Honored Social Butterfly

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!’ President Trump, First Lady Share Holiday Greetings

President Trump wished Americans a "Merry Christmas" in a video message he posted to Twitter on Monday morning.

"My fellow Americans, Melania and I are delighted to wish America and the entire world a very Merry Christmas," Trump says in the video message.

"At this time of year, we see the best of America and the soul of the American people," Melania Trump says in the video.

President Trump says that in the season of joy, people spend time with their families, renew the "bonds of love and goodwill between our citizens" and celebrate the "miracle of Christmas."

"On behalf of Melania, myself, Barron and the entire Trump family, God bless you, God bless America, and have a very very merry Christmas and happy new year."

Trump is spending the Christmas holiday at his Mar-a-Lago resort.

On Saturday, he tweeted that people are "proud to be saying Merry Christmas again."

"I am proud to have led the charge against the assault of our cherished and beautiful phrase," Trump tweeted on Christmas Eve.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well stated. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

President Trump wished Americans a "Merry Christmas" in a video message he posted to Twitter on Monday morning.

"My fellow Americans, Melania and I are delighted to wish America and the entire world a very Merry Christmas," Trump says in the video message.

"At this time of year, we see the best of America and the soul of the American people," Melania Trump says in the video.

President Trump says that in the season of joy, people spend time with their families, renew the "bonds of love and goodwill between our citizens" and celebrate the "miracle of Christmas."

"On behalf of Melania, myself, Barron and the entire Trump family, God bless you, God bless America, and have a very very merry Christmas and happy new year."

Trump is spending the Christmas holiday at his Mar-a-Lago resort.

On Saturday, he tweeted that people are "proud to be saying Merry Christmas again."

"I am proud to have led the charge against the assault of our cherished and beautiful phrase," Trump tweeted on Christmas Eve.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well stated. 

No ... enormously misstated.

Instead of Trump's fictitious "assault", he should be "charging against the assault" on women by men like Trump himself .... The REAL assault Trump evades as he is part of it.

Instead of "charging against it", he condones it by supporting a fellow child predator for the Senate!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2- Remember the irrefutable fact is that Jesus never celebrated Christmas - but he did celebrate Passover, Hannukah and other non-christian observances - he never was a Christian, but was always a Jew wasn't he?

Isn't reality totally cool?

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

Hey, Remember in  1981 when Trump banned all Xmas decorations from his apartment house in NYC?  What a sweetheart, eh?

Honored Social Butterfly

by the time i was 20, ive said what i wanted when i wanted..other people be damned. I never stopped saying merry christmas..and i say all the other holiday greeting as appropriate. Soon, Trump will want people to say merry christmas instead of trick or treat.
So it begins.
Esteemed Social Butterfly

Saw that the racist bigot called soldiers too.  CNN had a clip of him telling a soldier, Merry Christmas, we can say that again, you know.”

First if all, not being able to say Merry Christmas is just so much BS—more moronic RWNJ diversion—believed by only those who are brain dead or totally delusional. 

Secondly—wonder what he told soldiers of the Jewish or Muslim faiths??

Difficult to watch this incredible STUPID. buffoon embarrass this country time and time again. 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Honored Social Butterfly

phyllisc6781 posted..

Saw thst the racist bigot and his called soldiers too. CNN had a clip of him telling a soldier, Merry Christmas, we can say that again, you know.”

First if all, not being able to say Merry Christmas is just so much BS—more moronic RWNJ diversion—believed by only those who are brain dead or totally delusional.

Secondly—wonder what he told soldiers of the Jewish or Muslim faiths??

Difficult to watch this incredible STUPID. buffoon embarrass this country time and time again.

=============================

Gee, your hate posts are getting very old .

""I am proud to have led the charge against the assault of our cherished and beautiful phrase," Trump tweeted on Christmas Eve."

I think most people would agree with that....enough of trashing people for saying Merry Christmas.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

I think most people would agree with that....enough of trashing people for saying Merry Christmas.

The only people being trashed are those who say "Happy Holidays". No one is being trashed for saying "Merry Christmas".

@Cirice—And what is wrong with happy holidays? Last I looked, despite trump’s best efforts, people in this country still have freedom of speech

. Why would I wish a Jewish person Merry Christmas?  

What if it was plain I was speaking from someone from another culture—why would Happy Holidays not be appropriate?

