Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: MANAFORT GUILTY!

Message 11 of 26

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

Unfortunately, from this article it appears that he can pardon M. if found guilty in the next trial.  I've been confused about pardons and still am a bit.

The President can pardon those convicted of federal crimes. He cannot pardon those convicted of state crimes.

I understand now that the prosecutors are going after federal crimes as well as state crimes.  It's possible (I think) that this could be the case for both Manafort and Cohen.  So it seems that no matter what federal crimes dt pardons, (if any) there is likely  going to be years in prison for both of his friends for their state crimes.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 26

@Soosie wrote:
All we are missing is the syphilis that Capone died of while in prison..........@tarheel.....with all the charges mentioned, why would you be concerned with syphilis?

Why would your darling trump?

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 26

@Soosie wrote:
All we are missing is the syphilis that Capone died of while in prison..........@tarheel.....with all the charges mentioned, why would you be concerned with syphilis?

I am not sure I get your point. Are you saying the only difference between Manafort and Capone is that Capone had syphilis and (probably) Manafort does not? Interesting comparison. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 26

MANAFORT GUILTY!

Round two coming up.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 26

@Soosie wrote:

You mean aside from syphillis being historically documented fact and that it doesn't fit the current alternative reality memes?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 26

I don't see this as such a big problem for Trump - not as much as Michael Cohen pleading guilty today.

Michael Cohen is the one who can bring Trump down with his testimony. I heard potential election crimes - Stormy and the other model.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 26
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 26

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Manafort verdict:

• 5 counts tax fraud: Guilty
  • 2 counts bank fraud: Guilty
  • 1 count failure to disclose foreign bank account: Guilty
  • 10 counts: Jury unable to reach consensus

Classic charges of which Al Capone was convicted and sentenced.

All we are missing is the syphilis that Capone died of while in prison.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 26

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

I had never thought of comparing Manaford to Capone.  I suppose there is a certain similarity.  Would that make Trump Dillinger? 

Not comparing him to anyone, just commenting that when all else fails it's a sure fire charge.  Many of the liberals here could probably be sent up on the same charge if their returns were scrutinized close enough.  Especially with their attempted ability to take something and turn it into some nefarious.

Actually, Capone was convicted of (just) tax evasion while Manafort was convicted of BANK FRAUD and tax evasion. Yes Republicans, it really IS against the law to avoid paying your taxes.  I see Trump just announced that this "has nothing to do with me".  A short message to Manafort that the promised pardon has been lost in the mail?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 26

@Richva wrote:

I had never thought of comparing Manaford to Capone.  I suppose there is a certain similarity.  Would that make Trump Dillinger? 

Not comparing him to anyone, just commenting that when all else fails it's a sure fire charge.  Many of the liberals here could probably be sent up on the same charge if their returns were scrutinized close enough.  Especially with their attempted ability to take something and turn it into some nefarious.

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Call-in Event: Coronavirus: Maintaining Your Well-Being

Ask experts about the coronavirus, learn how to protect yourself, stay connected and cope with stress and anxiety brought on by the pandemic. Join AARP for a special call-in event April 9, at 1:00 pm (EDT).

You can participate by calling toll-free 1-855-274-9507.

Learn more about the event on our Tele-Town Hall page.

Top Authors