundit Fact feature reported:
In a 2007 interview, Jane Sanders also recalled the peculiar timing: “The day after we got married, we marched in a Memorial Day parade, and then we took off in a plane to start the sister city project with Yaroslavl with 10 other people on my honeymoon.”

Sanders' trip to the Soviet Union was part of his official duties as mayor of Burlington, Vermont.

While Bernie may have had the hearts of the Russian people, in some ways, Hillary was liked by the Russians in the same way that Americans liked Nikita Khrushchev.

It could also be Trump had support from some Russian oligarchs, perhaps some friends of Paul Manafort or Michael Flynn, who would prefer Trump over Hillary. The Mueller investigation may lead to this.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 27

I always thought from the beginning of this "Russian thing" that the Russian people would favor Bernie Sanders over Hillary. 

Some might remember Bernie was accused of being pro-Russia during the early part of his campaign, not only by conservative talk show hosts, but also by pro-Hillary media. I remember hearing remarks about Bernie having a Russian flag in his Burlington mayoral office. It all stemmed from this:

In 1956, President Eisenhower launched the program that a decade later would be called Sister Cities International, a program still in existence today. The idea was to promote peace and understanding through connections between cities in the United States and, at first, Western Europe. The program soon spread. In 1973, Seattle became a sister city of Tashkent, the capital of Uzbekistan, then under Soviet rule. Other U.S.-Soviet sister cities soon followed despite the tensions of the Cold War.

In 1988, Burlington sistered with Yaroslavl, a city 160 miles north of Moscow. That was the same year Sanders married his second wife, Jane. In fact, the day after they married, they headed out to Yaroslavl. So, one could call it a honeymoon, and the pair have both done so, but jokingly or sarcastically. The reason for that is that they didn't go alone. There were 10 other people from Burlington who went with them. It was a trip dotted with diplomacy, official meetings and numerous interviews. Not most people's idea of a honeymoon getaway.
As the Tampa Bay Times Pundit Fact feature reported:
In a 2007 interview, Jane Sanders also recalled the peculiar timing: “The day after we got married, we marched in a Memorial Day parade, and then we took off in a plane to start the sister city project with Yaroslavl with 10 other people on my honeymoon.”

Sanders' trip to the Soviet Union was part of his official duties as mayor of Burlington, Vermont.

While Bernie may have had the hearts of the Russian people, in some ways, Hillary was liked by the Russians in the same way that Americans liked Nikita Khrushchev.

It could also be Trump had support from some Russian oligarchs, perhaps some friends of Paul Manafort or Michael Flynn, who would prefer Trump over Hillary. The Mueller investigation may lead to this.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 27

@jimc91wrote:

by Colin Kalmbacher

The Russian trolls indicted by Robert Mueller last Friday had one political pundit they favored above all others: liberal MSNBC host Joy-Ann Reid.

Much hay has been made of Russian troll support for various U.S. political figures—such as then-candidate Donald Trump, who received the lion’s share of retweets from the Saint Petersburg-based troll farm during the 2016 election.

A compendium of those tweets put together by NBC News shows that Trump’s verified Twitter account (@realDonaldTrump) received 578 such retweets from the Olgino Trolls over the course of the 2016 election cycle.

That’s a hefty number and the media response has been more or less commensurate.

Oppositely, an arguably inordinate amount of media attention has focused on the literally dozens of retweets gifted to Bernie Sanders’ official Senate account (@SenSanders) by the so-called kremlebots.

In sum, Sanders received 27 such retweets from the Russia-based trolls across all of 2016. In turn, multiple mainstream media headlines did some heavy lifting in an apparent bid to balance things out.

Vox went with: “Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders, and Jill Stein all appear to have been helped by Russian election inte....” Meanwhile, Politico chose,Sanders silent on claim that Russians backed him in 2016. And, USA Today went with, “Indictment: Russia also helped Bernie Sanders, Jill Stein in election.” 

And so on.

Reports of the Sanders’-specific trolling immediately led to re-hashing the 2016 Democratic presidential primary across various social media platforms. Sanders’ harshest critics, like Hillary Clinton aficionado Wom Tatson, leapt at the opportunity to cast aspersionsabout what Sanders knew and when.

Somewhat lost in the flood of recriminations, however, was news that the Russian trolls favored one political pundit far in excess of their support for Sanders—and roughly half as much as Donald Trump.

(Of course, Sanders and Trump are explicitly mentioned in Mueller’s indictment. Reid is not. This could explain some of the media coverage.)

