WATCH VIDEO: Friday's Iowa presidential candidate forum. Appearing are Beto O'Rourke, Elizabeth Warren, Marianne Williamson and Andrew Yang.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MEDICARE FOR ALL AND OTHER SUBJECTS

Message 11 of 47

@rker321 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

If we adopt a single payer heath care plan, doctors can't "opt out" except for cash patients. I have Medicare and an advantage plan. Average wait time, almost all things are covered, no problems and no one refuses it. Sounds like your excuses are just that ............ excuses, and erroneous ones at that.

I have always been a proponent of a National Health care system mainly because you have the opition to get insurance coverage for items that you want coverage and or cover more of the items that are covered in the national plan. But in this Medicare for all you can't do that, they prohibit insurances to provide duplicate coverage of  benefits. there is a whole to read on that section that I personally don't  feel comfortable with. I sugges that you read the Medicare for All plan.

I have read the entire plan, the entire Bill.  You seem to keep ignoring the fact that this Bill will not be passed as is. It is a suggested plan and many things can be changed in the Bill. Why do you not acknowledge that? No Bill is ever written and passed without amendments, it's part of the process of law making. People that support going to a single payer national health care plan should contact their Senators and Representatives and make known what they want included in the plan. Simply saying I don't like this and I don't like that on a chat site accomplishes nothing.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 47

@ChasKy53 wrote:

If we adopt a single payer heath care plan, doctors can't "opt out" except for cash patients. I have Medicare and an advantage plan. Average wait time, almost all things are covered, no problems and no one refuses it. Sounds like your excuses are just that ............ excuses, and erroneous ones at that.

I have always been a proponent of a National Health care system mainly because you have the opition to get insurance coverage for items that you want coverage and or cover more of the items that are covered in the national plan. But in this Medicare for all you can't do that, they prohibit insurances to provide duplicate coverage of  benefits. there is a whole to read on that section that I personally don't  feel comfortable with. I sugges that you read the Medicare for All plan.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 47

@rker321 wrote:

For starters,  not one word as to the individual  cost or family cost in all the 10 pages.  so. what happens to a father with wife and kids when he is the sole wage earner?  how is his family going to be covered, what happens in case of a divorce and that woman has no work history? 

Will continue to bring up issues that I will name by  Titles that I can see that I don't care for them at all.

Why in the world don't you go find the entire Bill and read it? It will answer your questions. Also, you fail to understand that HR 676 is just one suggested national health care plan. America can copy the things hat are so successful in other countries and incorporate it into a plan for America. In fact, those things can be amended into the HR 676 Bill.

Call it a fantasy. Long ago it was considered a fantasy that the Earth was round, or more recently that we would ever have Medicare of Social Security. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 47

@mandm84 wrote:

Republicans were just fine needlessly spending Trillions (5.9 Trillion according to Cost of War) , immorally invading Iraq. God forbid they provide Medical Coverage to keep it's Citizens Healthy and Alive.

Republicans will never go for any form of Universal Health Care for All , because it may cost the Insanely Wealthy a little bit more in Taxes.

I am sure that we can blame the Republicans all you want .but at this time, I am concerned with this Medicare for All program that I can see has many issues that I do not feel comfortable with. I suggest that you read the bill and then have an opinion on what will be implemented and how is it going to affect you personally.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 47

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Medicare for all sounds like if it ever occurs will be healthcare for none (think VA)! More good doctors will opt out and become concierge doctors for more money and those that stay in the plan will have patients with long wait times and poor service.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 47

Republicans were just fine needlessly spending Trillions (5.9 Trillion according to Cost of War) , immorally invading Iraq. God forbid they provide Medical Coverage to keep it's Citizens Healthy and Alive.

Republicans will never go for any form of Universal Health Care for All , because it may cost the Insanely Wealthy a little bit more in Taxes.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 47

For starters,  not one word as to the individual  cost or family cost in all the 10 pages.  so. what happens to a father with wife and kids when he is the sole wage earner?  how is his family going to be covered, what happens in case of a divorce and that woman has no work history? 

Will continue to bring up issues that I will name by  Titles that I can see that I don't care for them at all.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 47

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Medicare for all sounds like if it ever occurs will be healthcare for none (think VA)! More good doctors will opt out and become concierge doctors for more money and those that stay in the plan will have patients with long wait times and poor service.

My question is whether you think Americans are too stupid to simply copy a program which has been wildly successful in so many other countries OR do you think the Republicans will sabotage the program? 

I can't think of any other reason it would not work in America as it does the rest of the developed world. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 47

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 47

I have read the 10 page summary and will print out that summary,  There are many things that I find that I cannot support in that bill. 
It sounded to me in many of the parts that I read that there were not going to be able to be implemented. and other issues   that now, I will mention paragraph by paragraph of the things that I don't like or care about.

The bill sounds to me like a fairy tale of good things happening. I need a lot more than that. Ifought Sarah Palin when she started the Death Panels. and I will fight for the things that I consider that are not good In this bill.

Kudos
Views