This is a non issue used to distract from the Russia investigation and/ or as a way to throw red meat to trump’s shrinking base. 

BTW, it's ok to trash trump because he wished people—A HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON?   Wow! What will the base say?

Social Butterfly

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

@Cirice—And what is wrong with happy holidays?

Absolutely nothing. Merry Christmas is only for people who celebrate Christmas. Happy Holidays is for everyone.

@Cirice—EXACTLY!!

Honored Social Butterfly

KidBoy2:

This is fascinating. You have been told that people are being trashed for saying Merry Christmas and you actually believe it?. Really? Has this ever happened to you or anyone you know? Didn't think so, because it doesn't happen anywhere except on Fox News (and other conservative sites). But if you think it's true, it's both funny and sad.

Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

""I am proud to have led the charge against the assault of our cherished and beautiful phrase," Trump tweeted on Christmas Eve."

Anyone who has a brain would NOT agree with Trump's tweet. There has never been an assault on the saying of "Merry Christmas" in this country. The only ones who claim that there has been are those who need another excuse to hate others.

Honored Social Butterfly

WHen did we stop saying Merry Christmas?

proof we didnt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn_pQyfT180&feature=youtu.be&t=116

Big bad Bill Oreilly may have SCARED you into not saying it, but not me.

So it begins.

@MIseker—BINGO!!!!!!

Oh for God’s sake—there was NEVER ANY threat to the phrase Merry Christmas—this is just more  propaganda put out raw and swallowed whole.  This is no more than another ridiculous and totally transparent lie put forth by a morally perverted liar. Sorry you wasted your time fighting for a cause that NEVER EXISTED.  

Hey Kid!! Did ya watch the video, or is that too much like the truth?

Speaking of hate—did you see that  your warped hero,  after all the Christmas feel good stuff, went after the credible press—Yeah, he can’t stand that the world will know the truth soon—most  already do—so the idiot continues to divert.

You voted for a fool who slithered down an escalator and vomited hatred toward those of Mexican descent.  And you tell me and others that posts which are true are hateful?

So, what do you think he said to those soldiers of Jewish and Muslim faiths? How about those who are transgendered?

And do you suppose he reminded them how he is striving to discredit some of the very things they are fighting for—like the free press, DOJ,  and a strong and respected country?

Your hero is a racist moron. Hate—no! Reality, yes!!  

But if it’s hate you are looking for, go listen to your hero, his discredited mouthpieces, or the ignorants who believe the fool in the WH.

There is an upside to trump’s stupidity—2018 mid-terms are looking better and better for those who still are in touch with reality and morality.

LOOK THERE—truth amongst all the lies and perversions put out by your hero and those who further spew his ridiculousness and, thereby; reinforce the absolute bizarro, crazy blatherings of  trump. 

Happy Kwanza!!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

phyllisc6781 posted..

Oh for God’s sake—there was NEVER ANY threat to the phrase Merry Christmas—

=========================

That shows you are not up to speed on what has gone up...that's OK I understand.

Merry Christmas!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:
phyllisc6781 posted..

That shows you are not up to speed on what has gone up...that's OK I understand.

Merry Christmas!

Gosh, you really should educate yourself on a topic before you post it.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
phyllisc6781 posted..

Merry Christmas!

Educating themselves on this topic is as far away from reality as is humanly possible. The reason being as follows......................

Those that continue to spread ANTI-SEMITIC and ANTI-MUSLIM drivel such as the "ATTACKS ON CHRISTMAS" are the same people who:

(1) Minimize THE FINAL SOLUTION of the Holocaust by saying plenty of people died in World War II, disregarding the position JEWS were in under Germany's future Reich. Total destruction.

(2) Agree that Muslims entering the United States need additional scrutiny over those that are Protestant, Catholic or other Christian denominations.

(3) Believe in JEWS as being world dominators.

(4) Populate most of the hate groups in the United States such as Aryan Nation, The KKK, and other White Supremacy groups.

Trump understands this is his base and throws out dog whistles on a constant basis to hear his minions bark. It has created a dangerous environment nationally and globally.

He needs to be removed from office, even by the military, if need be, before something irreversibly terrible occurs.

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
Honored Social Butterfly

@nctarheel wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
phyllisc6781 posted..

Merry Christmas!

Educating themselves on this topic is as far away from reality as is humanly possible. The reason being as follows......................

