Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: MANNIFORD VEREDUCT WILL BE...................................

Message 1 of 30

@CriticalThinking wrote:

MANAFORT's SOLITARY CONFINEMENT

Per a filing by the Mueller team, it reveals that the Manafort version of solitary confinement comes with certain amenities.

• Manafort “is not confined to a cell”
  • Between 8:30 am and 10 pm, Manafort “has access to a separate workroom at the jail to meet with his attorneys and legal team”
  • He has “his own bathroom and shower facility”
  • He has “his own personal telephone,” which he can use more than 12 hours a day
  • Those calls are limited to 15 minutes each, but when they cut off, he can just call the person back immediately
  • He’s made nearly 300 phone calls in the last three weeks
  • He has a personal laptop he can use in his unit to review materials and prepare for his trial
  • He was provided an extension cord to let him use his laptop in either his unit or his workroom
  • He’s not allowed to send emails, but he “has developed a workaround” for even that — his legal team brings in a laptop, he drafts the emails on that laptop, and they send them out after they leave.
  • He’s being treated like a “VIP,” according to his own account on a monitored phone call.

He lost several of those privileges when his lawyers complained about him being in 'solitary confinement'. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 30

I  WASN'T   THAT FAR OFF.   i  HAD THE FEELING THAT THE JURORS WOULD NOT FIND HIM GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS AND THEY  STAYED OUT SO MANY DAYS, i REALLY BEGAN TO WORRY AS TO WHAT THE END WOULD BE
NOW FOR SURE THE DC TRIAL WILL BE A LOT DIFFERENT THAN THIS ONE, THE ANTICS OF THIS JUDGE WILL NOT BE THERE  AND I HAVE THE FEELING THAT THEY MAY SEQUESTER THE JURY THIS IS NOT THE KIND OF TRIAL THAT YOU CAN HAVE JURORS EXPOSED TO THE CONSTANT MEDIA AND TRUMP TWEETS.

no name
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 30

Reporting verdict on 8 counts. 

Mistrial on 10.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

MANNIFORD VEREDUCT WILL BE...................................

Message 4 of 30

First, there is no legal component called a vereduct.

Second, jurors do not have to find the defendant guilty or not guilty on all 18 counts. There can be a hung jury for one or more counts, but that has no impact on the other counts where the jury came up with a unanimous verdict.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 30

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Manafort has also been called back into the court room. 

So what happens if they simply say not guilty on the one that they cannot reach a consensus and reach consensus on all others?  Have an opinion  on any of this? What is your take? If the judge doesn't accept a partial veredict then what a mistrial? I tell you that judge should be retired.

no name
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 30

Manafort has also been called back into the court room. 

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 30
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 30

@BigLib wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

So, it seems that I am again pretty clear about what is going to happen in this trial and yes, I am patting my back.

Now everyone is questioning as to why this judge didn't sequester this jury. and the amount of disparaging things that he said to the prosecutors.
and the reason that the defense attorneys didn't bother to call one witness.
Gee what is that we are seeing here/

either a hung jury or a not guilty  veredict.  

Hoping that the DC trial the judge is more capable of dealing with a trial of this nature.

and if any of this happens, Can anyone see Trump and his tweets? 

I hope you are wrong, but we’ll see. Yes, the judge didn’t seem prepared for this at all. Or he’s just a little....off. 

The judge is a Reagan appointee. That answers a lot of questions.

Do you have a list of that "lot of questions"?

Esteemed Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 30

@Roxanna35 wrote:

The fact that the judge is a Reagan appointees doesn't answer any question please do not now do  like Trump that said that he got a bum trial because the judge was a Mexican. do not copy bad behaviour.
But the jurors not reaching a verdict gives my opinion a little more credence.
I don't know if they find him not guilty if the prosecutors will appeal. they have lots of things that they can appeal on. but don't know beside the DC trial will make up for this one and the judge will not be as much of an idiot as this one.

What part of the prosecutors cannot appeal a not guilty verdict do you not understand? The problem lies when a judge makes comments in the jury's presence, that can unfairly influence or bias them against the prosecution, which Judge Ellis does repeatedly. You cannot unring a bell. Not sure how insulting someone's nationality is akin to the shameful level of jurisprudence Reagan's criminal administration saddled this nation with.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (13 pages of lies and growing)
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 30

The fact that the judge is a Reagan appointees doesn't answer any question please do not now do  like Trump that said that he got a bum trial because the judge was a Mexican. do not copy bad behaviour.
But the jurors not reaching a verdict gives my opinion a little more credence.
I don't know if they find him not guilty if the prosecutors will appeal. they have lots of things that they can appeal on. but don't know beside the DC trial will make up for this one and the judge will not be as much of an idiot as this one.

no name
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a health tip to share or a health question to ask?

Check out the Health Tips discussion board today!

Top Authors