Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MANNIFORD VEREDUCT WILL BE...................................

Message 21 of 30

@gordyfl wrote:

If Manafort is found guilty on all 18 charges he could spend the rest of his life in prison. 

I don't think he'll be found Not Guilty on All the charges.

A few notes:

1) The defense brought in no witnesses.

2) Even though the Procecution spent a great deal of time questioning Rick Gates on the witness stand, they gave little to no mention of him in their closing argument.

3) Manafort spent much of the time staring down Rick Gates, while Gates hardly even glanced at Manafort.

4) Manafort has another trial coming up in September in D.C. -- similar charges.

5) The word "Russia" was never mentioned throughout the trial.

I find your item #5 escecially interesting.

A person cannot be tried by the same soverign twice for the SAME crime.

BUT he can CERTAINLY be tried for each NEW crime, even if his actions were part of the charge on a previous trial.

So if lil donny pardons Manafort for all his sleazy money scamming and fraud, he can go right beck to the docket to stand trial for CONSPIRACY AGAINST THE UNITED STATES WITH A HOSTILE FOREIGN POWER.

Seems Manafort will have to rely on a great many get out of jail free cards to NOT die in prison.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 30

If Manafort is found Guilty and facing many years in prison, he can still cooperate with Mueller as a way to reduce his sentence.

But, I think he'll just wait for the Trump Pardon.

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 30

If Manafort is found guilty on all 18 charges he could spend the rest of his life in prison. 

I don't think he'll be found Not Guilty on All the charges.

A few notes:

1) The defense brought in no witnesses.

2) Even though the Procecution spent a great deal of time questioning Rick Gates on the witness stand, they gave little to no mention of him in their closing argument.

3) Manafort spent much of the time staring down Rick Gates, while Gates hardly even glanced at Manafort.

4) Manafort has another trial coming up in September in D.C. -- similar charges.

5) The word "Russia" was never mentioned throughout the trial.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 30

I stopped predicting the outcome of a trial after the O.J. verdict.  Manaford is obviously guilty as sin but we shall see how the jurors feel.  I am hoping for a guilty verdict and then a presidential pardon just before the mid terms.  If Trump can shut down the government as well.....bonus!!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 30

I agree it’s been a weird trial, and this judge is.....interesting. I could see a hung jury on several counts.  But anything he’s actually acquitted of can’t be appealed by the prosecution because of double jeopardy. 

Well see what happens. 

And there is Manafort’s next trial in DC. 9/17.  This Virginia case had about 400 pieces of evidence. The DC trial potentially has up to 1,000.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

MANNIFORD VEREDUCT WILL BE...................................

Message 26 of 30

MANAFORT's SOLITARY CONFINEMENT

Per a filing by the Mueller team, it reveals that the Manafort version of solitary confinement comes with certain amenities.

• Manafort “is not confined to a cell”
  • Between 8:30 am and 10 pm, Manafort “has access to a separate workroom at the jail to meet with his attorneys and legal team”
  • He has “his own bathroom and shower facility”
  • He has “his own personal telephone,” which he can use more than 12 hours a day
  • Those calls are limited to 15 minutes each, but when they cut off, he can just call the person back immediately
  • He’s made nearly 300 phone calls in the last three weeks
  • He has a personal laptop he can use in his unit to review materials and prepare for his trial
  • He was provided an extension cord to let him use his laptop in either his unit or his workroom
  • He’s not allowed to send emails, but he “has developed a workaround” for even that — his legal team brings in a laptop, he drafts the emails on that laptop, and they send them out after they leave.
  • He’s being treated like a “VIP,” according to his own account on a monitored phone call.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 30

What is a Vereduct?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 30

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

What do you think about the defense telling the jury that the reason for Manafort's solitary confinement (as well as a possible hundred year jail sentence) was to get him to "flip" or make statements that could cause Trump to be charged with something since Mueller had NOTHING so far? Even murderers are not given solitary confinement.

Really!!!!!! Did the defense actually say those words in the trial and in  fromt of the Judge Jury and the Defense attorneys?  or did you hear it on  Fox and Friends.
Because if the prosecutors said as you are saying and the Defense didn't actually scremaed "mistrial"  If I was Manniford I would have fired those attornerys.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 30

What do you think about the defense telling the jury that the reason for Manafort's solitary confinement (as well as a possible hundred year jail sentence) was to get him to "flip" or make statements that could cause Trump to be charged with something since Mueller had NOTHING so far? Even murderers are not given solitary confinement.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Message 30 of 30

NOT GUILTY.

These are my  personal reason as to why I believe that the jurors will not find him guilty

I am surprised to have seen how this trial has been conducted, and when the jurors come back with a not guilty verdict I am sure that the prosecution will file  for  an appeal.
There has been so many things during that trial that have been surprising to me.

1.-The judge  admonishing the prosecution without cause
2.- The Judge giving the instruction to the jurors to have common sense in their decisions but to base their decision on WHAT THEY HAVE HEARD  
That alone triggered  in me what I have seen and done in several  trials.  HOW  DOES THAT JUDGE THINKS THAT A JUROR IS GOING TO REMEMBER WHAT WAS SAID? THEY HAVE TO LOOK AT THE EVIDENCE TO BE ABLE TO REMIND THEM OF WHAT THEY HAVE HEARD.
3.- Judge  own words,  I didn't realize that this trial would be seen as important by the public as is has

Bunk!!!!! please don't tell me that the judge doesn't know who is MannIforf  and what kind of publicity this trial has had.
He should have done what is was expected   to sequestered the JUry in order not to taint it  those jurors, because of the amount of publicity of the case.
So  I am getting the feeling that MaNNIFORD WILL HAVE A VERDICT OF NOT GUILTY,

no name
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: What advice do you need to better manage your stress and anxiety?

Clinical Psychologists Barry Jacobs and Julie Mayer will answer your questions on how to cope with the major life change, anxiety, and sadness we are all facing these days. Ask a question now and tune in live on May 27, 3-5 p.m. ET.

Top Authors