Those that continue to spread ANTI-SEMITIC and ANTI-MUSLIM drivel such as the "ATTACKS ON CHRISTMAS" are the same people who:

(1) Minimize THE FINAL SOLUTION of the Holocaust by saying plenty of people died in World War II, disregarding the position JEWS were in under Germany's future Reich. Total destruction.

(2) Agree that Muslims entering the United States need additional scrutiny over those that are Protestant, Catholic or other Christian denominations.

(4) Populate most of the hate groups in the United States such as Aryan Nation, The KKK, and other White Supremacy groups.

Trump understands this is his base and throws out dog whistles on a constant basis to hear his minions bark. It has created a dangerous environment nationally and globally.

He needs to be removed from office, even by the military, if need be, before something irreversibly terrible occurs.

Dog whistles, the Klan, Nazis, military overthrow of the government, Aryan nation, the FINAL SOLUTION - how sad it is that such hatred and negativity can be found in some even over the most pleasant and benign phrase, "Merry Christmas".

Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
phyllisc6781 posted..

Merry Christmas!

Dog whistles, the Klan, Nazis, military overthrow of the government, Aryan nation, the FINAL SOLUTION - how sad it is that such hatred and negativity can be found in some even over the most pleasant and benign phrase, "Merry Christmas".

Actually, the "sadness" exists when "some" take words out of context and insert their own words into the comments of others to contrive something to criticize!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!

Redacted

NON ISSUE—DIVERSION

trump and his mouthpieces made this a hate issue—to say otherwise—lies and once again, flights of fantasy. 

Honored Social Butterfly

phyllisc6781 posted..

NON ISSUE—DIVERSION

trump and his mouthpieces made this a hate issue—to say otherwise—lies and once again, flights of fantasy.

You and other Trump haters are the ones that are trying to make what he said a issue..that is shameful but SOP for you and your group.

FYI The thread is .... President Trump, First Lady Share Holiday Greetings.

Holiday greetings.

What day is December 25th...its Christmas day...Christmas day ... got it?
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

You and other Trump haters are the ones that are trying to make what he said a issue..that is shameful but SOP for you and your group.

Holiday greetings.

And what is Christmas day? It's a holiday! Got it?

No kid!  It was your stupid president who made this bit of ridiculousness an issue when he lied about Mr. Obama not  saying Merry Christmas, and then used it as a way to draw his less than intelligent base away from the fact that the Russian investigation is getting ever closer to him—ever wonder—- if this investigation is just a hoax why he spends so much time obssessing over it!!!  It’s fear!!

Good boy! You know the 25th of Dec. is Christmas day. That is one thing in your post that is true.

However, are you under the impression holiday greetings are only exchanged on the 25th? Hanukkah runs from Dec. 12-20th.  What about them, or because they have a different religion do they not count? 

Oh, BTW—this is a non issue. What it IS is DIVERSION.

Honored Social Butterfly

phyllisc6781 posted..

12-27-2017 01:25 PM
No kid! It was your stupid president who made this bit of ridiculousness an issue when he lied about Mr. Obama not saying Merry Christmas, and then used it as a way to draw his less than intelligent base away from the fact that the Russian investigation is getting ever closer to him—ever wonder—- if this investigation is just a hoax why he spends so much time obssessing over it!!! It’s fear!!

Good boy! You know the 25th of Dec. is Christmas day. That is one thing in your post that is true.

However, are you under the impression holiday greetings are only exchanged on the 25th? Hanukkah runs from Dec. 12-20th. What about them, or because they have a different religion do they not count?

Oh, BTW—this is a non issue. Whst it IS is DIVERSION.

Your post calling me Boy...racist!

Trump is not my President he is our President....and your many daily rants bashing him will not change that.

Holiday greetings. They are used many days before Christmas and now it's Happy News Years.

You keep bring up Hanukkah. Fine. But its not a legal holiday like Christmas. I think you can see the difference.

We have sent out Happy Hanukkah cards to our Jewish friends.

Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:
phyllisc6781 posted..

NON ISSUE—DIVERSION

Holiday greetings.

Actually, you made this an issue here by posting this topic. There is no "assault on Christmas".

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:
phyllisc6781 posted..

Merry Christmas!

I am curious. Are you saying people have been forced to give up wishing "Merry Christmas"? If so, by whom?

Or, are you saying people should be forced TO SAY "Merry Christmas"? 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png