Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MGM Sues 1000 Victims of Vegas Massacre

Message 1 of 4

Sorry, I just don't see the responsibility. If you want to sue the gunshops who sold the firearms and the bump stocks, I am down with that but not the MGM. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

@Richva wrote:

I have to side with MGM on this one.  They are not suing for damages but  to stop a ton of lawsuits in advance.  My first thought is the gun industry is more to blame than MGM but the court will decide if MGM should be shielded.  

They are refusing any responsibility......................they are trying to blame the Security Company they hired......................this Killer was a Regular High Roller - they made a ton of money off of him - so much so they comped him his Suite Meals Transportation Etc. - if a huge corporation is not compelled to do better with some financial and public shaming - than these things will continue to have little in the way of obstacles preventing them from happening.....................

The Station Nightclub Fire - killed 100 and injured another 200 - Cause - Negligence

Numerous violations of existing codes contributed to the calamity, triggering an immediate effort to strengthen fire code protections. Within weeks of the disaster, an emergency meeting was called for the National Fire Protection Association committee handling code for "assembly occupancies".

Based upon its work, Tentative Interim Amendments (TIAs) were issued for the national standard "Life Safety Code" (NFPA 101), in July 2003.

The TIAs required automatic fire sprinklers in all nightclubs and similar locations with 100 or more occupants, plus additional crowd manager personnel, among other things.

These TIAs were subsequently incorporated into the 2006 edition of NFPA 101, along with additional exit requirements for new nightclub occupancies.[44] It is left for each state or local jurisdiction to legally enact and enforce the current code changes.

MGM needs to feel some pain and other Venues need to see it happen........................

One Hotel Guest - 10 Huge Suitcases - Staff saw it all - even helped move the Guns - no one said anything - why - Greed & Profit was their motivation - not the safety of Guests Neighbors or anyone else

You see something - you say something - if you don't - there should be some responsiblity if dozens die

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

I have to side with MGM on this one.  They are not suing for damages but  to stop a ton of lawsuits in advance.  My first thought is the gun industry is more to blame than MGM but the court will decide if MGM should be shielded.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

MGM Sues 1000 Victims of Vegas Massacre

Message 4 of 4

CNN)Disgust and anger underscored the words from survivors and families of the Las Vegas mass shooting victims during a press conference Monday as they responded to MGM Resorts International filing two lawsuits against the victims in an effort to shield the company from liability.

Filed Friday, the lawsuit named more than 1,000 defendants, many of them people who were wounded or otherwise injured during the rampage or are relatives of those who were killed. The entertainment giant is not seeking monetary damages but, citing a federal law, asks the courts to protect it from legal actions filed by the victims.

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors