Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 11 of 15

@GailL1 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Well I Guess We Know Who To Thank - NOT!

I wouldn't be so sure about that - It is the current Administration which has given these Medicare Advantage insurers to add these additional benefits - NOT covered in the traditional program - which benefits the health and wellbeing of many seniors.  The conditional rule says these benefits must be health related.

But seniors cannot be complacent in reviewing their plan EVERY year during open enrollment because these extra benefits can change yearly - some dropped, others added or kept the same.

But they will be a valued asset when a person might need them.  Everything from meals being brought to them when they are recuperating, a personal care aide or homemaker assistance to the old standby of health and fitness, some vision, hearing and dental programs.  The CMS allowance even permits adding or changing the home structure for health and / or safety needs.  Plus all kinds of chronic illness help to keep the condition in check - weight loss programs, nutrition programs.

I have not read any of the new contracts - So who knows what special benefit offers there might be.  They are getting paid more for specific seniors who pose more risk based on a self-imposed assessment - then they should be doing more things to help theses beneficiary's condition improve or slow progression.

i have a wait and see attitude on this - but based on the special program offerings being included and the popularity of them - then this could be a way to get more and more market share.  Who needs big legislative changes for a premium support (new) model when what we already have going could be morphed from within ( that's me thinking - not government, not yet anyway).

Can you explain how the current administration got these Medicare Advantage insurers to add these additional benefits?

I read this as nothing more than - investors seeing a industry that is underserved - encouraging other insurers to enter the market - more competition creates better pricing and more and better options for Consumers

Are you saying Trump invented Capitalism too?

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 15

@mickstuder wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure about that - It is the current Administration which has given these Medicare Advantage insurers to add these additional benefits - NOT covered in the traditional program - which benefits the health and wellbeing of many seniors.  The conditional rule says these benefits must be health related.

But seniors cannot be complacent in reviewing their plan EVERY year during open enrollment because these extra benefits can change yearly - some dropped, others added or kept the same.

But they will be a valued asset when a person might need them.  Everything from meals being brought to them when they are recuperating, a personal care aide or homemaker assistance to the old standby of health and fitness, some vision, hearing and dental programs.  The CMS allowance even permits adding or changing the home structure for health and / or safety needs.  Plus all kinds of chronic illness help to keep the condition in check - weight loss programs, nutrition programs.

I have not read any of the new contracts - So who knows what special benefit offers there might be.  They are getting paid more for specific seniors who pose more risk based on a self-imposed assessment - then they should be doing more things to help theses beneficiary's condition improve or slow progression.

i have a wait and see attitude on this - but based on the special program offerings being included and the popularity of them - then this could be a way to get more and more market share.  Who needs big legislative changes for a premium support (new) model when what we already have going could be morphed from within ( that's me thinking - not government, not yet anyway).

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 15

"The Trump administration boosted payments to Medicare Advantage plans by 3.4 percent for 2019, 0.45 percentage points higher than the 2018 increase."

And, let us not forget that Trump's corporate tax cuts helped insurance companies pass their savings to customers. 

I am sticking to my old plan because most of the benefits have increased.  I especially like the $40/month worth of free over the counter (OTC) health related products, e.g., vitamins.   Last year it was $25/month OTC.  

If you want to see more liberal whining with a "Trump doesn't own it." theme, see.

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Politics-Current-Events/Under-Trump-I-have-the-Best-Medicare-Advantage...

You are getting sleepy.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 15

Trump Medicare Advantage.png

Source - https://twitter.com/?lang=en

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

MEDICARE ADVANTAGE PLANS Expected to SOAR in 2019

Message 15 of 15

More insurers entering the Medicare marketplace, new benefits included . . . . 

They have found ways to make money even with this older group.

Seniors appear to really like them.

Give them what they want . . . . And they will come, especially if it is a good value for their bucks - Wonder if they know how much Medicare is paying to the insurers for them.

Are they even aware of how it all works?

Perhaps it should be "Medicare Advantage For All ". Woman Wink 

Kaiser Health News. 10/16/2018 - Medicare Advantage Riding High As New Insurers Flock To Sell To Sen...

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, October 1 – Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall Event

1 p.m. ET - Coronavirus: Vaccines & Coping During the Pandemic