According to an analysis of the raw data by Law&Crime, Joy-Ann Reid–recently and glowingly profiled as a heroine of the #Resistance by the New York Times–received some 267 total retweets by the private sector Russian troll brigade.

The next closest pundit favored by the Russian trolls was Sean Hannity–who received only a handful of their retweets during the 2016 election.

Was Reid aware of her Cyrillic-tinged media boosting? Did Reid herself receive payment for her Russian troll-favored work? Both circumstances are highly unlikely, but certainly worth exploring if the Russian links and interference are as serious as most liberals–Reid herself among them–contend. In any event, these questions are worth asking out loud.

Reid’s signal-boosting care of the Facebook bear is slightly ironic.

Reid, the host of AM Joy has long been one of the most vociferous Russiagaters and shows no signs of stopping. On Sunday, she tweeted, “Russia has played this game before — pretending to empathize with Black Americans’ plight as a way of playing them and stripping them of their rights. The Russian government is not our friend — NONE of us.” Reid was also heavily mocked after she tweeted that Russia is still communist in 2016–it is/was not.

In fact, Joy-Ann Reid has made somewhat of a sport out of criticizing Sanders’ over the Russian issue in particular. Last year, she criticized Sanders and his supporters for repeating claims of Democratic National Committee fraud as little more than a Russian plot.

All in all, Reid was elevated by Russian trolls above Sanders by a ratio of roughly five-to-one.

https://lawandcrime.com/legal-analysis/msnbc-host-joy-ann-reid-was-apparently-russian-trolls-favorit...

Why should it be a surprise to any thinking person that the far right masters in Russia would watch Joy R. She tells the truth so they want to make sure when they issue their orders to the Far Right leaders in the US they tell them what to counter. Keep in mind the far right followers we are told be experts are uneducated, easy to lead, etc. That means they will always put out what they are told to.

Now some real news. Did you see where the far right hate group leaders are making up lies about the Kids in FL who are pushing to stop school shootings. Some of the web sites they post to are in the process of taking their posts down. Lets hope all web sites take down the lies posted by the far right. Could be we might see the thinking people of FL take back their state from the far right who now control it. Lets hope for it.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 27

@Roxanna35wrote:

@umbarch64wrote:

Colin Kalmbacher is a journalist for Law and Crime Network and editor of LawNewz. He is associated with Muck Rack, a source  of information for journalists.  LawNewz is one of the many creations of Dan Abrams, a former ABC analyst.  Near as I can tell from background information the above are reputable and credible.  Lis Wiehl recently joined the organization as reporter.  She is a former legal analyst for Fox to whom a $32M settlement was paid for sexual harassment claims against Bill O'Reilly.  She appears to have credentials that are reputable as well. This source appears to have reputable credentials.

So you are saying that  what  this person is saying is that this woman is a Russian agent  paid by the Russians to disseminate false information?
and why hasn't she been arrested for treason? Isn't that what the title of this thread is intimating?

Well - considering that Jill Stein is unquestionably one of Putin's "useful idiots" - being influenced by and uncritically believing Russian bots is just another one of trump's finer points...

According to the hair-on-fire founder of the crackpot John Birch Society (rude snigger), Eisenhower was in Welch's opinion most likely a borderline treasonous communist controlled agent...

One just has to chose whether and if one believes which kind of delusional extreme right fringe crackpottery...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 27

@Olderscout66wrote:

More mindless drone-stuff from the NRAGOP. Here's what all that tripe really means:

1. Supporting Bernie and Jill is support for Der Trumper because NONE of those folks would've voted for Lemontop BUT were convinced to not vote for Hillary because of the Russian slanders.

2. Re-Tweets of negative comments about Bernie do NOT "support" Reid, they enrage Bernie supporters AGAINST HILLARY.

3. Russia never was Communist - it was and is TOTALITARIAN

4. A brief perusal of the "raw data" shows that the Russians retweeted

over 2,934 Pro-Trump posts, of which 578 came from Der Trump hizzelf.1,397 racist/anti-black posts, 167 anti-Islam posts and 534 anti-Hillary posts, and that's just looking at the first 420 entries.

Bottom line is that NRAGOP has put out the words for their dupes to say, and the dupes are saying them without bothering to check much of anything.

1. Do you have data on that or is it more mind reading?

2. The same - where is your analysis?

3. True - it was the result of the the nativity of thinking you can implement Marxism and not get Stalin.

4. Who cares what they retweeted? The racist/anti-black is your biased assumption.

I do not take my orders from the NRA - but I do wonder where you get your Marxist marching orders.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors