Honored Social Butterfly

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!’ President Trump, First Lady Share Holiday Greetings

President Trump wished Americans a "Merry Christmas" in a video message he posted to Twitter on Monday morning.

"My fellow Americans, Melania and I are delighted to wish America and the entire world a very Merry Christmas," Trump says in the video message.

"At this time of year, we see the best of America and the soul of the American people," Melania Trump says in the video.

President Trump says that in the season of joy, people spend time with their families, renew the "bonds of love and goodwill between our citizens" and celebrate the "miracle of Christmas."

"On behalf of Melania, myself, Barron and the entire Trump family, God bless you, God bless America, and have a very very merry Christmas and happy new year."

Trump is spending the Christmas holiday at his Mar-a-Lago resort.

On Saturday, he tweeted that people are "proud to be saying Merry Christmas again."

"I am proud to have led the charge against the assault of our cherished and beautiful phrase," Trump tweeted on Christmas Eve.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well stated. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
phyllisc6781 posted..

Oh for God’s sake—there was NEVER ANY threat to the phrase Merry Christmas—

=========================

That shows you are not up to speed on what has gone up...that's OK I understand.

Merry Christmas!

Gosh, you really should educate yourself on a topic before you post it.

Educating themselves on this topic is as far away from reality as is humanly possible. The reason being as follows......................

Those that continue to spread ANTI-SEMITIC and ANTI-MUSLIM drivel such as the "ATTACKS ON CHRISTMAS" are the same people who:

(1) Minimize THE FINAL SOLUTION of the Holocaust by saying plenty of people died in World War II, disregarding the position JEWS were in under Germany's future Reich. Total destruction.

(2) Agree that Muslims entering the United States need additional scrutiny over those that are Protestant, Catholic or other Christian denominations.

(3) Believe in JEWS as being world dominators.

(4) Populate most of the hate groups in the United States such as Aryan Nation, The KKK, and other White Supremacy groups.

Trump understands this is his base and throws out dog whistles on a constant basis to hear his minions bark. It has created a dangerous environment nationally and globally.

He needs to be removed from office, even by the military, if need be, before something irreversibly terrible occurs.

Dog whistles, the Klan, Nazis, military overthrow of the government, Aryan nation, the FINAL SOLUTION - how sad it is that such hatred and negativity can be found in some even over the most pleasant and benign phrase, "Merry Christmas".

Actually, the "sadness" exists when "some" take words out of context and insert their own words into the comments of others to contrive something to criticize!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Esteemed Social Butterfly

Redacted

NON ISSUE—DIVERSION

trump and his mouthpieces made this a hate issue—to say otherwise—lies and once again, flights of fantasy. 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Honored Social Butterfly

phyllisc6781 posted..

NON ISSUE—DIVERSION

trump and his mouthpieces made this a hate issue—to say otherwise—lies and once again, flights of fantasy.

You and other Trump haters are the ones that are trying to make what he said a issue..that is shameful but SOP for you and your group.

FYI The thread is .... President Trump, First Lady Share Holiday Greetings.

Holiday greetings.

What day is December 25th...its Christmas day...Christmas day ... got it?
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

You and other Trump haters are the ones that are trying to make what he said a issue..that is shameful but SOP for you and your group.

Holiday greetings.

And what is Christmas day? It's a holiday! Got it?

No kid!  It was your stupid president who made this bit of ridiculousness an issue when he lied about Mr. Obama not  saying Merry Christmas, and then used it as a way to draw his less than intelligent base away from the fact that the Russian investigation is getting ever closer to him—ever wonder—- if this investigation is just a hoax why he spends so much time obssessing over it!!!  It’s fear!!

Good boy! You know the 25th of Dec. is Christmas day. That is one thing in your post that is true.

However, are you under the impression holiday greetings are only exchanged on the 25th? Hanukkah runs from Dec. 12-20th.  What about them, or because they have a different religion do they not count? 

Oh, BTW—this is a non issue. What it IS is DIVERSION.

Honored Social Butterfly

phyllisc6781 posted..

12-27-2017 01:25 PM
No kid! It was your stupid president who made this bit of ridiculousness an issue when he lied about Mr. Obama not saying Merry Christmas, and then used it as a way to draw his less than intelligent base away from the fact that the Russian investigation is getting ever closer to him—ever wonder—- if this investigation is just a hoax why he spends so much time obssessing over it!!! It’s fear!!

Good boy! You know the 25th of Dec. is Christmas day. That is one thing in your post that is true.

However, are you under the impression holiday greetings are only exchanged on the 25th? Hanukkah runs from Dec. 12-20th. What about them, or because they have a different religion do they not count?

Oh, BTW—this is a non issue. Whst it IS is DIVERSION.

Your post calling me Boy...racist!

Trump is not my President he is our President....and your many daily rants bashing him will not change that.

Holiday greetings. They are used many days before Christmas and now it's Happy News Years.

You keep bring up Hanukkah. Fine. But its not a legal holiday like Christmas. I think you can see the difference.

We have sent out Happy Hanukkah cards to our Jewish friends.

Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:
phyllisc6781 posted..

NON ISSUE—DIVERSION

Holiday greetings.

Actually, you made this an issue here by posting this topic. There is no "assault on Christmas".

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:
phyllisc6781 posted..

Oh for God’s sake—there was NEVER ANY threat to the phrase Merry Christmas—

That shows you are not up to speed on what has gone up...that's OK I understand.

Merry Christmas!

I am curious. Are you saying people have been forced to give up wishing "Merry Christmas"? If so, by whom?

Or, are you saying people should be forced TO SAY "Merry Christmas"? 

Honored Social Butterfly

Rich posted..

I am curious. Are you saying people have been forced to give up wishing "Merry Christmas"?

==========================

No and No.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Rich posted..

I am curious. Are you saying people have been forced to give up wishing "Merry Christmas"?

==========================

No and No.

Then...............what the heck kind of fake news are you talking about?

Sadly, I also understand.  Hiw sad fir you!

BUT!!

LOL!! You comment can now be placed into the box of material for the forthcoming trump and cultists comedy tour.

Keep drinking that kool-aide.

Did you watch the video?? Probably not! Truth isn’t well received by trump’s faithful cultists.

So, like Don Quixote you are free to fight windmils!! Enjoy the fantasies

that drive your quests!!

LOL!

Happy Hanukkah!!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

phyllisc6781 posted..

LOL!! You comment can now be placed into the box of material for the forthcoming trump and cultists comedy tour.

Keep drinking that kool-aide.

======================

Not nice....but again you have a record of that ...you are number one at that and I think that is your goal.

Enough is enough...how about showing a little respect for other posters...blast Trump all you want but when you blast other posters that is going over the line.

I have had it with you and your inability to be civil.

Happy posting!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

KidBoy2:

On Saturday, he tweeted that people are "proud to be saying Merry Christmas again."

"I am proud to have led the charge against the assault of our cherished and beautiful phrase," Trump tweeted on Christmas Eve.

Here's what he says when he isn't pushing your buttons. LOL

Trusted Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

"..............On Saturday, he tweeted that people are "proud to be saying Merry Christmas again."

Well stated."

Even on the anniversary of the birthday of the Prince of Peace, this man  has managed to make the occassion into a boast about his prowess in contest with 'the enemy'.  What a very odd thing for a professed Christian to do.  How odd.  And you see fit to approve.  How sad.

Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

President Trump wished Americans a "Merry Christmas" in a video message he posted to Twitter on Monday morning.

"My fellow Americans, Melania and I are delighted to wish America and the entire world a very Merry Christmas," Trump says in the video message.

"At this time of year, we see the best of America and the soul of the American people," Melania Trump says in the video.

President Trump says that in the season of joy, people spend time with their families, renew the "bonds of love and goodwill between our citizens" and celebrate the "miracle of Christmas."

"On behalf of Melania, myself, Barron and the entire Trump family, God bless you, God bless America, and have a very very merry Christmas and happy new year."

Well stated. 

except...this merry christmas message to you

https://youtu.be/cn_pQyfT180?t=117

So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly

@MIseker wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Well stated. 

except...this merry christmas message to you

https://youtu.be/cn_pQyfT180?t=117

Thank you, @MIseker, for posting a video that dispels the myth that Obama was for NOT SAYING MERRY CHRISTMAS.

This FAKE NEWS is usually disseminated by those that are ANTI-SEMITIC and/or ANTI-MUSLIM.

The FAKE NEWS that the MAJORITY Christian population is under attack is the same ploy HITLER used to convince the GERMANS that they, too, were under attack.

I hoped we wouldn't see this type of religious attack during this season that has significance for all of us but it seems that some like TRUMP and his "follower" on this thread can't help but create animosity between the faiths.

SAD!!!!!

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
Honored Social Butterfly

Der Trumper, (who has no idea what the Bible says or what Jesus said), is simply enraging his moronbase. They think White Fundie Christians in America are under attack, which makes it easy for the GOPerLords to send them to attack minorities of every kind and color.

It works - claiming to be the one pushing people to say "Merry Christmas" is just the sort of nothing action Der Trumper revels in - takes no effort, in his hands becomes an attack on non-Fundie Christians, and as I mentioned, enrages his moronbase.

This is the idi0t who tried to impress actual Christians with his Bible reading of "Two Corinthians" - anyone who heard this sham and cannot conclude the man has never even READ the Bible is a perfect Republican. Still think he sounded like he was beginning a bad joke - Two Corinthians go into a bar.....

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png