Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MEDICARE FOR ALL AND OTHER SUBJECTS

Message 21 of 47

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Once again, "Medicare for all" is a dishonest term since it is basically only available to those who paid in - a government funded program is not paid into by 47% of the population. Secondly, Medicare has age requirements - the system being advocated for does not.

"Medicare for All" is a term, a name. No, it is not "dishonest" ............... Read HR 676.

Yes, a term, a dishonest term since it does not describe the realities of Medicare as currently described. Medicare requires paying in.

Actually,  it's "dishonest" to say that 47% does not pay into Medicare.

I did not say that. I look forward to your apology upon your rereading of my words.

Read the bill, then comment. (what a concept) Medicare for all would be paid for by "paying in".

Actually, you did say it    "@rk9152 wrote:

Once again, "Medicare for all" is a dishonest term since it is basically only available to those who paid in - a government funded program is not paid into by 47% of the population.

OOPS ............. I guess you are the one that owes an apology.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 47

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Once again, "Medicare for all" is a dishonest term since it is basically only available to those who paid in - a government funded program is not paid into by 47% of the population. Secondly, Medicare has age requirements - the system being advocated for does not.

"Medicare for All" is a term, a name. No, it is not "dishonest" ............... Read HR 676.

Yes, a term, a dishonest term since it does not describe the realities of Medicare as currently described. Medicare requires paying in.

I did not say that. I look forward to your apology upon your rereading of my words.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 47

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Sorry guys, that bill is giving me palpitations.  I still haven't found out as to how they plan to implement it and  how is going to impact today's beneficiaries.

For what I read in the summary, is a fantasy land type of bill  and not   even as good ad Obamacare. 

I realize that I may have to read a lot more but for the time being. NO WAY JOSe.

You should really read the entire bill before you make such a judgement.  Contempt prior to investigation.  Is that like "we have to read the bill to know what's in it"?  Please send this to Nanny Pelosi, too.

And regardless, HR 676 is like any other bill, as written, it is a starting point and it isn't final until it is amended and made acceptable to all, it's the way our legislature works. cc Nanny Pelosi on this, too.  You do know that, don't you?  

"The media has one job to do, but they fail at it every day."

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 47

Thanks Chas. Wouldn't this be something !!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 47

@rker321 wrote:

Sorry guys, that bill is giving me palpitations.  I still haven't found out as to how they plan to implement it and  how is going to impact today's beneficiaries.

For what I read in the summary, is a fantasy land type of bill  and not   even as good ad Obamacare. 

I realize that I may have to read a lot more but for the time being. NO WAY JOSe.

You should really read the entire bill before you make such a judgement.  Contempt prior to investigation.

And regardless, HR 676 is like any other bill, as written, it is a starting point and it isn't final until it is amended and made acceptable to all, it's the way our legislature works. You do know that, don't you?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 47

@rker321 wrote:

Scout, I am going to read the bill, thanks for providing the correct name.

You misread my first post on HR 676.  Here is a link to HR 676 from the 111th Congress, it is a summary of the bill:

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/111/hr676/summary

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 47

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Is there anything written that will provide  bullet point for HR675?  Well HR675  from what I saw has nothing to do with Medicare for All 
Is anything written at this point about this?

The number of the bill was in error - it's HR1384, and if you google it, you can find a brief summary and a 10 page version as well as the bill itself.

No ........... I posted nothing "in error", I orignally posted HR 676,  rk321 read it wrong.  This is from the 11th and 113th Congress.  You can find HR 676 (Medicare for all) in it's entirety,  but here is the summary of HR 676:

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/111/hr676/summary

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 47

@rker321 wrote:

Is there anything written that will provide  bullet point for HR675?  Well HR675  from what I saw has nothing to do with Medicare for All 
Is anything written at this point about this?

It is HR 676.   You have called it HR 670 and HR 675, neither are the bill I refer to. Again ........... it is HR 676

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 47

@rker321 wrote:

I will read that HR 670 But  this is not the way to introduce something as important to all of us.

It is  HR 676 .... not 670.  It has been available to read for a very long time, just google it, it's easy to find.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 47

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors