Eye scans and gene editing are among the new frontiers in Alzheimer’s research! Learn more in AARP’s report on medical breakthroughs.

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MORE SCHOOL CHILDREN KILLED THAN SOLDIERS AT WAR

Message 1 of 13

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@myexperwrote:

I am posting my opinion and putting your post about casualties by rifle fire into perspective.  There will never be a consensus to constitutional solutions as long as this is made a partisan issue.  It deserves to be non-partisan.

"IT" can't be non-partisan when the NRA has already purchased Republican legislators and Trump!

What does the NRA have to do with children killed in wars? 

I NEVER stated nor advanced any such argument Tex!  Hence, just another one of YOUR usual straw man arguments!

"It" has to do with YOUR post and YOUR claim about a "partisan issue".

Please read what YOU have previously posted instead of making unwarranted accusatory questions!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 13

Hey the good news is that the DOD is running out of bombs and the lack of planning means that there is no way for the few remaining compainies to ramp up their production AND there are very few new manufacturers in the pipeline....maybe the US will go back to using people and bullets....that should make the ignoble bsers happy as then they can compare apples to apples.  

In the meantime all the distraction noise should be ignored.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 13

@Centristsin2010wrote:

Not every combat casualty is due to rifle fire as is indicated in your source.  There are those due to landmines, IEDs, and other explosions.  They are included in military casualties.  Yep, there are.  And even with all of those additions to the military death toll, STILL more children are killed in our schools.

How many children have been killed in other countries due to land mines left behind by our military?  Since you brought it up, how many, Tex? Maybe you could create a topic on the subject.

Even considering that more schoolchildren have been killed then soldiers, then also consider that soldiers are trained in defensive measures, armed for defensive measures and are not sitting in classrooms in a defenselessness situation.  

And the military puts themselves in a hazardous situation where school students are in a situtuation of learning not fighting.

So what's the point of comparison.  Case closed.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 13

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@mandm84wrote:

http://www.newsweek.com/gun-violence-children-killed-sandy-hook-military-soldiers-war-terror-911-848...

Since the Massacre of 26 at Sandy Hook in 2012 , more of our children have been killed here at home , than soldiers fighting at War.

When does this madness end ?

Not every combat casualty is due to rifle fire as is indicated in your source.  There are those due to landmines, IEDs, and other explosions.  They are included in military casualties.  Yep, there are.  And even with all of those additions to the military death toll, STILL more children are killed in our schools.

How many children have been killed in other countries due to land mines left behind by our military?  Since you brought it up, how many, Tex? Maybe you could create a topic on the subject.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 13

@myexperwrote:

I am posting my opinion and putting your post about casualties by rifle fire into perspective.  There will never be a consensus to constitutional solutions as long as this is made a partisan issue.  It deserves to be non-partisan.

"IT" can't be non-partisan when the NRA has already purchased Republican legislators and Trump!

What does the NRA have to do with children killed in wars? 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 13

Please stop with the false equivalency - it makes those pushing that 'information" as out of touch with reality.    One has to wonder how many of those "killed by bombs in foreign countries" were US bombs .  

Back on Topic:   

RICHMOND — A toddler died Tuesday after he was accidentally shot by his 4-year-old brother in Louisa County.

The boy was one of two toddlers killed in a gun accident in Virginia on Tuesday. In Roanoke, a 2-year-old died after he shot himself. The deaths follow an additional accidental shooting of a child this month — a Henrico County 4-year-old fatally shot himself just two weeks ago.

About 10:45 a.m. Tuesday, the Louisa County Sheriff’s Office responded to a home on Bakers Branch Road where a 2-year-old boy had been shot once in the chest and was unresponsive.

Yes, slightly off topic because these 2 dead children were not even school age.  http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/local/two--year-olds-killed-in-accidental-shootings-in-louisa/arti...

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 13

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@mandm84wrote:

Again avoid the issue with side distractions , so nothing gets solved. I know just more thoughts and prayers for the victims of gun violence on our streets and schools , but no changes to reduce the bloodshed. Our civilians being slaughtered on our streets and schools is a little different than War Zone casualties or are you calling our streets and schools - War Zones Tex ?

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 13

@mandm84wrote:

Again avoid the issue with side distractions , so nothing gets solved. I know just more thoughts and prayers for the victims of gun violence on our streets and schools , but no changes to reduce the bloodshed. Our civilians being slaughtered on our streets and schools is a little different than War Zone casualties or are you calling our streets and schools - War Zones Tex ?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 13

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 13

@mandm84wrote:

http://www.newsweek.com/gun-violence-children-killed-sandy-hook-military-soldiers-war-terror-911-848...

Since the Massacre of 26 at Sandy Hook in 2012 , more of our children have been killed here at home , than soldiers fighting at War.

When does this madness end ?

Not every combat casualty is due to rifle fire as is indicated in your source.  There are those due to landmines, IEDs, and other explosions.  They are included in military casualties.  Where does that madness end?

How many children have been killed in other countries due to land mines left behind by our military?  Now that you've brought the military into discussions?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22